• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

could a mod please make this a POLL?

• Male

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Female

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Animus chosen

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
does letting the animus choose REALLY matter? does it have story impacts that directly choosing a male/female doesn't present?

EDIT: Was meant to be a poll woops. can a mod turn into a poll? male/female/animus chosen

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I did let the Animus choose and am playing with female Eivor. The intro sequence also called her something like "kleine Kriegerin" (German for "little warrioress") before choosing in the Animus - indicating that the female version is canon.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Male for me. I like the beard and voice. Also I'm rocking the topless viking look.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did let the Animus choose and am playing with female Eivor. The intro sequence also called her something like "kleine Kriegerin" (German for "little warrioress") before choosing in the Animus - indicating that the female version is canon.
This plus eivor being a girls name make sense -- this is a very vague spoiler but so far on let animus choose
neither of those apply when ive played male[\spoiler]

drifter444

Mar 24, 2020
I selected female Eivor. Since I selected Alexios in Odyssey, I wanted to switch it up.

I also I love the idea of playing as a female goth Viking.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Went with Kassandra in Odyssey. But this time I think I'm going male Eivor. He's also hotter than Alexios.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To everyone saying female:

you can change it at any time and your first big chunk on animus choose will be female -- id recommend you play that way and see if you want to switch go female always *after* the first swap

To me the change makes a lot more sense than i expected

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Played as Kassandra in Odyssey for 250+ hours so I will play male Eivor most of the time in Valhalla.

the voice acting tho... none of them are as charming as Alexios and Kassandra or even Bayek so far 😢

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Letting the animus choose for the moment. Switched between the two for a couple scenes and definitely prefer the VO for female Eivor. Will see how much I have to play as male Eivor with the animus choice and may end up just playing as female but we'll see.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oi.. I dislike that the male/female version both have the same name (Eivor) it just takes me out of the moment, so to speak. thoughts?
Not an issue so far

This is a medium-big sized spoiler about 20 hours in but if youve watchded the trailers and deep dives its less so: Dont click if you want surprises
so far ive switched to male once and not back yet, so idk abt the whole game, but male has been in a vision of odin's life in asgard, and he's called Havi not Eivor

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Played both. Liked male better. Didnt like the voice acting and accent of the female character.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting from Forbes about male actor

Unlike Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, this time around the better of the two is clearly male Eivor. Magnus Bruun, who I first encountered in the The Last Kingdom on Netflix, is excellent in the part. It's honestly not even a contest. Female Eivor is just not great. She's too tough-sounding all the time, not nearly subtle enough. Bruun simply puts in a much better, more nuanced performance.