• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so... I let the animus choose my character and IMMEDIATELY when the game started after that I felt disconnected. I said NOPE and chose my preference. I won't spoil. It am I alone here? It just made no damn sense

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Have you guys discovered how beast taming is in this compared to Odd?

Heard very little about it in this one.

Ghostmaster

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive so haven't started playing yet. Just want to ask, so the male and female character are supposed to be the same person? Not siblings like Odyssey's Alexios and Kassandra?
Yeah, they are the same person. The lore reason is that the dna sample isn't good enough/has some inconsistencies.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Holy SHIT the opening 10 minutes!!! What the fuck!!

I cant remember the last time an AC game actually pulled off a good narrative moment, holy shit

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Just need my code from Gamestop to be emailed. Already downloaded on Xbox.

Is there an ERA Discord server for the series? If so, could I get an invite?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Some pics:

0qCqhA.png
0qC9dD.png
0qCJP3.png

As someone who loves Photomode, this one doesn't have the best in terms of controls. Feels weird to navigate. Game looks gorgeous though.

Never really played the series, but I'm enjoying this one. Combat is OK but I assume will get better once I unlock more stuff.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Damn that save corruption thing with VPN. Ohh well goodbye 4-5 hours of play.

I wonder if has something to do with the date. Like maybe the game checks to make sure it's at least 11/10/20 and if it's not it just won't recognize the saves.

All in all I really like the game so far. There's major improvements all around big and small I imagine they'll really pay off in the long run. Loot is handled so much better, not having a thousand fucking things you can collect from is a huge plus. Chests seem much more limited in general as well. Combat feels much improved. More weighty and the animations feel more connected and grounded unlike Odyssey which could just get bananas unreal. That said Eivor is a fucking beast and even on the second hardest difficulty it's pretty easy to just plow through dozens of enemies without much issue.

I wish the game had better UI options. Like I don't want to see all that crap 24/7 but at the same time the game, just like Odyssey before it, is in no way designed around not being able to see stuff like your health/stamina and what not. I wish there were better auto hide and contextual settings.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if has something to do with the date. Like maybe the game checks to make sure it's at least 11/10/20 and if it's not it just won't recognize the saves.

My guess is it's the new cross-save thing. It's probably designed to require an internet connection. Needs a fix.

If I stay connected to my VPN while playing, will the save corruption bug still happen?

Can't really say for sure. If you want to test it, play a little bit past the intro, quit the game, and then see if your save is still there.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
So what is everyone's preferred voice acting, male or female Eivor?
Male. But I watched too much Vikings. You can tell they cast a similar sounding voice actor and modelled the male character to closely resemble Travis Fimmel.

vikings-travis-fimmel-ragnar-1339604.jpg

There is no guarantee that it is a "VPN bug." The people playing at the moment are more than likely to have used a VPN so seeing it with these corrupted files doesn't tell us much.
[/QUOTE

I had a data corrupt file on console after playing on PC using a VPN. Turned off the console and rebooted it up on PC and made sure to manually load the most recent save file. Loaded in-game the did two manual saves. Making sure to wait for the AC Vikings throbber to stop spinning in the corner. Turned off the PC game and waited like 10 mins. Booted up my console and the most recent save was there.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no guarantee that it is a "VPN bug." The people playing at the moment are more than likely to have used a VPN so seeing it with these corrupted files doesn't tell us much.

How so? People who stay online/on VPN seem to have no issues. This bug is most likely related to playing the game in offline mode.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
How's the ambient music in this one?

Curious as I feel like it's been too sparse in recent titles

Miss the implementation in the Ezio trilogy
Male. But I watched too much Vikings. You can tell they cast a similar sounding voice actor and modelled the male character to closely resemble Travis Fimmel.

vikings-travis-fimmel-ragnar-1339604.jpg
His voice isn't that different from how he played Cnut. Eivor's male VO is played by the guy who play Cnut in The Last Kingdom. Design wise I agree, who looks a lot like Ragnar.

1fd346bf8c4d9ad3d592763ba96cf94b.jpg

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
This game has cross save between PC and console. I booted it up on my Series X and it just resumed from where I was on PC. Didn't even have to do anything.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Great opening, like it so far (just rescued my men). My only complain I have is that I have a really hard time differentiate between enemies and my allies in combat. I often tried to hit friendlies.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
From the 10 minutes I played gameplay is holding 60fps, I haven't gotten back to the big town yet though. The cutscenes stutter frequently, I don't get it. Feels like something a patch would fix. Series X is missing the FoV slider still that PC has.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Wasnt feeling female evior's VO for the first gameplay part, but it almost immediatly gets better which is a relief. She looks so badass with a buzz cut and face tattoos, love it

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The opening story follows the boy but as soon as you are on the boat cinematic you're a girl with the same name. Just a weird disconnect

Well, there is an explanation but it's spoilery. It's justified, though I get that it's jarring, I ended up going for Female Eivor just to be consistent, though I like the choice because whenever I find Thor's Hammer (and I don't know if there is such a thing, but if there isn't why did they even make it?) I'll swap to male Eivor for a bit