• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm not very far into the game, maybe 2 hours or so. I keep getting distracted by the world, its just so fun and rewarding to explore. I found a boss/mini-boss in a cave near the start of the game (which reminded me of how Jedi: Fallen Order had a similar tough enemy hidden away early on). I've also found little nooks and crannies with loot and gear in - its great. Also this dice rolling game is addictive, holy shit!

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So I paid for the game according to my bank but it's not showing up as being purchased in the Ubisoft+ app.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I am envious of you folks playing this on 3080's or 3090's. Game looks fucking magical at 4K/30FPS (AMD 5700, i-5 8400). Hopefully ALEX over at Digital Foundry comes out with a good guide for PC settings soon, but I'm honestly fine with how the game and combat handles at 30FPS with this level of graphical fidelity.

So I paid for the game according to my bank but it's not showing up as being purchased in the Ubisoft+ app.

Known issue. Their servers are getting slammed apparently.

Oct 28, 2019
Does anyone else not have Achievements for Valhalla in Ubisoft Connect?

And there is a special outfit in the Connect rewards as a reward for having watched the Twitch reveal, did that unlock for anyone yet?

Buzzbrad

Oct 27, 2017
Should I avoid buying the game on uPlay currently due to the processing issues? I can look at buying it on other stores for PC.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
awesome game so far. turned off compass and went messin about. there is soul and humor here in chars and game design. decent combat , liking the gore and silly moments that happen with people flying about from ragdoll. graphics and music are top notch

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Should I avoid buying the game on uPlay currently due to the processing issues? I can look at buying it on other stores for PC.

As far as I know, it's not available on any other stores, which i what makes this especially so bad. This is their official response btw:

"We are aware of delays in processing some orders on the Ubisoft Store. It may take up to 24 hours for your content or game to appear on your account.

If you are still missing your content after this amount of time,
please let us know
, and we'd be happy to investigate further! Please check this thread for further updates."

I paid for the game and I may have to wait 24 hours before it shows up in my tray? Then there are loads of people experiencing game breaking bugs who can actually play it, this is an absolute failure and they deserve heavy criticism for this.

Buzzbrad

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I know, it's not available on any other stores, which i what makes this especially so bad. This is their official response btw:

"We are aware of delays in processing some orders on the Ubisoft Store. It may take up to 24 hours for your content or game to appear on your account.

If you are still missing your content after this amount of time,
please let us know
, and we'd be happy to investigate further! Please check this thread for further updates."

I paid for the game and I may have to wait 24 hours before it shows up in my tray? Then there are loads of people experiencing game breaking bugs who can actually play it, this is an absolute failure and they deserve heavy criticism for this.

The only other store I see it on is Epic Games Store, but that also goes through uPlay which makes me think it will have the same issue.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Want

EmZaI6OW8AA6D6T

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Knowing how much I enjoyed Odyssey/Origins I will probably wait for Christmas and just immerse myself for a good month. I played like 70 hours of Odyssey in a month. Using Ubisoft+ for it of course lol

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
One tip is give people is do as much as you can in Norway.

I went to England decided fuck it I'll come back to Norway to finish up and realised I missed so much.

It's worth it.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I played a little of it before I went to work. I already know this is going to last me as long as Odyssey. Which means forever because I am still playing that too.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This game looks so good. I didn't expect this fidelity honestly. This is the first game I can truly say is showing off the 3090 I think.
I am such a sucked for assassin's creed games. I adored both odyssey and origins. 100% both.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
70 hours? Nice! I'm so glad I get my money's worth out of these games. So many games these days are 5-10 hours and are $60, now $70.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Knowing how much I enjoyed Odyssey/Origins I will probably wait for Christmas and just immerse myself for a good month. I played like 70 hours of Odyssey in a month. Using Ubisoft+ for it of course lol
This is my big issue! I love AC games, and the only one in recent memory I didnt finish was Odyssey (burned myself out early doing like 50 hours of quests and then just could not bring myself to finish the last 25% of the story) but they are SO, SO long and I want to immerse myself in it. There are so many other games coming out this month I had to make a difficult decision to just put this off until mid-December (it will probably be on sale then anyways) and play it hopefully before I get sucked into Cyberpunk. The next month is going to be a flurry of games!

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Wow really? How long was the campaign in Odyssey
If that's true, it will just solidify my decision made after burning out horribly on sidequests in Odyssey to only play 1. main story missions, and 2. mythic/tales/special boss side missions. I am never again getting sucked into hitting every question mark on the map, doing the very very bad dailies, and doing every optional copy and paste quest. It absolutely killed Odyssey for me, and I still have yet to see the ending of that game bc of it.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is my big issue! I love AC games, and the only one in recent memory I didnt finish was Odyssey (burned myself out early doing like 50 hours of quests and then just could not bring myself to finish the last 25% of the story) but they are SO, SO long and I want to immerse myself in it. There are so many other games coming out this month I had to make a difficult decision to just put this off until mid-December (it will probably be on sale then anyways) and play it hopefully before I get sucked into Cyberpunk. The next month is going to be a flurry of games!
I did back to back Origins and Odyssey so I guess I can do that for Valhalla lol! No other games coming out except maybe for Cyberpunk and Age of Calamity, so no issues with me

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Same issue for me and a ton of other people it seems.

Wait, this might explain why my Standard Edition "updated automatically". Maybe it didn't update at all and it's just that my standard edition hasn't popped up in my library yet.

I may wait until tomorrow to see if it shows up before I play a lot further so I can avoid my save files getting screwed up later on.

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
Hi, I've been playing this game one a One X for the last hour (console set to new zeland) and the frame rate is super low, 20 fps if lucky, but never 30.
Were other assassin creed games this bad on one X (origin and odissey)?

Rykane

Prophet of Truth
Nov 22, 2019
Anyone else getting stutters every 2 seconds? I was watching Lirik play 2 days ago and he was getting something similar.

Oct 12, 2020
Yeah....I've now seen enough that I'll be getting this and if all goes according to plan be playing it on my XSX/LG CX combo tomorrow.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
If that's true, it will just solidify my decision made after burning out horribly on sidequests in Odyssey to only play 1. main story missions, and 2. mythic/tales/special boss side missions. I am never again getting sucked into hitting every question mark on the map, doing the very very bad dailies, and doing every optional copy and paste quest. It absolutely killed Odyssey for me, and I still have yet to see the ending of that game bc of it.

So far. . .there aren't really any sidequests. I believe this was something ACG mentioned in their review as well. The only thing that has been highlighted on the map so far are the three collectibles for each area: Wealth, Mysteries and Artifacts. I guess Mysteries are more the side quests as you don't have to do them.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Odyssey really burned me out.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I will never understand why people insist on doing stuff in games that aren't enjoyable to them. There were a few other threads of people saying doing everything in Odyssey made them not like the game and I am just sitting over here with 40% of the map unexplored and like 200 ? marks left just asking why are you doing it lol.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Subbed to Ubiplus. I'm excited, I like Odyssey quite a bit

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Ok, valhalla bought digitally for XsX, XsX coming tomorrow, DeS and pulse 3d on thursday, and scalper edition PS5 SE on next week. For a measly 1300€ I am served until april!

My SO is gonna kill me 😰

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
So far. . .there aren't really any sidequests. I believe this was something ACG mentioned in their review as well. The only thing that has been highlighted on the map so far are the three collectibles for each area: Wealth, Mysteries and Artifacts. I guess Mysteries are more the side quests as you don't have to do them.
That is fantastic! At this point I have literally written/mapped out my games to play list for all the new console/Holiday season rush games so I can't really move AC:V up in the list, but this definitely makes me more excited to play it.