• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My one complaint about the visuals in this game is HDR. Seems really dim/dull overall and not much for specular highlights. Anyone else experiencing this? Or have any tips for settings?

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Is there a fix for the screen tearing with this game on the Xbox series X? TV settings maybe? I'm not very technologically proficient so this is beyond me.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I think the only thing I don't like about the game so far is the skill tree... It's way too overwhelming and confusing.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Any word from Ubi on the screen tearing issue for Xbox? Just saw a mate of mine play it on his base PS4 and it looked clean, my one X is a tear fiesta.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
Is this a bug? I just arrived in England and can upgrade my shield to mythical with no cost .. lol

phM3CLd.png

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
My one complaint about the visuals in this game is HDR. Seems really dim/dull overall and not much for specular highlights. Anyone else experiencing this? Or have any tips for settings?

For me it was that they disable the brightness and contrast settings when HDR is on but they still have effect on the image. I had to disable HDR, adjust the brightness and contrast and then reenable HDR.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
This is probably a dumb question about achievements, but I guess it's a very minor spoiler?

How long does it take for the first achievement (The Saga Begins/finish the prologue) to pop? I've rescued my crew and made it to the first town, shouldn't it have popped by now?
No the prologue is much much longer than that.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
AC nub here, I'm managing to parkour my way up mountains, and then have no idea how to get back down.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I am not impressed with the graphics on PC. I have it set to Ultra on a 144 Gsync monitor is just looks muddy, not crisp at all. Running a Ryzen 3700x/RTX 2080.
I'm sorry to hear this. I thought it would look quite a bit better in PC. I'm gonna persevere with the game, but I don't know about this game.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
I'm about to the point where I can leave Norway. Is it worth sticking around to explore, or should I just book it?

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like the best Ass Creed since Black Flag, but I'm still early in the game. They trimmed some of the fat and it feels like a more focused experience overall.

I don't like the female voice so far so I will probably switch as soon as I can.

Ghil

Oct 27, 2017
So far I'm having a blast. I really like the story beats regarding
the assassins in the prologue, with the classic costume, cut fingers, hidden blade. I knew I missed it, but I didn't know I missed it that much.
The stealth is better, and that's a welcome change for me. The setting and characters are fun to explore. Overall, I'm pleased.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
The more I play the more my dissapointment with the world events becomes outright hate. I've just completed one where you literally pick up a crate with apples and you walk it to a nearby location while the person accompanying you talks about how nice it is to eat apples. You drop the crate at the destination and mission complete, that's it. No surprise of any kind, not even a pay off of some kind with the fucking apples (you can eat them from a barrel, but it's just an animation loop, there's no point in doing it).

There hasn't been a single world event worth my time, and I'm doing every single one I've come across. We have gone from questlines like the ones found in Kythera Island, Silver Islands, the Dagger questline or the Minotaur island questline from Odyssey, questlines with multiple characters with twists and turns, some with multiple resolutions or even multiple paths in rare occasions, to this nonsense.

I just don't understand. I will probably refrain from further comments about the side quests because I don't have much to add, but this last one broke me. I'm just so dissapointed in this game, and it fucking sucks, I liked Origins a fair deal and I kinda loved Odyssey. I didn't expect such a downgrade here, it has taken me by surprise.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like the best Ass Creed since Black Flag, but I'm still early in the game. They trimmed some of the fat and it feels like a more focused experience overall.

I don't like the female voice so far so I will probably switch as soon as I can.
You can any time, press up on inventory screen

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
The more I play the more my dissapointment with the world events becomes outright hate. I've just completed one where you literally pick up a crate with apples and you walk it to a nearby location while the person accompanying you talks about how nice it is to eat apples. You drop the crate at the destination and mission complete, that's it. No surprise of any kind, not even a pay off of some kind with the fucking apples (you can eat them from a barrel, but it's just an animation loop, there's no point in doing it).

There hasn't been a single world event worth my time, and I'm doing every single one I've come across. We have gone from questlines like the ones found in Kythera Island, Silver Islands, the Dagger questline or the Minotaur island questline from Odyssey, questlines with multiple characters with twists and turns, some with multiple resolutions or even multiple paths in rare occasions, to this nonsense.

I just don't understand. I will probably refrain from further comments about the side quests because I don't have much to add, but this last one broke me. I'm just so dissapointed in this game, and it fucking sucks, I liked Origins a fair deal and I kinda loved Odyssey. I didn't expect such a downgrade here, it has taken me by surprise.

I have already stopped doing them, basically.

CrashFaster

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get why this is so praised. I'm about 20 hours in, but it appears to be a boring long-winded mess. with lots of jank, clunky combat, bad progression....
Is this getting better at some point?

Glad I tried it on the Ubiplus thingy, I only wasted 15 bucks to try out Watchdogs: Legion and this 'game'.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap they brought back a ton of stuff from "Old AC" that was missing in the Origins and Odyssey games. This game really does feel like a hybrid of both styles.

Speaking of Odyssey, I did a fist pump when the
Order of the Ancients menu was revealed. The Cult stuff was my favorite part of Odyssey and I'm overjoyed to see it return here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so what are the white glowing dots in towns and whatnot? I went in a house that had one, I found 2 letters but Im not sure what to do.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I think the fire animates at 30 fps. Which makes it obvious that 60 fps wasn't ever a consideration while making the game which may explain the cutscene issues and tearing.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
So far for me, the positives outweigh the negatives.

It does feel a bit janky at times, but I've found the world interesting and the story pretty captivating so far.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Some of the comments here surprise me. Most of the reviews are very happy with the world events and the way the game is going.
Valhalla is apparently very polarizing. But let's remember that Black flag was literally hated when it was released.

ket

Jul 27, 2018

i liked the ac odyssey questlines too and these shorter sidequests are so fun that i wish they were more detailed than the ones in ac odyssey. however, im still having fun with them despite being so short.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the comments here surprise me. Most of the reviews are very happy with the world events and the way the game is going.
Valhalla is apparently very polarizing. But let's remember that Black flag was literally hated when it was released.

funny thing is, I was about to make a post praising the side quests / events / whatever they are called for being quite diverse and just little quick things you do out in the world (let's not forget people were shitting on the previous games for only having fetch quests), but yeah this page is already making me just go back to the game instead of talking about it here lol.

Don't get me wrong, anyone is free to shit on whatever they want if they don't like it of course, just like I'm free to not have the patience to counter argument shit talk and prefer to just go back to the game. To each it's own etc.