• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
As in, do you see him going away peacefully?

Do you see him being dragged out kicking and screaming?

Do you think he will honor tradition and attend the inauguration of Joe Biden?

I personally think he will likely sling mud from November to January, probably try to push through a lot of scorched Earth bullshit executive orders, and then skip the inauguration and fade away from existence in shame, at least for a little while. I don't foresee him being dragged from the White House kicking and screaming, or refusing to leave.. that would stain his legacy as Donald Trump even further.

You can bet your ass he will call the election results invalid and claim massive fraud occured. I don't know that it would delay Biden assuming office in January.

I could be completely wrong, because the man doesn't seem to ever shut the fuck up about anything and he has zero humility as a human being. I do think that if he feels he's in legal jeopardy the moment he leaves office, he might go silent for a bit to keep the attention down. Who knows?

What do you think happens?

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
If he loses, he sure as fuck ain't going to give Biden a call to congratulate him lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think it's going to be relatively normal, except he'll give lip service to fraud on his way out and will be a sore loser.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every single thing Trump has done has been a constitutional crisis. I don't see his finale being any different.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ahhhh.....the pettiness in that final week will be amazing. I expect the disrespect levels will be bigly. I just hope Bidens inauguration numbers are larger.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Honestly, I don't think he'll have the balls to take any real action. Just lots of whining on Twitter.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
You pretty much nailed it. Slinging mud, complaining every day, burning the place down. He'll leave, but it'll be "I'm too good for this, and I was cheated out of it, and I only wanted to do 4 years, and it's the media's fault, etc." He can't ever make one argument, he always wants to have it every way possible.

Edit: I forgot that he'd do something illegal.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
He'll humbly accept that the American people have chosen another vision for the US, and congratulate Biden on his victory, and work closely with him after November 8th to ensure a speedy transition.

Lol, no, he'll bitch around until January 20th, refuse to do anything with Biden, and hinder the transition as best he can.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
the deep state won blah blah but we're the real winners here. don jr and admin faithful golden parachute out with contingent on whatever marginally legal business negotiations are transpiring at the moment

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
the twat will probably have the Trump news channel set up by then.
He won't go to the ceremony as the loser, so he will sit in a studio crying about it all.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he starts losing badly I just assume he takes Air Force One to Russia or North Korea.
If it's close he's going to be moaning and groaning about illegal voters

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
He may follow normal protocol on election night (calling Biden, giving a relatively subdued speech) similar to how there was a short window of relative calm and normalcy during the transition, with him politely speaking with Obama. Then the bitterness will kick in and he'll kick and scream all the way to January.

He also won't slink away after that. He'll keep tweeting, keep calling into Fox & Friends, possibly even keep holding rallies. Whining all the way.

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
My fantasy is envisioning him leaving in handcuffs... but practically speaking, I'll be satisfied with him being relegated to twitter tantrums

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
He'll probably pardon himself just in case it'd be upheld later. And he'll scream at every camera he can find 24/7 before and after having to leave. He might even skip acting as a leader during the lame duck period and go to Mar-A-Lago for the whole time and craping out EOs that'd personally benefit him and his cronies.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
His last week will probably be peak comedy. I personally can't wait to see this meltdown.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think he's going to talk a lot of shit and be a big baby about the whole thing but ultimately he'll leave.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting him to destroy and dismantle whatever he can before he has to step down. Fire more people, literally destroy stuff physically because he is worse than a child.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
If he does indeed lose, it's going to take quite a few days to come in as there will be a huge increase in mail-in ballots.
He'll begin by tweeting that he has heard rumblings about mail-in fraud (despite having mailed in himself) to charge up his base.
As it becomes evident he has lost, he will begin to blame Dems for stealing the election and calling for an investigation to take place in December and January 2021.
Meanwhile, under the cover of this explosive charge, McConnell and others will be trying to slam through as many judges in the last few days as possible.
Likely Kushner and co. will be inking deals on the way out, setting fire to bridges and generally grifting as much as possible before the day comes to leave.

I expect Biden and co. after Inauguration Day will spend much if not all of their first 100 days dealing with/tidying up Trump-induced bullshit.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I don't think he'll leave until forced to do so.

There isn't a chance in hell he attends Biden's inauguration. He won't honor someone else. Fuck tradition.

Instead, he'll hold a rally as counter-programming, demanding recounts and bitching about how the presidency was "stolen" from him.

Doesn't matter if he loses by 20 votes or 20 million votes, he'll still portray himself as the victim. And his followers will believe him.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He won't leave on his own. And I can't think of anyone of authority has gone on record to say what they'd do when he doesn't.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He'll demand a recount at first, then say there are illegals committing voter fraud and demand the FBI to look into it. He won't congratulate Biden and play golf from his Mar-A-Lago during his inauguration. His ego will never accept that he lost the election and that he was cheated.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
He sure as shit won't congratulate Biden. And be prepared for an interview on Fox and a tweetstorm of the century calling the election results a fraud and "the biggest political crime in the history of the United States". It's all so predictable and boring at this point

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
428b2fc96e23a5ebd9f61fd1082d2527.gif

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He'll likely delay the election first due to Covid and IF he does actually lose the vote he'll refuse the result and say it was rigged or that there was interference from another country to help Biden win, then him and the GOP will do anything that the can to remain in power.

Thats a big if though as I really dont think Biden will win anyway.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
He'll leave (eventually), albeit noisily and I fully expect him to bang the 'election was rigged' drum for as long as he possibly can.

I think the big risk is that in the midst of his inevitable public breakdown about losing the election, he'll incite his supporters to do something stupid.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
He'll leave (eventually), albeit noisily and I fully expect him to bang the 'election was rigged' drum for as long as he possibly can.

I think the big risk is that in the midst of his inevitable public breakdown about losing the election, he'll incite his supporters to do something stupid.

I don't think there's any way to prevent his cult from doing something horrible when he is inevitably out of the White House.

He could choke to death on his next hamberder and they would burn down the Clinton's home or shoot up a pizzeria.