• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm gonna drop this here too in case someone knows something. I can't find any helpful information anywhere and Ubisoft support will probably take a while to reply to me.
You will get access to the extra stuff while your Ubisoft+ Sub is active and then when it runs out, it gets deactivated. It won't mess up your save, but I do think you'll just lose access to some stuff and no longer has access to season pass content. The rest of the game you paid for will still be there, including all your weapons and gear you've got from playing the game. Because you're a Ubisoft+ Sub your account has those extra things attached to it but they will go away when you unsub. I don't think you'll lose access to your save but that's just my guess at this point. Hope you get an answer from support.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
This game is even more Witcher 3 inspired than the previous ones.

Evior meditates.

Armor and weapons can be upgraded at a blacksmith and the visual look is changed with each upgrade. For example, similar to the different animal themed witcher armor. Armor and weapons can also be further tweaked with runes that boost stats.

I also like how they seperated the abilities from the skills tree.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nothing in particular really. All it took was watching him play and saying it was like the previous two games. I'm weak.
Mmm, i really enjoyed origins and odyssey, but a lot had to be becuase of the theme of both and the architecture, I dont know if i would njoy this as much, even if the gameplay feels the same.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
You will get access to the extra stuff while your Ubisoft+ Sub is active and then when it runs out, it gets deactivated. It won't mess up your save, but I do think you'll just lose access to some stuff and no longer has access to season pass content. The rest of the game you paid for will still be there, including all your weapons and gear you've got from playing the game. Because you're a Ubisoft+ Sub your account has those extra things attached to it but they will go away when you unsub. I don't think you'll lose access to your save but that's just my guess at this point. Hope you get an answer from support.

I hope this is the case, but I've read it can break your save file in some instances. I assume it only happens if you load a save file while you're using something you shouldn't have access to or you're in an area you shouldn't be able to be in, but who knows.

OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I hope this is the case, but I've read it can break your save file in some instances. I assume it only happens if you load a save file while you're using something you shouldn't have access to or you're in an area you shouldn't be able to be in, but who knows.
I guess that makes sense. Don't use the Ultimate Edition weapons/gear and I'm sure you'll be fine - even dismantle/sell them so they're not in your inventory just to be safe.

bitunoriginal

Oct 27, 2017
Was lucky enough to receive this 3 days early. Controls are so convoluted and a real pain to change in the menu due to various conflicts. I kinda hate the tiny delay you feel when pressing a shoulder button and actually swinging my sweapon. Anyone got any recommendations for mapping attack buttons away from R1 and R2 on the PS4?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
How does the level scaling work in this one? Because I fucking hate level scaling. At level 50, I shouldn't be having to do half a billion points of damage to kill a wolf from the starting area.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
How does the level scaling work in this one? Because I fucking hate level scaling. At level 50, I shouldn't be having to do half a billion points of damage to kill a wolf from the starting area.

There are no levels this time around. You have a "power level" that probably has a limit and each area has a recommended power level attached to it, so there should be no scaling at all.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017

Evior meditates.

Armor and weapons can be upgraded at a blacksmith and the visual look is changed with each upgrade. For example, similar to the different animal themed witcher armor. Armor and weapons can also be further tweaked with runes that boost stats.

Omg that's great. I loved that in Witcher 3.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
There are no levels this time around. You have a "power level" that probably has a limit and each area has a recommended power level attached to it, so there should be no scaling at all.
Oh god, please don't tell me this is like Dragon Age Inquisition where each area had a level range but you became overpowered so fast that it trivialised most of the game.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Oh god, please don't tell me this is like Dragon Age Inquisition where each area had a level range but you became overpowered so fast that it trivialised most of the game.

We don't know that yet. I don't think I even know how to increase that power level. It may be through weapon upgrades or something?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
So there's no indication of there being a second mode for resolution/performance/etc?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Evior meditates.

But that makes me question how much "cosmetic" gear we really have in this game compared to the last ones?

The moment they announced "way less loot to fill up your inventory" I instantly thought "yeah right, that's just a bs excuse to have 1/3 of cosmetic gear in the game".

Do we have infos about the amount of clothing options? While many people don't give a shit, or at least pretend to not give a shit about "cosmetics". In games like this it's one of the biggest aspects and motivations for me.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
On PC game has memory leak.

Cohh played for 2 hours and game got choppier over time, stuttering. Then he restarted the game and it's again butter smooth.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
So there's no indication of there being a second mode for resolution/performance/etc?
Narp. Looks like it will be 30fps on current consoles. 60fps on next gen. I think all consoles will have dynamic resolution to hit the framerate targets.

But that makes me question how much "cosmetic" gear we really have in this game compared to the last ones?

The moment they announced "way less loot to fill up your inventory" I instantly thought "yeah right, that's just a bs excuse to have 1/3 of cosmetic gear in the game".

Do we have infos about the amount of clothing options? While many people don't give a shit, or at least pretend to not give a shit about "cosmetics". In games like this it's one of the biggest aspects and motivations for me.

Turns out there actually is less loot drops. And the "gear score" is reworked. It's way less about equipping gear to boost your score. It's called a Power Level now and it increases as you gains levels and distribute skill points.

You can still hide particular slots of armor. Though there doesn't seems to be a transmog feature like they later added in Odyssey. I don't know how cosmetics are going to work yet since the Bayek outfit is still locked for me.

Last edited:

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
Only slight negative I have so far is the horse feels too loose/sensitive.

Soon as you get on it shoots off and turns so quickly, becomes annoying when trying to navigate narrow spaces or bridges.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to stay away from too much footage. It seems the Norway area is more quiet than Odyssey, is that correct? Odyssey had wolves, bears or bandits every 20 meters, which detracted from the experience for me. Seems Valhalla is quieter and allows for more peaceful exploration, or did I just watch the wrong clips?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Managed to stay away from too much footage. It seems the Norway area is more quiet than Odyssey, is that correct? Odyssey had wolves, bears or bandits every 20 meter, which detracted from the experience for me. Seems Valhalla is quieter and allows for more peaceful exploration, or did I just watch the wrong clips?

Yep, by looks of it Valhalla is a lot "quieter" game. A lot less hostile animals and humans around.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Managed to stay away from too much footage. It seems the Norway area is more quiet than Odyssey, is that correct? Odyssey had wolves, bears or bandits every 20 meters, which detracted from the experience for me. Seems Valhalla is quieter and allows for more peaceful exploration, or did I just watch the wrong clips?
Yes. There are still animals roaming that will attack. But way less. It is more chill.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
It'll be the only new game I play on my series x immediately, and I'm looking forward to it. Looks fun and really pretty.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I have one small complain that I like to register in the OT:

I really dislike how most columns in this game looks like Ancient Greece columns rather than Roman ones, particularly the types of columns that would have been built in Britain. They would most likely be monolithic or built out of bricks rather than by the stack of stone disks like it was more common in Greece. They are probably just reusing assets from Odyssey but still and I know the vast majority of players wouldn't know the difference, but still... just somethign that they missed.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
I have one small complain that I like to register in the OT:

I really dislike how most columns in this game looks like Ancient Greece columns rather than Roman ones, particularly the types of columns that would have been built in Britain. They would most likely be monolithic or built out of bricks rather than by the stack of stone disks like it was more common in Greece. They are probably just reusing assets from Odyssey but still and I know the vast majority of players wouldn't know the difference, but still... just somethign that they missed.
Now you ruined it for the rest of us 😰.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Ill most likely be playing this in series X. I'm curious how the game will run on the series x vs ps5

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be playing on Xbox One X. Super excited as a huge fan of origins and odyssey. Also Norse mythology is my favorite

painey

Oct 27, 2017
definitely looks rough, but as a budget title and with a brand new console I might just have to jump in. The new style of AC is my least favourite, but this one has my country so it's probably enough to sway me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Was watching some comparison vids of the voices of Eivor. And i think i go with male. Just sounds better.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing this since yesterday on my xbox one x -- runs pretty good, looks great. Same as any ubi open world game, its easy to find shots where the lighting is flat and it looks bad, but overall the game looks very good most of the time.

Kinda janky at times and feels like you can get stuck in animations awkwardly in combat, especially with the shield. liking it a lot so far though, big improvement over odyssey

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
- How's base PS4 performance and graphics?
- Did they actually beef up the stealth mechanics this time compared to Origins and Odyssey?
- How does the world compare to Greece and Egypt?