• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

In light of the devastating fire at the Notre Dame de Paris, Ubisoft wants to give all gamers the chance to experience the majesty and beauty of the cathedral through Assassins Creed Unity on PC.

From April 17th at 04:00 pm to April 25th at 09:00 am (your local time). you can download Assassins Creed Unity on PC for free here, and you'll own it forever in your Uplay games library.

We encourage all of you who want to help with the restoration and reconstruction of the Cathedral to join Ubisoft in donating.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good guy Ubisoft. Unity is still the best looking AC game and the last "proper" AC game. Liked it a lot.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
That's really cool.

Just wondering as I never had the chance to play Unity, is it any good? I haven't played an Assassins Creed since 2.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's a nice move.
Pretty big game btw (~60gb I think?). It's not a great game, but it had some ideas, and some really nice graphics even today.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Good guy Ubisoft. Unity is still the best looking AC game and the last "proper" AC game. Liked it a lot.

I think about Unity a lot. It's a shame about the bugs and the memes, because I feel like it's still one of the best looking games of the generation that everyone forgot.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
How is the PC Version These days? Might wanna give it a spin on my 2080.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got it in a AC Humble Bundle awhile back but still awesome of Ubisoft.

They are also having a big sale on their AC games at the moment as well. Got Odyssey Gold edition for $33.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you just donate without getting the game? Outside of the first it's easily the worst AC.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Good on them. Other than the out-of-place British accents, it's really good to just wander in the game and explore Paris. (Plus, the game itself is pretty underrated, and very good)

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That's really cool.

Just wondering as I never had the chance to play Unity, is it any good? I haven't played an Assassins Creed since 2.
Unfortunately it was a bit of a hot mess at release which made people shit on it

but, at least in my opinion, it's one of the best AC games to date. As long as you don't go in expecting something like Black Flag. It's a lot like AC2.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Still the prettiest looking AC to date. Imagine it looks amazing on PC.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: ops, brain fart.

Will get, but doubt will run on my PC at all.

This game has been regularly available for less than for a dollar for about two years on all platforms. I guess the game got such a bad rep from its launch issues, they started to basically give it away. It was also bundled with Xbox One systems iirc. It's not that bad of a game so it's probably one of the best deals in gaming in quite awhile.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I think about Unity a lot. It's a shame about the bugs and the memes, because I feel like it's still one of the best looking games of the generation that everyone forgot.
Unity's a weird one for me; the parkour and the generally feel of it always felt wrong for me, but the customization and AC1-ness of the assassination missions should've really kept me with it.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I love AC Unity, everyone should grab this! The recreation of Notre Dame and other buildings are mindblowing.

OP
OP
Ryuichi Naruhodo
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
More donations aren't needed. Billionaires have already pledged hundreds of millions. The state of France and the Catholic church wouldn't let it stand in ruins anyway. I guess this isn't harming anyone but it feels weird considering the humanitarian causes that actually do need more support

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Nice gesture. Yesterday was playing AC, and was thinking about unity and how ubisoft may give it away now. Guess i was right!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
That's really cool.

By far one of the dullest entries in the series. Entire thing felt like a slog to me.

Would not recommend coming back to the series with that one. Black Flag is a pretty great standalone entry, AC Odyssey if you want more RPG elements.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Let's be real, the whole Notre Dame thing turned into a huge PR machinery immediately. Every nation & billionaire in the world has already promised all the money they could muster, I'm pretty sure we are in the billions already. Ubisoft jumping on the bandwagon will have very little real world benefit for a whole lot of PR.

They way the whole world came together to throw endless and endless amount of money at this christian building while the church itself would have more than enough to restore it by themselves is kind of indicative how much disposable income really is just lying around everywhere in the world. Basically this, but on a worldwide scale.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked this game even in its release. Shame about the bugs at that time though.

Oct 30, 2017
How is the PC Version These days? Might wanna give it a spin on my 2080.

Not greatly optimized but still a real looker, especially indoors.

acupalaisduluxemburg0y5u27.png
acuindoorhouse07n4uep.png

4K on a 2080 should easily be doable.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Let's be real, the whole Notre Dame thing turned into a huge PR machinery immediately. Every nation & billionaire in the world has already promised all the money they could muster, I'm pretty sure we are in the billions already. Ubisoft jumping on the bandwagon will have very little real world benefit for a whole lot of PR.

They way the whole world came together to throw endless and endless amount of money at this christian building while the church itself would have more than enough to restore it by themselves is kind of indicative how much disposable income really is just lying around everywhere in the world. Basically this, but on a worldwide scale.

A large bulk of ubisoft is actually french, and this game is actually incredibly relevant.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
More donations aren't needed. Billionaires have already pledged hundreds of millions. The state of France and the Catholic church wouldn't let it stand in ruins anyway. I guess this isn't harming anyone but it feels weird considering the humanitarian causes that actually do need more support
They can do both, you know.

Like, they are a french company and their headquarters are in Paris, of course they are going to help with the reconstruction of one of their city symbols and tourist attraction.

Oct 30, 2017
Unity is one of the most underrated games this gen. The absurd amount of bugs and glitches killed that game in the eyes of the public and I can't blame people. It blows my mind that Ubisoft felt it was in a state worthy of release at the time.

Paris is stunningly beautiful, Arno is a badass, it has some legitimately awesome missions (especially the assassinations themselves.), the co-op was really fun, and it had some of my favorite side content in the series.

If you haven't played it, grab it, especially for free.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
Can you just donate without getting the game? Outside of the first it's easily the worst AC.

What did you dislike about it? I really loved it. Definitely my favorite AC game, though I haven't finished Origins. The visuals, lighting, different outfits and weapons with different abilities, the leveling system, the collectibles, all the side quests such as murder mysteries, the open world co-op allowing you to run around the city with a friend... I loved it.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Off-topic, but holy shit, Uplay is fast! This is the fastest download I've had yet.

jwFD5Di.gif