• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does the cop thing always get brought up?
Isn't platinum games a japanese company?

Wasn't aware they had an issue with their police force so why would they consider that when making a game. A lot of people can't see outside of America.

Here in the UK the police force are generally looked at favourably
era is very USA-centric in general

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I'm terrified that the story will be shallow, even if the gameplay is on point. Depends on how much Taura learned from Yoko Taro I guess.
like that stopped Platinum Games(or Capcom)before, people are putting too much on story and too little on Gameplay with this one for some reason if only games with good plot had 90 on mc Breath of the Wild would neve r had a chance lol

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
If Dark Souls is "anime" then "anime" as a descriptor has truly lost all meaning lmao

This is a point I've been trying to make for ages actually. People just use "anime" to mean all the bad tropes they don't like. Then they hold games like Dark Souls up on a pedestal as the only good Japanese series because it's not "anime".
Ignoring that games like Dark Souls and especially Bloodborne draw from the same Japanese sensibilities found in anime.
Not all anime is Dragon Ball Z or fan service wish fulfilment either.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
IT'S HIS TURN ERA

gnenoTe.jpg
5/10.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
My prediction:
82 MC
I think it'll be a great game but it won't resonate with many reviewers.
There will be a 3/10 and at least two 10/10 reviews.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the story of bayonetta 2 was straight up garbage and that didn't stop it from being one of the top 5 best character action games ever hands down

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
*sees Bayonetta's dodge for the eleventh time*

did they?

(half-joking)
That's the funniest shit for PG fans since we know we're getting Witch Time, Dodge Offset, Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa counters and maaaaaybeeee that stuff from Viewtiful Joe where you can negate damage if you hit jump a the time you land (that was in TW101 for sure, don't know if it was in Bayonetta).

At the same time, the game structure here is clearly changing things up a bit from their usual stuff.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the cop thing always get brought up?
Isn't platinum games a japanese company?

Wasn't aware they had an issue with their police force so why would they consider that when making a game. A lot of people can't see outside of America.

Here in the UK the police force are generally looked at favourably
People are on crack because its a Switch Platinum exclusive. Nobody said a damn thing about RE2 remake lol.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Salty Rice? More like Salty Tears.

I love FS games but im just saying how it is.

You cant tell me Platinums games in the last decade are not more diverse than FS output.

Ah yes, Bloodborne and Sekiro are just Dark Souls with a different settings. Lol
Yes they are kinda. There is reason why there mangled into the BloodSoulskiro genre by many people.

Not saying they are the exact same games but they use the same blueprint.