• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
This new side mission / world event stuff is great. To give you an idea: I found a watchtower captain yelling about some dude and how he would always go missing and it is time to brand him as a deserter. Eivor says I'll look for in the mountains. I go look for him in the mountains. I go and find his ass sleeping, wake him up, he sleepwalks and talks to himself. Uses a zipline while sleeping and finally wakes up midway through the air. One thing I like about this thing is that there are no markers, no side quest added stuff, it is all organic.

Odyssey's side quests became too tiring and formulaic after a while. Go to a new region, find all the question marks, talk to a quest giver, go do the quest, and come back. Repetitive and none of the side quests were original. This way it adds a sense of exploration and I think it gives the devs a chance to be creative.

mediumdave

Oct 27, 2017
So the default where the game picks male or female for you "based on who is stronger," is it just set times during the story, the game has a preferred protagonist?

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
Holy fucking shit, I cannot praise the soundtrack enough. It simply obliterates the previous two games in terms of the music quality. You immediately hear it's Jesper, his style just shines through. I had literal goosebumps during the first raid, with all the vocals and the chanting in the background. The man is simply a wizard. His work with McCann was already amazing in Borderlands 3 but this is something else.

Also glad to see Sarah back. Granted, Origins was meh for me musically but both Anthem and MW2019 were great.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the heads up on release times for the game. Cancelled me epic pre order and will pre order through UBI so I can play Tuesday night after work.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
What time will it activate on Ubisoft connect in UK ?

Two weeks ago when Watch Dog Legion came out it activated at 10pm the night before official release. Always wondered if it was a mistake or due to european timing or something.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Possibly spoilers - is the
giant wolf you can ride
that they show in the giantbomb quicklook actually a pre-order bonus, or is that just in the game?

If it isn't pre-order/DLC I'm 110% buying this because that thing was awesome.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Wow, Ubisoft really are cowards. Again.

Once more the Female option is canon, but all marketing uses is the male version. Fuck Ubisoft, man.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So is the "next-gen upgrade" available day one? The PS4/XBO copies are cheaper, so it seems like the smarter buy. Just need that confirmation from anyone that knows for certain.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
So this is perfect, really. I liked that you could remove the markers and compass and everything in Odyssey, but whenever you marked something you could still see it through the ground and building and everything. Now when you mark stuff it just leaves a hovering icon over the location, so you still have to have a vantage point on the mark to see it. You can see it here next to the longhouse.

124181133_812711252858547_846055944705406844_n.png

Quest targets stay marked though right? So many options.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Initial impressions and everything but the combat is looking like a big step in the right direction. I have all difficulties to max, and you get hit really hard. It also has the new HP management system and stamina system for fighting. The regular guys have a lot of health but it looks like the bow has a new exploit system or whatever you want to call it. When you aim, certain spots on the enemy glow and if you hit it you get big damage and they get stunned so you can run up and get a big hit on them.

I thought that was a visual bug lol.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I am anxious for those YouTube comparison videos. I want to know how the consoles perform with this game. Should I purchase Valhalla on next-gen or my PC, etc.

I wonder how long we wait for Digital Foundry and others...
I want a locked 60fps.

Smidig

Nov 13, 2017
Wow, Ubisoft really are cowards. Again.

Once more the Female option is canon, but all marketing uses is the male version. Fuck Ubisoft, man.
This is pretty much the exact opposite of what Ubisoft has been saying since the game was shown off the first time. Where are you getting this from?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there something like the secret society assassinations from Odysessy? I really like that story line

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I was so burned by Legion (like, hated Legion) but here I am feeling like a fool going damn this looks alright. I'm tempted

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm bummed out my Series X won't get here til Thursday. Wanted to play this tomorrow but guess I'm waiting.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Kassandra and thought Alexis was too forced in Odyssey. Here it seems like it's flipped. The female protagonist gives me Shadow the Edge vibes. I'm sticking with dude Eivor going forward since he seems much more natural.

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Do you play as the default Eivor or only male?I was leaning towards male but i saw some streams and female sounds much better than some videos i saw.
I will choose female for 2 reasons. One is that Eivor is a female name, I've never heard it used as a male name, and lastly because in Odyssey, Kassandra was vastly better than the male character.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
How are the gamplay and graphics, compared to Origins?

Game looks good, runs better than Odyssey at launch (though I now have a 3080), but not -that- different from the last one, gameplay seems similar enough, though you can die easier since Health doesn't regenerate, you need to get the parry time down, but it is generous. There's a "sidequest" battle thing really early on which killed me like 3-4 times before I was able to get him

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks good, runs better than Odyssey at launch (though I now have a 3080), but not -that- different from the last one, gameplay seems similar enough, though you can die easier since Health doesn't regenerate, you need to get the parry time down, but it is generous. There's a "sidequest" battle thing really early on which killed me like 3-4 times before I was able to get him

Thank you.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
This is pretty much the exact opposite of what Ubisoft has been saying since the game was shown off the first time. Where are you getting this from?
From the game.
Yeah, they're both canon in Layla's simulation because Isu shenanigans, but the historical Eivor was a woman. The male appearance is an animus abstraction of a further spoilery thing.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, I need to make one more complain about architecture that bears virtually no consequence to the game's quality.

But I was seeing a video of London and I am really disappointed with the direction they took. Instead of trying to recreate a plausiable look to what the city might have looked at the time, they basically create a mini-Rome, ruined version. Indeed, one of the monuments is clearly the Porta Nigra:

Trier_Porta_Nigra_BW_1.JPG

Which is from Tier. London was a big city for the time, but nothing like what the ruins make it looks like.

Its bridge looked probably sothing like this:

roman-london-sites-museum-of-london.jpg

And in the game it looks more like this:

1280px-El_puente_de_Alc%C3%A1ntara%2C_C%C3%A1ceres.jpg

Which this time is from Spain.

It feels like they just wanted to put together a lot of things that would make people think of Roman buildings, which is very similar to the approach they had in Origins.

Anyway, as I mentioned, this is a very personal feeling and I don't want to say it's a problem with the game, just that I'd prefer a different take.