• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I love it when games put in the extra effort to have a sizzle reel theme song that plays either before the title screen or after waiting a short time at the title screen. Recent examples include Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Dragon Quest XI S.

The latter is non-lyrical but still beautifully sets the tone. That's key for someone like me who gets into the mood before playing a game. Y'know, candles in the room, body oils and rose petals on the couch. And an anime opening.

Astral Chain has such an OP — one that is straight-up anime trash, and I love it — yet it only appears to play after completing the first level.

I have sat at the title screen of this (otherwise magnificent) game for a half-hour, waiting for the so-silly-I-love-it song to play again.

I also combed through the in-game database, finding 3D model viewers and character bios, etc, but no event viewer where the theme song is concerned.

Nintendo, Platinum, pls — rectify this grievous oversight. Patch the game so the song plays again after 30 seconds at the title screen.

I will wuv you forever.

randomhugs

Oct 25, 2017
You can watching it again by replaying the first mission. Go to the pc and you can replay any mission there. It's not ideal ofc.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
You can watching it again by replaying the first mission. Go to the pc and you can replay any mission there.
I know, but you have to replay the entire level. It's a short level, but that's work maaaaaaaaan. I just want to watch it once at the title screen before resuming my adventures as Sgt. Waifu McWaifuson.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes but also make a Japanese version, I can't start the game without hearing "kono bangumi wa goran no suponsaa no teikyou de okurishimasu!"

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
You can buy all the vocal songs on iTunes. I know I searched for the soundtrack immediately after my first play session.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
You can buy all the vocal songs on iTunes. I know I searched for the soundtrack immediately after my first play session.
Yeah, but it's not just the music (which is fantastic), I also appreciate the montage perfectly timed to it.

Gee golly, I would SURE LOVE to watch it again at the title screen. If only Ninty/Platy loved me. :-(

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Personally glad to know I won't have to sit through it again, didn't sit well with me.

I think it could have been great, and I get what they were going for, but the execution was just... off for me.

Loving the rest of the OST so far though.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I hate it. I was noping out hard when I saw it. It wasn't just an anime OP, it was a bad one.

At least the song Dark Hero doesn't suck. Savior is kinda lame.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Personally glad to know I won't have to sit through it again, didn't sit well with me.

I think it could have been great, and I get what they were going for, but the execution was just... off for me.

Loving the rest of the OST so far though.
I hate it. I was noping out hard when I saw it. It wasn't just an anime OP, it was a bad one.

At least the song Dark Hero doesn't suck. Savior is kinda lame.
OK, so maybe it wasn't your cup o' tea, but I loooooove it, and it won't hurt you if it just plays after 30 seconds at the title screen

It's baffling to me that they put in the work on a theme song but then it's just a one-off occurrence in the first level. :-\

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so maybe it wasn't your cup o' tea, but I loooooove it, and it won't hurt you if it just plays after 30 seconds at the title screen

It's baffling to me that they put in the work on a theme song but then it's just a one-off occurrence in the first level. :-\

Well, you're probably expected to play through the game more than once.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you're probably expected to play through the game more than once.
Oh foscho, that's a Platinum standard. First playthrough is the tutorial. Second playthrough is the real deal.

But the great gameplay/story/world is enough for a replay. Don't gate the theme song that way. :-(

Savior really grew on me despite not liking it at first.

Their should be a cinematic viewer.
Actually, that's a good point. Maybe the bigger issue here is no cinematic viewer. The cutscenes in this game are heckin' fun.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
This reminds me of Wild Arms 4. I kinda liked that every time you load your file, it would play the anime opening like you were entering a new episode of the anime.

There was even a different OP if you had a save more than halfway through the game.

But yeah, I loved the anime intro. It was great.

I have a special place in my heart for games that have TV/anime style openings after intro gameplay.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I cringed listening to it but overall for a game this feature rich, lack of music player is a weird omission almost huh

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
Hahah, I personally couldn't wait for it to be over, even though I loved the unabashed cheesiness of it. But I'm happy to hear you loved it so, Neiteio :)

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I cringed listening to it but overall for a game this feature rich, lack of music player is a weird omission almost huh
Yeah, game is really content-complete otherwise, you got oodles of customization for everything (Legion colors, UI colors, etc), you got database descriptions and 3D model viewers, you got it all... except a cutscene viewer and music player. Hmm!

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
I love it, but the Era in general loath Anime.
although I do think the song vocal is a bit on the weaker side.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I just watched this for the first time and I think I'm gonna go pick up Astral Chain. OP is right, this is wonderful anime trash

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
The soundtrack is quite good, so it'd be nice if there was a "Sound Test" mode that could be unlocked at the end.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly In the age of YouTube stuff like this doesn't bother me much anymore if I wanna rewatch it I will just YouTube it.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i really like the opening and the song

Beverly and William from Intersection are native English speakers as well, in fact many if not most of their songs are in english only

So, I think they meant to make this in english for all audiences. Or if not, its not a broken english or anything

iag

Oct 27, 2017
I loved that on Twilight Princess, if you waited enough on title screen, it played the trailers from the game. They removed it from HD version, though.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I wonder if the artists were going for "wonderfully dumb" instead of "genuinely cool", lol.