• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Crystal Spire

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
Wait....hold up. Brian Tyler didn't even compose the main theme? What pieces did he even do then?
These are the tracks composed by Schacner in BF, they include the main theme. I suppose the rest are by Brian, Sarah was a ghost composer on that game unfortunately...

Here's one. At two minuntes in he plays two gameplay clips with some music. Says it's an "unfairly good score". Does sound damn good.

Trying to find the other one. Think it may have been ACG's preview.

Edit: Yep, found it at 14:30.

Thanks man! Will give them a watch now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crystal Spire

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
Another Track released by Sarah Schachner

Sounds amazing!
Looks like this might be a strong contender for Soundtrack of the year already.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Jesper is fantastic. It's amazing how much he's grown since Assassin's Creed II, but he's never lost his signature style.

He's one of the best in the industry.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Another Track released by Sarah Schachner

Sounds amazing!
Looks like this might be a strong contender for Soundtrack of the year already.

its a great track and Sarah is fantastic composer , but you can always tell how Kyd and a lot of other composers approach music for games . Kyd always goes for those deep omnious undertones and you can also hear that digitally enhanced sound and it always loops perfectly in his games .
Sarahs track i feel is a single thing for an important cutscene or event , or just as ingle area that you visit once for story purposes

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crystal Spire

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
Jesper is fantastic. It's amazing how much he's grown since Assassin's Creed II, but he's never lost his signature style.

He's one of the best in the industry.
He is god tier. You should listen to his Darksiders 2 score, some of the best music in the media as a whole.

its a great track and Sarah is fantastic composer , but you can always tell how Kyd and a lot of other composers approach music for games . Kyd always goes for those deep omnious undertones and you can also hear that digitally enhanced sound and it always loops perfectly in his games .
Sarahs track i feel is a single thing for an important cutscene or event , or just as ingle area that you visit once for story purposes

I actually completely agree. While the soundtrack of Origins was great, the ambient music was almost non existent even with the high music frequency option enabled, and the ambient tracks themselves are actually really short almost 30-50 seconds max! and most of them ended up not releasing, which is understandable of course. Which is why I think she will be composing cutscenes and maybe combat, and Kyd will do the rest.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
It's really invigorating to the brand to see him back. I played it for three hours and there are at least 4 songs that played during various fights. The music is part of the identity of Assassin's Creed.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Can't wait to play this one as budget Lagertha.

giphy.gif

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Kyd is fantastic but don't sleep on Sarah's work. The Origins music is among the best in the series.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For sure. I actually sat and listened to it the first time I booted the game up. I also was always a big fan of the music they played in the investigation areas.

oh maan, the investigation theme is the closest thing that reminded me of Kyd works from early AC games , its such a good piece

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, that one is great as well. Her Modern Warfare reboot work was also stellar. Especially around 3:20ish:

COD soundtracks are underrrated i feel. For me nothing topped MW 2 score , but the 2019 came close . Tho you can clearly hear it was inspired by music from sicario to an extent . Which is not a bad thing

OP
OP
Crystal Spire

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the underwater music from Origins, Sarah released them on Soundcloud.

Sarah is a great composer but I was recently listening to these

And man they remind me of how Jesper is in a league of his own.

Last edited:

PapaDev

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if it deserves its own thread, but this is magical:

collider.com

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Soundtrack Preview: Sarah Schachner's The Sceptred Isle

Listen to a preview of Sarah Schachner's score for the video game Assassin's Creed Valhalla with a track called The Sceptred Isle, part of a 7-track EP.

www.youtube.com

Sarah Schachner - The Sceptred Isle - Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Out Of The North

Download the album: https://smarturl.it/ACV-EP?IQid=youtube "The Sceptred Isle" by Sarah Schachner Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Out Of The NorthCourtesy...

OP
OP
Crystal Spire

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017

collider.com

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Soundtrack Preview: Sarah Schachner's The Sceptred Isle

Listen to a preview of Sarah Schachner's score for the video game Assassin's Creed Valhalla with a track called The Sceptred Isle, part of a 7-track EP.

www.youtube.com

Sarah Schachner - The Sceptred Isle - Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Out Of The North

Download the album: https://smarturl.it/ACV-EP?IQid=youtube "The Sceptred Isle" by Sarah Schachner Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Out Of The NorthCourtesy...
Yes I posted it above and updated the OP. It's really quite nice.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
He is god tier. You should listen to his Darksiders 2 score, some of the best music in the media as a whole.
It remains among his finest work IMO.

He really dug deep to pull that off. He took everything he learned from Hitman and AC and just brought it to a whole new level. Everything in that score works; it's just brilliant.

Of late, I think I've been most surprised by his Vermintide scores. He went in a completely unique and unexpected direction (and I can notice some of it underneath the bits we've heard of Valhalla so far).

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm excited for Kyd's return, but I'm stoked for Sarah's too. The Origins score is a masterpiece both in itself and as a study of Egyptian composition and ambiance.

If they compose a track together, I don't see how it could be anything but majestic.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Valhalla's soundtrack is probably my top reason in looking forward to the game. Even though the gameplay footage lowered my expectations a bit, I can't ignore the 🐐 Jesper Kyd coming back.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
This setting is the least interesting for me since AC3 but I'm still gonna cop because of Kyd.

OP
OP
Crystal Spire

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
Love the work from both Jesper and Sarah, but really hope we get some great Viking war music.

Been hyping out to this lately.

youtu.be

Danheim - Herja (Full Album 2018) - Viking War Songs

Herja is roughly translated to "wage war" and is one of the two new albums by Danheim (2018). Herja contains Viking War Songs and Epic Viking Battle Songs. I...

Check the 2:50 mark, I think it's similar to what you posted

It can't be a Jesper Kyd thread without a Global Trash 3 shootout

Holy shit this is fkin amazing!

Valhalla's soundtrack is probably my top reason in looking forward to the game. Even though the gameplay footage lowered my expectations a bit, I can't ignore the 🐐 Jesper Kyd coming back.
This setting is the least interesting for me since AC3 but I'm still gonna cop because of Kyd.

My interest for Valhalla increased 1000x knowing Jesper Kyd is coming back.

Xasthure

May 19, 2020
Sweden
Sounds amazing! You can clearly hear the results of the collaboration with Einar Selvik (from Wardruna) in the soundtrack sample. Also in the music played in the gameplay bits where they raid the burg, with the boss fight.

Last edited:

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I like most of AC games soundtracks:

Black Flag, Rogue, Syndicate, Origins are my favorites and they are of different composers

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

collider.com

www.youtube.com

Damn this is good. Can't want for an entire OST of Kyd and Schachner flexing on each other whew

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I like Sarah's track waaaay more than Jesper's, but they are both great.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018

Coincidentally I started Darksiders 2 last night not knowing the composer, and the music jumped out immediately and has made the world a pleasure to play in. The whole game has been a huge positive surprise though, it's basically a secret high fantasy action RPG with Soul Reaver puzzles and a Darksiders coat so far.

OP
OP
Crystal Spire

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, these composers are all trying to one up each other lol

I'm here for it.
Exacly my thought! The more the better for us.

Coincidentally I started Darksiders 2 last night not knowing the composer, and the music jumped out immediately and has made the world a pleasure to play in. The whole game has been a huge positive surprise though, it's basically a secret high fantasy action RPG with Soul Reaver puzzles and a Darksiders coat so far.

It's def my favourite score from him, and the best track isn't even in the game

Kyd talked about how he loves this track and had to put it in the soundtrack despite not being in the game.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The score brings everything to life. It's magical.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Too many people are sleeping on Olivier Deriviere's fantastic Freedom Cry score. It's my personal favorite AC score. Great game, too.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
On the subject of Kyd's brilliance, what has become known as "The Guardian Theme" remains my favourite boss music of all time.

That said, if you've have any inclination towards playing Darksiders 2, do not click the link, because the music kicking in organically is its own reward.

Last edited: