• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, this is amazing on every single level. There so many tiny details the cut from the soldier cleanly pulling the trigger to them needing to stabilize the kickback on the gun as it just fucking dumps bullets, which is punctuated even more by the fact that everything preceding this are the soldiers just running forward unimpeded.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All this work and they missed the most important details.

Space marine die like flies when hit with lastgun.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gfEicSG.gif

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Well, this is just about the coolest 40k related anything I've seen in awhile. Episode 4 was some pure badassery. This is the closest I have seen any animation or movie come to fitting the image I have of space marines from reading codexes and whatnot as a kid.

Unrelated, but just finished Gears 5 today, and through the last half of the game I kept hoping the Coalition would just turn Gears 6 into a 40K game. (I did think Gears 5 was great)

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this on VFX Artist's React. Pretty amazing.

It's probably the best amateur cg thing I've seen since I was a kid messing with Amiga demos and I saw the first HAM animated demo. Hard to explain nowadays but it felt impossible. Dude had 4096 colors on screen simultaneously from hardware that theoretically could not display a fraction of.

This guy is only "amateur" in the sense of income. Reminds me of an amazing "video editor" we hired years ago - and I put that in quotes deliberately because it's like calling Hulk a weightlifting enthusiast.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It's probably the best amateur cg thing I've seen since I was a kid messing with Amiga demos and I saw the first HAM animated demo. Hard to explain nowadays but it felt impossible. Dude had 4096 colors on screen simultaneously from hardware that theoretically could not display a fraction of.

This guy is only "amateur" in the sense of income. Reminds me of an amazing "video editor" we hired years ago - and I put that in quotes deliberately because it's like calling Hulk a weightlifting enthusiast.
In my experience, people working on their own doing for no reason other than sheer inspiration and fun can work wonders.

My favorite video editor does 80s films to Lifelike music for kicks, and the man's a wunderkind.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played any of the games, but these videos piqued my interest. I heard the 40K Space Marine game was good. Maybe I should play it?

Don't expect a masterpiece but yeah, it sells the fantasy of being a Space Marine really damn good. I'm actually kind of sad the multiplayer is dead now because it is one of the few games that blend shooting and melee combat really well.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
I've known about these for a while, but never just actually took a look before now. That is some righteous 40K right there.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I saw the bump and thought it was a new episode, this situation fucking sucks.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Markiplier reached out to help because he's apparently a 40k fan, got him into actual contact with a real person at Youtube. Still taking forever.

Stream today was bogus.

Pretty amazing how easy it is to hack and squat on a channel.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's a new upload that confirms he's still hacked. Really sucks. Why go after some dude who just makes a great fan movie

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Why the fuck did they go after him? Ransoming his YT for money or something? Fuck those hackers. Hope the guy lands on his feet. Also fuck Google too, it shouldn't be this difficult to get your channel back.
Imagine this:
51088be48b9362211eb031932ff12bc2.jpg

But with some sweaty asshole in a room with access to some cheap tech to do forced hacking of people's account. Just to be an asshole.

Also, I'll second CenturionNami's remark, Arch Warhammer is a nazi alt-righter cunt who is toxic as fuck to the Warhammer community. Don't link his stuff.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Honestly shocked YouTube did litteraly nothing about this. It's always been bad but really? Absolutely nothing and even after being in contact with the guys official Twitter account?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly shocked YouTube did litteraly nothing about this. It's always been and but really? Absolutely nothing and even after being in contact with the guys official Twitter account?

'small' channel with few raw total views and number of videos. Probably got relegated to automated systems manned by nobody.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news.

And I was already super pumped for part 5, but this gif, goddamn.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
ETA on part 5? Been six months
None known yet.

He got a mocap set-up a few months ago which supposedly should help a bit in the animation process. Maybe episode will be a tad bit longer than previous ones.
1.gif

(Kung Fu Marines not included most likely).

Also posted a bit before that info on his Retributor Chapter.
1.jpg

But nothing yet on an ETA. Will just have to see.

Also, shame to hear about Valrak. Hope they learn soon that the Emperor himself was quite a bit of a SJW, literally in the warrior sense.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Throw money and help at that man. He clearly knows his WH shit. Looking forward to part 5. Don't know how many times i have already seen part 4.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
All the markings are great. I really like the kneecap number and squad info.

Jan 30, 2018
Emperor be praised! This guy's work is exceptional and really happy to hear that he got the channel back. I can only hope GW take notice and try to get this guy on board, with the Eisenhorn show in the works it wouldn't be that much of stretch to push for an animated feature with this level of quality.