• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Who knew murdering my ancestors would be so popular. I've enjoyed what I've played of it so far, that's for sure.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I have about 25 hours in, so a bit early to say perhaps - but this is probably my favourite AC so far. With black flag, and 2 being in close running for me.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Lots of hate for AC3. I think they fumbled quite a bit with it but thought it was fine. Lots of hype around the series then and, at the time, it was super ambitious.

Onto Valhalla, well deserved. 20 hours in and loving it.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Legit one of the worse AAA games I've played. Almost took me out of the series.
It really is that bad, I played it a year ago via Xbox BC and oh my God, everything is badly designed. The story, the map, the open world, everything is so so bad and boring.

Possibly the most important video game Spanish outlet, 3DJuegos, gave it a 9.7/10 and there were a lot of bans the day the review went live for the people who called out the reviewer on his bullshit, you simply cannot give that game that score, it's impossible.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Did Watch Dogs perform well also? I feel like more people I know are talking about Valhalla.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Was so hyped for AC3. Definitely one of the most disappointing games of all time for me. Never played a game that screamed BORING as much as that one.

Glad to see the series grow, still. Will pick this up in a month when I can get it for much cheaper (as Ubi always does).

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Deserved. This game is really good. I like the pace, combat is fun and has a freedom in how you build your character and social stealth is back and better than it's ever been. Just wish large crowds made a return

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Still baffling Assassin's Turd 3 sold that many copies. Painfully boring and bad game.

Hype and sales don't have to correlate with the quality of the final product. It was the end of Desmond's story and it was coming off the highly successful AC2 trilogy. Of course hype was going to be through the roof before the game was even released.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Curious how long it will take before WD: Legion and Valhalla will see discounts on Ubisoft Connect (PC store) - potentially as early as next week for Black Friday sales? Normally would consider that too early but the game is already seeing discounts in physical retail channels.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Definitely helped them to have cross gen versions at the ready. The attach rate for PS5/XSX hardware purchases are probably massive for this.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Very deserved, loving my time with the game and it looks Amazing on Next gen.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Target had it for $49, plus i used the B1G1 free trick to order three copies, cancel 2, and still get the 33% discount, plus red card, (and access to team member discount, shout out to my fam), came out to $30.71 after tax.

Without team member discount it would have been Like $35 after tax.

That's hardly "discounted 20-30 USD at retailers all over."

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Hype and sales don't have to correlate with the quality of the final product. It was the end of Desmond's story and it was coming off the highly successful AC2 trilogy. Of course hype was going to be through the roof before the game was even released.
I know, but sometimes word of mouth hurts a game's legs. Wasn't really the case with AC3.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yup, really enjoying this. Well deserved so. I was very skeptical and burned out after Odyssey but they really did a great job improving upon things here.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Best AC ever. It deservers a direct sequel. I don't understand studios sleeping about Viking games.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've really been enjoying the few hours I've put into it so far. Just holding off playing more until they patch the screen tearing.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Won't be touching it until after I've finished both Spider-Man games and Demon's Souls but I'm glad to hear so many good things.