• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
ugh...the Beowulf quest showed up again after disappearing. I noticed at the end of a play session so I saved my game nearby where the quest starts so I could start it on my next session but when I went to go play again it disappeared.

Any idea how to trigger the Beowulf quest again?

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This Asgard dream line is so long.

I'm letting the Animus choose, and in 60 hours I've been female the whole time, except for a mission.
Yeah, female Eivor is canon. You only play as a male during the dream sequences.
ugh...the Beowulf quest showed up again after disappearing. I noticed at the end of a play session so I saved my game nearby where the quest starts so I could start it on my next session but when I went to go play again it disappeared.

Any idea how to trigger the Beowulf quest again?
That's odd. Are you using quick resume?

Check out whether you still have it installed in 'Manage Game' on the Dashboard. The quest should begin when you enter a church iirc.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, female Eivor is canon. You only play as a male during the dream sequences.

That's odd. Are you using quick resume?

Check out whether you still have it installed in 'Manage Game' on the Dashboard. The quest should begin when you enter a church iirc.

Not usually...however when I played this morning, I resumed from quick resume and the quest was back so I just went ahead and completed it before it disappeared again.

Jul 14, 2018
I'm a teacher on summer break for 6 more days. I played 60% of this game and my entire summer disappeared.

Pretty fun game though.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a teacher on summer break for 6 more days. I played 60% of this game and my entire summer disappeared.

Pretty fun game though.

The recent AC games are so easy to get lost in for me...not other game series sparks a sense of wonder for history like AC games do, especially the most recent trilogy. I'm currently playing Valhalla and going through The Last Kingdom on Netflix...it's cool to see both reference a lot of the same stuff.

I stopped playing the game 5 hours in back at launch because of these issues. I'm not even that sensitive to these sort of things but it was unbearable for me.

I'm used to it now but every once in a while an NPC sounds like they recorded their lines over a phone call or something and it really fucks with immersion.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Wrath of the Druids good compared to the main game?I have the season pass but i haven't played it yet

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
On sale on Xbox Live at 50% for the next 14 days (Gold Edition too but not the Season Pass).

How is the game as an entry point tontura series? I only played a little the original 360 game back on the day.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Really only 3 rivers to raid for Vagn? I though there would be more.

I guess it should be more of a tutorial for the regular map.
There's no incentive to play it as the 'exotic' resources looted can't be used on anything but the raiding hut and whatever Vagn has in his store. I'm just using it using it as a test-run for weapons.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing Valhalla and for some reason the in-game store won't load up even though it's fine with Origins and Odyssey.

I can't even do any of the merchant quests that open up in your town because the UBI servers aren't communicating with the game. I looked around and couldn't find a clear cut answer on what the issue is for CODE 0X7000015F, but it seems like it was or still is a big issue.

Anybody else have this issue on any platforms? I'm playing this on Series X.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the Paris DLC will be a little more fresh and exciting compared to Ireland, although it will most likely be more of the same and I'll lap it up regardless.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
The Sigrblot festival started and the missions are so bugged. So many of the NPC's are just floating or locked in T-Poses.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I guess I got lucky lol. Did all the quests and got all the "rewards" for the festival. Had no bugs besides one where one of the enemies was just bugged out and didn't attack.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Played through the festival. I thought it was a neat little event. I wish there were more challenge fights like the tournament where you're given specific weapons to fight/clear waves of enemies.

Let's go conquer France already.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried the mastery stuff after this patch? Did they improve things or are they still semi-broken and super frustrating?

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm finally wrapping up the main storyline. I've only got Hamtunscire along with Jotunheim to finish. I'm currently at 130 hours which is about where I platinumed all of Odyssey and it's season pass. As much as I love these games Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla all ending up being about 150 hour experiences is just too much for me I think.

I'd love to jump right into the DLC but I have a lot of other games on my backlog since this is the one I kept dipping my toes back into over the course of the year and I think I need a break from this world for a little bit.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I know from a reliable source that we'll see a DLC with
Kassandra
in it.
tenor.png

EDIT: So I did a little bit of digging around on Twitter. Seems that the Picts might get their own DLC at some point...

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
i just finished it.
With "good" ending and Orders eliminated

felt lost and underwhelmed. I was expecting ending credits to know it's over like Odyssey.

EDIT: I had to read the Kotaku "what an ending" article to make sense of it. including the animus video.

you know....that's not bad at all. Wish it was spelled out more or there's REAL REAL ENDING

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm finally wrapping up the main storyline. I've only got Hamtunscire along with Jotunheim to finish. I'm currently at 130 hours which is about where I platinumed all of Odyssey and it's season pass. As much as I love these games Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla all ending up being about 150 hour experiences is just too much for me I think.

I'd love to jump right into the DLC but I have a lot of other games on my backlog since this is the one I kept dipping my toes back into over the course of the year and I think I need a break from this world for a little bit.

You should definitely play through Ireland. It's not long at all and the enemy encounters are really really good. The "extra" boss is really fun too.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'll second the Ireland DLC

It is very much more of the same, but the area is nice, the story is solid, and there is some real neat armor to find

I liked it much more than any of the previous Ubi DLCS
I know from a reliable source that we'll see a DLC with
Kassandra
in it.
WHAT

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
You should definitely play through Ireland. It's not long at all and the enemy encounters are really really good. The "extra" boss is really fun too.

Being of Irish descent and always wanting to visit Ireland I'm very excited to eventually dive into it, I'm just happy that they went with a 2 year schedule for content on this game leaving me plenty of time to catch up before the next one drops.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Being of Irish descent and always wanting to visit Ireland I'm very excited to eventually dive into it, I'm just happy that they went with a 2 year schedule for content on this game leaving me plenty of time to catch up before the next one drops.
It's so legit that even the Irish Tourist Board has used Valhalla in their marketing...

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Bought this game as my 'this is gonna take years to finish, but will eventually get there' game. So yesterday I dived back in it with some story missions. The map is huge tho..

The DLC how do you trigger those? And is it mostly for people that finished the main story with level up and everything?

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Now that Basim is the MC does this finally give us reason to have a modern day Assassin's Creed? Desmond was barely an Assassin enough to carry a full blown modern day game but Basim knows all of the old ways and spent centuries learning even more in the Yggdrasil chamber