• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EW3KwSEX0AE8d2X

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
So just another term for cross buy?

e: everybody keeps replying to this and getting a lot of "well no actually technically it's different!" even though to the end user the result is essentially the same as cross buy so yeah

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
That's great! Hope the same will be coming to PS but I'm really happy that this is confirmed for Xbox gamers.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft is just the best when supporting new stuff. The best. Such good sports over there Yves.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
I'm still not sure what this whole smart delivery thing means. Just how different are the next-gen versions of these games that are on this program? If they are significantly enhanced, is MS paying for that privilege?

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I just assumed all 3rd party games would support Smart Delivery...guess I was wrong on that. Wishful thinking maybe.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Actually really important with the possibility of next gen consoles having limited supply or even being delayed, so great move.

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019
Now just ea to confirm and the pressure with Xbox making it available to all and easy to use pays off - remember they charged small fees for upgrade last time round... I really hope Sony follow

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This is such a mind blowing system seller feature, but I still have the feeling that like 80% of all people haven't even recognized this being a thing or still didn't understood what it does.
This deserves so much more hype, it's a game changer.

Specially if the One version comes out before the next gen release.

AndyMc1888

Jul 16, 2019
I'm still not sure what this whole smart delivery thing means. Just how different are the next-gen versions of these games that are on this program? If they are significantly enhanced, is MS paying for that privilege?
They are releasing two versions of the game - see black flag last gen instead of company's charging you for the two versions both versions are interchangeable you buy one you get both and will have the best available version on the console you have it's great

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
So just another term for cross buy?
I think the difference is there are no separate SKUs with Smart Delivery, it's one SKU for the entire Xbox ecosystem. Then your device will pull through the appropriate data. So you buy it once and that SKU will work on both gens of Xbox (and xCloud too perhaps?).

But, ultimately, yes lol.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
They are releasing two versions of the game - see black flag last gen instead of company's charging you for the two versions both versions are interchangeable you buy one you get both and will have the best available version on the console you have it's great
I understand that part, but what's the difference between the two versions is my question and who is paying for it? And if it's MS who is paying for it, then is it only exclusive to them?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Sony will follow suit but it's good to know they are supporting this! The transition into next gen is going to be so smooth.