• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
This game runs smooooth on Series X, I knew it would be 60 FPS but damn is it nice playing a big open world game like this in 60 FPS on console.

Feels much smoother than on my pc where I tried it from Uplay+. Also, it seems it's cross platform saving? When I booted up the game I could continue the game from where I left off on pc. Was strange to see, only seen that on first party Microsoft titles.

darthshot

Oct 24, 2019
Hey any good comparisons between series X and a PC running ultra? (besides the obvious fps issue of course)

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
I've seen a lot of complaints about screen tearing so just for full disclosure, I'm using an LG CX which has VRR so I wouldn't notice it if it has tearing.
Yes thanks for the confirmation. I was just reading more about that. I do not yet have a VRR or 120Hz TV just bought a new TV last year so I didn't want to bust out again for another one.
probably will get one next year but hopefully they'll fix it for us without the VRR

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
So is there a canon character? Female or Male?

Seeing here that the Animus pick for you and it changes so maybe we should be playing as both?

I am having a harder time to decide because Male eivor is not as crappy as Deimos in Odyssey and he reminds me of Ragnar.

Any general thoughts on who is best and why>?

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Uh the game now crashed twice on me on Series X. It's the beginning of the game when you get the boat. As soon as I get close to my destination crash.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
So is there a canon character? Female or Male?

Seeing here that the Animus pick for you and it changes so maybe we should be playing as both?

I am having a harder time to decide because Male eivor is not as crappy as Deimos in Odyssey and he reminds me of Ragnar.

Any general thoughts on who is best and why>?

canon is animus pick which changes depending on the section of the game but honestly i find that just way too jarring

personally im all in on male Eivor, i like how soft spoken he is and i prefer his general design

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm literally moments past the intro but I had to come here to say that the music is INCREDIBLE.

This ambient music right now if blowing my mind.

Also that intro was wild, I loved that. Even with the poor audio, something is definitely wrong there.

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
This game runs smooooth on Series X, I knew it would be 60 FPS but damn is it nice playing a big open world game like this in 60 FPS on console.

Feels much smoother than on my pc where I tried it from Uplay+. Also, it seems it's cross platform saving? When I booted up the game I could continue the game from where I left off on pc. Was strange to see, only seen that on first party Microsoft titles.
For real? That's awesome if true.

I have been debating on getting this as my launch title for series x or getting it on pc. If it really cross saves them I'll just wait for a pc sale to try it on there later.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
Anyone managed to the base version of this on Xbox ? The only options I get are gold or ultimate 🤷🏼‍♀️

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Possibly spoilers - is the
giant wolf you can ride
that they show in the giantbomb quicklook actually a pre-order bonus, or is that just in the game?

If it isn't pre-order/DLC I'm 110% buying this because that thing was awesome.

Now the game is out, does anyone know the answer to this? Its probably not that big of a spoiler since it seemed fairly early game.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The intro was dope.

The moment I entered that hall I knew everyone there was going to die, and young Eivor was going to watch it happen.

Oddly, perhaps, I felt worst about the horse drowning. Poor guy. Maybe it's because I had to put my old dog down a couple of days ago. I'm a bit sensitive to friendly animals suffering atm.

Decent amount of UI options as well. Went with normal combat and stealth difficulty, but Pathfinder mode and disabled stuff like the compass, quest objectives and all that jazz. I'm fine with the occasional popups (such as for loot) as long, as they don't linger too long, and I do like extensive combat information.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I like the combat... it feels like it lacks weight that odyssey and origin had. animations seem odd too. too fast or something . Anyone else feel the same?

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
They need to patch in a dynamic UI stat. Why in the world do they only have on/off options for the map/compass .... jeez ubisoft.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Surprised they just let you hide all of your gear if you want to.

(Female Eivor could use some muscles, but maybe that's just me.)

Then again, nudity is apparently a thing in this game because I saw the option to turn it off in the menu.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if cross-progression includes achievement / trophy unlocks? If I play for a while on PC, then pick it back up on PS5 this weekend, will I retroactively unlock trophies for the things I've already done?

Jan 10, 2018
Anyone else having major issues with the Uplay+ subscription? It says the transaction went through but now my account is suspended and I can't play anything on the PC app. I'm a bit frustrated to say the least...

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm suffering from a really bad bug right now and I don't seem to be able to find anyone online with a similar issue.

I can't loot keys. So I find a guard/NPC with a white key symbol above their heads, kill them, loot their bodies - but I get nothing. No pop up in the UI on the right - nothing in my inventory. It's locking me out from progressing any further in some areas too.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an unlock for quick-switching weapon loadouts, or do you always have to go into inventory to change weapons?

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know how the Jomsviking stuff works -- can you only share with people on your console friends list or is it tied to a Ubisoft account? Just wondering since i have friends playing on different consoles.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
My XSX is set to 5.1 uncompressed and I've confirmed my audio system works well, but the dialogue is missing in this game. Looks like a major audio bug.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I'm suffering from a really bad bug right now and I don't seem to be able to find anyone online with a similar issue.

I can't loot keys. So I find a guard/NPC with a white key symbol above their heads, kill them, loot their bodies - but I get nothing. No pop up in the UI on the right - nothing in my inventory. It's locking me out from progressing any further in some areas too.

Are you far from unlocking the ability to auto loot when you kill someone? Might work as a workaround?

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I can't wait for my copy to arrive. Some additional gift cards and return $$ convinced me to change my preorder to Amazon at the last minute. But now I'm not even seeing an estimated delivery date or shipment notice.
At least the hype will drive me to actually finish Origins.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this game is coming in pretty hot with work still to do. Hopefully a patch emerges ahead of/alongside the PS5 drop. Too bad, I'm really excited for it.