• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, there's some oddities, i got "locked" in an auto-save in the middle of a fight with a "roaming boss" (don't remember how they are called, the helmet icon on the map), i was in a friendly camp (tried to use the friendly as meat shields) and each i got killed and reloaded, i started with the amount of arrows i had when i died and each arrow reserve i used in the camp was still depleted after the reload. So after the 4th reload, i had no arrow left and no way of getting more. WIthout what i assume is a bug, i could have got her, but in the end, i had to flee.
I got the exact same bug lmao, I spent ages messing around trying to beat a roaming boss and then all of a sudden it auto saved me in the middle of the fight with no health pots or arrows.

Reektan

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else think when the sun goes down the HDR on Series X looks a little washed out? I've done all sorts of calibration settings but the SDR image just seems to look nicer to me. SDR left and HDR right. I think the SDR could do with one more notch of brightness as its a little crushed. The HDR looks a bit more "real" but is a little grey.

imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
How is the leveling in this game? I never played Odyssey but I remember several people saying that the game was more enjoyable with the paid XP boost. I'm wondering if that's the case in this one or if it's much better.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
How is the leveling in this game? I never played Odyssey but I remember several people saying that the game was more enjoyable with the paid XP boost. I'm wondering if that's the case in this one or if it's much better.
Seems pretty good so far I'm 13 hours in and level 40 but I could be higher I wasted a fair amount of time messing about. I'm not even sure if they offer a paid XP boost on this one.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
"he would plow you during raids?"

oh my...

it's different this time around, zones have a overall "power level", enemies don't level along with you anymore.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I can't believe that a company as profitable as Ubisoft can't afford to hire more people to deal with repeated bugs and the post-launch problem (their customer support, including the forum, is painfully slow).

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Quests aren't levelgated anymore, and enemies don't have levels anymore either. Areas are leveled though.

Your character still has a power level, but this is basically to steer you away from certain higher-leveled areas.

This makes following the questlines way more organic because you can just go with the flow instead of constantly micro-manage your XP level because too low a level would set you at a massive disadvantage.

It's a great improvement.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe that a company as profitable as Ubisoft can't afford to hire more people to deal with repeated bugs and the post-launch problem (their customer support, including the forum, is painfully slow).

Well few years ago they were talking how they started using AI for testing XD

news.ubisoft.com

How Ubisoft is Using AI to Make Its Games, and the Real World, Better

How Ubisoft is Using AI to Make Its Games, and the Real World, Better

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
No idea if this is good or bad. Care to elaborate?
Just that backing out of it causes strange things on the X. Like, the dynamic background chugging, and really moving anywhere is all of a sudden like moving through molasses. As if memory is completely clogged on the machine all of a sudden. No other game I've tested causes these weird things to happen.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I've encountered some silly bugs on Series X, but nothing major. Tearing during cutscenes is surely something they can fix I hope.

One thing they really need to sort though is the black level. Game's blacks look grey.

I am tempted to wait for a patch and start again as I rather rushed the opening section in Norway and went to England as soon as possible.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
I have had zero screen tearing, I'm so confused. And screen tearing is one of those things that drives me nuts, I always use vsync on PC because of it. I'm on a LG CX if that matters /shrug
I believe if your using variable refresh rate it will fix tearing

maybe try disabling VRR and see if you notice heh

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I found somewhere else talking about the issue I'm having and they have fixes...for PC. The CPU thing must be happening on the Series X as well, because my god everything is slowed down to a crawl outside the game as well.

www.caffeinatedgamer.com

How to Fix Can’t Select Character in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is out and fans all over the world are jumping on it as fast as possible. The game is beautifully made, but there can be some bugs and errors, as with any other game. There is

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't know if I like this game as much as Odyssey, or even Origins. Compared to those games, it feels like storytelling is less of an emphasis here (compare how World Events are handled in this game vs side quests in the others), so that puts a greater emphasis on gameplay, and yet I'm also finding like the gameplay is a step back from the other games as well? Both level design and combat seem like a downgrade here, and, despite the (much) larger amount of enemy variety in Valhalla, it seems like enemy AI in this seems a lot dumber? Idk I'm 15 hours in and power level 41, and it still feels like I'm just scratching the surface of this game, but what I've ever experienced so far has left me underwhelmed. And I think Odyssey is like the second best open world game of all time, right behind Breath of the Wild.

Anyone else feel this way?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Wonder if they will patch the tearing soon?

Ive decided to put this down for a month or so until I've played watch dogs and spider man.

The tearing and Amount of bugs is ruining my enjoyment sadly.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of companies are moving into this. It's the same as automated testing for regular development - it catches 90% of bugs, but the remaining 10% can really only be found with human interaction.

Looking at heir latest releases their bug seeking AI is on the same level as their NPC AI.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
So I don't know if I like this game as much as Odyssey, or even Origins. Compared to those games, it feels like storytelling is less of an emphasis here (compare how World Events are handled in this game vs side quests in the others), so that puts a greater emphasis on gameplay, and yet I'm also finding like the gameplay is a step back from the other games as well? Both level design and combat seem like a downgrade here, and, despite the (much) larger amount of enemy variety in Valhalla, it seems like enemy AI in this seems a lot dumber? Idk I'm 15 hours in and power level 41, and it still feels like I'm just scratching the surface of this game, but what I've ever experienced so far has left me underwhelmed. And I think Odyssey is like the second best open world game of all time, right behind Breath of the Wild.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm not as far in as you, but I'm honestly bored with it right now. Maybe I'm just tired of the new formula. I loved the shit out of Odyssey and Origins, and maybe it's because the last game I played was Ghost of Tsushima and that's setting my expectation level, but the game just feels uninspired. Traversal is boring beyond belief. I probably had more fun with the dice and drinking games than the combat so far. All of the newer games since Unity have had pretty uninspired stories, but I find myself especially checked out from this one right from the start.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
So I started playing the game on PC via Ubisoft+. Can I then continue my save data if I pick up the game on PS5 next week, or does Ubisoft Connect cross-progression only work between consoles?

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Yeah, pretty much done with the game after making one alliance, gonna sell it unfortunately. The combat is sooooo boring.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does the "You must be anonymous" message mean?

Wise Friend mission - I was helping Valka move into the new settlement in England, put her package down and this message keeps popping up and I can't progress?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What does the "You must be anonymous" message mean?

Wise Friend mission - I was helping Valka move into the new settlement in England, put her package down and this message keeps popping up and I can't progress?

It usually means you're in a combat or alert state.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Unless my memory is complete shit (it is), I don't remember any tearing in Odyssey. I was hoping the PS5 version would come through unscathed, but I guess not. It's worse than frame drops. I absolutely can't stand it.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Loving this game, it is so much more refined than both Origins and Odyssey they really did a great job. The scenery is also far more interesting and varied than both of those games, often looks stunning when up at the top of some hill looking across the kingdom, love it.

Sebsal

Jul 31, 2018
Adjust the graphics up the way? I'm not quite clear what you mean.
So according to the post of the forum, if you change your graphics settings from say, high to very high, and then do the quest again it works. At least some people have had success doing this.

Not sure what you're meant to do if already on Ultra. They have acknowledged the bug.

I was playing on Geforce Now so couldn't adjust the graphics settings, but when i loaded it on my laptop the mission worked

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
So I started playing the game on PC via Ubisoft+. Can I then continue my save data if I pick up the game on PS5 next week, or does Ubisoft Connect cross-progression only work between consoles?
The cross saves are wonky for me. It doesn't always seem to show up on the other platform when I switch between Series X and PC.

I believe making a manual save gives you the best shot at it working.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
HDR in England looks much better for whatever reason. Then again I'm just glad to be in England as AC (well, any game really) shines in environments with a lot of green and trees and whatnot.

also the first zone in England when you arrive is much bigger than the map would make you think O_o