• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smidig

Nov 13, 2017
From the game.
Yeah, they're both canon in Layla's simulation because Isu shenanigans, but the historical Eivor was a woman. The male appearance is an animus abstraction of a further spoilery thing.
How far into the game is this revealed? :s I haven't caught anything like that in my 3~ hours. Did I miss something?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I was watching a streamer yesterday,he was playing on the hardest difficulty,he was level 39 and he attempted to kill a level 90 Mini Boss...took him about 35 minutes of dying numerous times,switching gear to try again and again and finally got him...I usually always start games on normal but I might try one step higher for this one...you can probably bring it back down to normal if it gets too hard.

Grabbing a copy of this tomorrow with my XSX along with pre orders on Cyberpunk and Immortals...I have to resist getting Yakuza LaD for now lol.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching a streamer yesterday,he was playing on the hardest difficulty,he was level 39 and he attempted to kill a level 90 Mini Boss...took him about 35 minutes of dying numerous times,switching gear to try again and again and finally got him...I usually always start games on normal but I might try one step higher for this one...you can probably bring it back down to normal if it gets too hard.

It's a fine line with this game between wanting the individual encounters to be challenging and wanting them to be over with, given how many you will be doing over the course of 60 hours.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Did anyone else get a copy of this from AMD Rewards? I can't seem to get the site to work. After logging in, I go to "My Rewards" and it just gets stuck there for eternity. Any tips/tricks to getting this thing to work?

Edit: Guess you just need mad crazy patience. It probably took close to 10 minutes to load.

Last edited:

Smidig

Nov 13, 2017
oh no! this is late game and with some inferences .. hence the big spoils, should have clarified i'm so sorry
No worries, I don't mind spoilers, otherwise I wouldn't click them. Just figured that no one would be "late game" yet! Hope you enjoyed the game so far!

Game just released here too, by the way, and my saves also work : )

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man. For whatever reason I made a manual save earlier (did early vpn unlock) before I went to bed. Lucky me because the autosaves were all corrupted and shit. Manual save worked fine.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
I heard you can play the game if you subscribe to Ubisoft Plus. Looks like it's $14.99 to subscribe, but I heard you can do it for $7. Where can you do that?

Crowboy

Oct 25, 2017
I know some people were having issues with the game not appearing in their Ubisoft Connect library but has anybody had issues not being able to purchase the game at all? Keeps declining my cards, tried 3 of them and tried multiple times throughout the day. I've made other purchases today with the cards so it's not an issue with them. Tried purchasing through their website and through the client

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well, I'm going to sleep. 10 hours after buying the game it's still not showing up in my library, so much for playing the game early. This is why people rather not deal with all these subpar launchers.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
Game seems ok.

Just got to England, and did a couple missions there.

I like the characters for now, landscapes are quite beautiful, I am not getting overload with quests, which is a good thing imo. Combat is decent, kind of fun to rush enemies with a bunch on npc allies.

I am not sure, but I may be getting into an AssCreed again, I like Origins because the world was incredibly beautiful, but the RPG systems and the repetitive structure of the story was kind of dreadful. Tried Odyssey but I got overwhelmed with the vast world and thought it looked worse than Origins.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Game seems ok.

Just got to England, and did a couple missions there.

I like the characters for now, landscapes are quite beautiful, I am not getting overload with quests, which is a good thing imo. Combat is decent, kind of fun to rush enemies with a bunch on npc allies.

I am not sure, but I may be getting into an AssCreed again, I like Origins because the world was incredibly beautiful, but the RPG systems and the repetitive structure of the story was kind of dreadful. Tried Odyssey but I got overwhelmed with the vast world and thought it looked worse than Origins.

It's not really possible to get overloaded with quests. You can get multiple quests for sure, but so far, five hours in, they are ALL related to the main game. The "sidequests" you get out in the wild and seemingly can complete in the general area (which makes a ton of sense).

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game still have the option for an Alternate Control scheme preset? That's how I played Origins and Odyssey for 200 hours a piece, please tell me that's integrated or at least the option to remap?

Smidig

Nov 13, 2017
Does anyone know if there are more hairstyles in the game than what you can access the first time you get to a barber?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
The soundtrack for this game is just pure bliss. Love it.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
8 hours played today - saved and taking a sleep break. Back at it tomorrow. The game is far more dense than I thought it was going to be... maybe even more so than Odyssey. Valhalla just presents the content in a much more approachable way imo.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So I've bought this game about 8 hours ago and it still has not appeared in my owned games list, how the hell is this acceptable?

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Regarding PC version:

Am I correct that it you buy it from Ubisoft it unlocks at midnight eastern tonight, but if you buy off Epic store it unlocks later?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
So yea..... this is really good. Even the dumb mini games are fun. I like how the rap battle one is actually how you increase your charisma to unlock extra dialogue options.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I've bought this game about 8 hours ago and it still has not appeared in my owned games list, how the hell is this acceptable?
Never seen that happen with a Uplay game before. They must be having some crazy traffic or a specific issue for this title. It sucks but hang in there.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Anyone got the pre-order mission send via e-mail already? When I activated the ubisoft code today I just got the mail back that it's coming on release. Well.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, what swag can you get for free from Ubi? Outfits, the standard stuff?

And any details on the Beowulf mission? Is it worth being in the season pass. Or is it trash.
It's really slim this time around which is surprising, one bow, one horse skin, one eagle skin, one tattoo pattern. There is also a bayak outfit which you apparently can only unlock if you watched the twitch reveal stream and an axe that only unlocks if (lol) you have attended a ubisoft event this year.

Fun fact I attended an ubisoft event the year Odyssey came out, the reps scanned my code to unlock the items in game. Never worked. Only got them a year later when Ubi unlocked them for everyone. Will be the case here as well I'm sure.

Caligula13

Oct 29, 2017
I bought it on Stadia and played it instantly...
But I am sure the Stadia version Is some shit port

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
8 hours played today - saved and taking a sleep break. Back at it tomorrow. The game is far more dense than I thought it was going to be... maybe even more so than Odyssey. Valhalla just presents the content in a much more approachable way imo.

Are you out of Norway yet? Wondering how long itll take for an obsessive compulsive completionist like me to get through it

Oct 28, 2019
This game is such a marked improvement over both Origins and Odyssey. A beautiful, worthy end to this generations RPG series. That said, let's hope the next entry again changes up the formula and brings together old and new fans.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the combat was better. That's the one thing here I feel needs considerable work. What they currently have isn't bad, it's serviceable? Coming from Tsushima this year to Valhalla is a real bummer. Feels kinda passive and by the numbers here. I still feel like old AC is more engaging than what they've done with these new entries. I know those sentences together are odd at best but it's how I feel lol.