• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
lw3T7vl.jpg

Y4N75LX.jpg

0VAIkRS.jpg

lZKfChW.png

xQTJolQ.png

www.ubisoft.com

Assassin's Creed Valhalla for PC , Xbox One, PS4, & More | Ubisoft (US)

Official Site. Assassin's Creed Valhalla’s advanced RPG mechanics gives you new ways to blaze your own path across England. Available now on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Stadia, and PC. Also coming to PlayStation®5 November 12.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Some cool info about the settlement

So, instead of embarking on a never-ending journey to defog all the map, Valhalla's narrative is being built around your settlement, and through it. "It's your own Viking village you'll see prosper and grow, and which your clan mates will live in," Laferrière tells me via video call. "It's at the centre of our quests and the centre of the decisions you make. We want players to see the consequences of their actions." Big story arcs will begin and end here, the impact of your decisions rippling through your growing community. You'll see the effects of alliances - such as weddings to forge relationships between clans - and the consequences of "harsh choices you have to face". It's also where you'll see some of the game's romances play out (if you choose to indulge in those).

"It really changed the shape of the game we were making," Laferrière says. "Instead of exploring one territory, then moving on to another and having no real opportunity or reason to return, the settlement changes the structure. So you'll go on an adventure and then be encouraged to come back to your settlement. It changes the way we're playing the game we're making - at least, that's the bet we're making." It's not an entirely new concept for the franchise, but it's been a long time since Assassin's Creed tried to give players a proper home (boats and trains aside, AC3's rather basic Homestead is the last good example). It's also a tried and tested idea for the genre. As Laferrière speaks, he describes the settlement as a place of importance in Valhalla reminiscent of Skyhold and the Normandy, which players returned to time and again.

www.eurogamer.net

Assassin's Creed Valhalla reshapes the series' RPG storytelling by giving you a Viking settlement

Ubisoft knows what you think of Vikings: their reputation in history as bloodthirsty invaders, interested in Britain on…

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Eurogamer has a lot more info - including customizable Male or female protag.

I'm kinda psyched for return of the settlement/home base mechanic from AC2/Brotherhood, not gonna lie.

Marketing apparently not gonna show female Eivor until later.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope the game emphasises quality over quantity.

The new trend of 80-100 hour Assassin Creed games has me grown weary...

SirSalabean

May 12, 2018
I'm so excited I think this setting will be great with Saxon Britain too. Seems like the players character is fully customisable? Would be epic if so.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Immerse yourself in activities like hunting, fishing, dice, and drinking games, or engage in traditional Norse competitions like flyting – or, as it's better known, verbally devastating rivals through the art of the Viking rap battle.

"VIKING RAP BATTLE."

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah those aren't screenshots lol.
The raids and settlements feature sound cool.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
So damn excited. Man, I hope I can get a PS5 around launch with this and Cyberpunk.

Hmmmm, yes.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like that this leak was more-less true

www.reddit.com

r/GamingLeaksAndRumours - Assassin's Creed Ragnarok New 4chan Leak

424 votes and 353 comments so far on Reddit
- Difficulty returns but focuses more on parry times, player health, and enemy reaction times rather than enemy health
- The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab
- Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.- Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.

This would be pretty good, hope it's true

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was wrong about the timing (I thought this would be set after 1050 but it seems to be late 9th century when King Alfred was around, so pretty much directly following the vikings tv show. They said it's mostly in Britain with a few surprise areas. I hope we can go to some parts of Ireland and France as well, even if those areas are a lot smaller.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This would be pretty good, hope it's true

There is some truth to that

6. You can dual-wield almost any combination of weapons.

7. Every piece of gear is unique.

8. Gear can be upgraded and customized, and you can use the same equipment from beginning to end if you want to.

9. You earn new abilities through a system mechanically similar to a skill tree.

10. What you can accomplish is more about gear and skills, not character levels.

11. Words the team have used to describe combat include "brutal," "crunchy," and "weighty."

12. The team is putting extra effort toward enemy variety to keep encounters surprising.

www.gameinformer.com

25 Things We’ve Learned About Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

After yesterday’s big reveal of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, we’ve had the chance to learn much more than the name and setting of the next installment.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
Heck ya! I am a sucker for any game that lets you build and expand your home base (my fav thing about AC3). So glad there is a female protag. In!

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Settlement is like your base in CRPGs, right? And the mercenary system is straightly taken from Dragons Dogma.

I'm glad that there's a female protagonist.

Oct 30, 2017
Origins
Odyssey
Valhalla

Ubisoft are killing it beautifully with AC, they are doing amazing dream comes true work with the franchise.... and I absolutely fucking LOVE THEM for it <3

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Does the bird mean they are going to rehash that mechanic again? If this is just another refresh of the origins/odyssey model then it will be a wait for sale for me. No offence to anyone that wants that.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Eivor codes as a female name here in Norway, actually, so I'll have to play as the female version.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The Best Buy listing for the game says it will utilize Xbox's smart delivery, so that it'll automatically upgrade when the series x version is available. Very disappointing it's not out after series x. I'll have to avoid spoilers and not play it when it's out cus I'll be waiting for the series x version. Did the same with ac 4 from 360 to ps4, then origins waiting for the Xbox one x

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Black Flag was my entry into this gen. Seems only fitting that this graces my XSX over Crimbo.

Viking Rap Battles sound amazing.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
The settlement thing immediately makes me think of Red Dead II's camp, which was undercooked in my opinion.

I assume it will burn down at least once.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Lead epic raid sounds like a rehash of the battlefield stuff from Odyssey. I might not get it if it's just a refresh of what Odyssey did. I need a better story and also for the story in the real world to just go away. No need to finish their current story.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
That is why i said mostly. Other things are almost spot on.
I don't think that's a fair assessment. Most of the fake "leaks" guessed some obvious stuff right, including this one. However, everywhere that it took a risk, it got it wrong. The name of the game, the name of the character, the announcement time and venue, the existence of co-op, the locations within the game, all wrong. Even the list of platforms is wrong.

This fake "leak", in common with all of them, was just throwing shit at the wall to see what stuck. Some of it did manage to stick, but it was all still shit nonetheless.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Glad they have the choice of character for those who wanted it, I wonder which will be canon, last time they marketed Alexios but Kassandra was, I wonder what about this time. I'll choose whichever it is.