• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
No PC version?

I'd expect there to be one and probably just the source lacking

Will be there for sure - but better question is if its coming to EGS or Steam.

Uplay for sure - no way in hell they dont release it on PC since PC is one of their stronger markets.

Anyways, if this leak is true, sounds good.

I need to catch up lol.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about the weapon degrading. Kind of had enough of that in games. Most of the rest sounds like upgrades from Odyssey.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Why would Sony show off a third-party, non exclusive game for current get that comes out before PS5 release? I call bs.
Possibly to show the improvements of the PS5. It kind of happened when the Xbox One and PS4 came out, they showed how awesome the games looked on 'next-gen'. I totally get your point about why do this for a game which is going to be on PS4/XboxOne and PS5/XboxSeries - won't this AC game be restricted in it's 'next-gen' capabilities if it also has to run on current-gen.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why would Sony show off a third-party, non exclusive game for current get that comes out before PS5 release? I call bs.
Big third party pub showing off their new AAA open world game that will be very popular and scheduled for day 1 release of the PS5. Ubi will be happy because they get to ride the positive reception of ps5 and can show off the new gen version of the game instead of current.

It's a shame as I used to play all of the AC games, getting platinums in many, AC:BF was a joy at ps4 launch but after the new direction I'm out. Got origins and after about an hour of playing I was really put off and never went back. Controls felt bad (never had that with AC before) and it just seemed too packed with quests that it just put me right off.

Zonnes

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2019
Everything sounded good till they decide to ruin it with Weapon Durability

Oct 30, 2017
I hope switching armor is easier or they let you swap between two sets on the fly. Constantly putting on stealth armor pieces when doing stealth got annoying quick.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Please for the love of God, decrease the size of the world

Odyssey was too god damn massive

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
More excited for the PS meeting in February

I wish this game was developed from the ground up for next gen, having London/Paris created from those specs in mind would have been insane, considering how good both of those cities already look on Syndicate/Unity respectively.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I don't think this is getting revealed at the sony meeting like everyone thinks it is. Microsoft has had the marketing rights for the last couple games so while of course it's possible it switched i mean it has multiple times. I don't think it has yet. Plus its weird to not launch on stadia even though fuck stadia.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
"There's a new Assassin's Creed".... Yawn.
"There's a new Assassin's Creed on PLAYSTATION 5"........ Okay, I'm back in.

If there's a series to show off a new console's graphics capabilities, then this is it.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
There's only so many 'ancient history' settings for your games to be set in. (or at least ones that people are at least somewhat familiar...)

Someone at Ubisoft must've played Age of Mythology a few years ago and thought "Yeah, Egypt, Greece (+ Atlantis) and Scandinavia, that's the stuff!"

Please for the love of God, decrease the size of the world

Odyssey was too god damn massive

I have to agree. Size wouldn't be too much of an issue if there was a larger amount of diversity among the various areas, but 90% of Odyssey looked very samey.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
- Up to 4 player drop in drop out co-op like Ghost Recon wildlands.

- Player can only play as a single character, Jora, who can be chosen to be male or female.

- Jora led a small band of 4 during their adventures which is why other players can drop in and out for co-op.

- Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.

- Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.- Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.

- Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded

- The hidden blade is back and is far more customizable in terms of cosmetics. Can be upgraded to kill in one stab

- The assassins are believed to have a connection to Odin and dub their raven drone as odin sight

- Some skills are unlocked by reaching a high enough skillset level, some must be bought with skill points, and others are unlocked through game/ story progression.

- The map is massive. Like all of northern europe. My source mentioned big cities being York, London, Paris, and kiev. Every kingdom was meant to be really unique.
Uggggggggggghhhhhhhhh fucking awful, I hate the direction this series is going.

- Levelling is overhauled to allow players to improve skillsets to gain experience, like in Skyrim. As a result, level locking regions and content is gone.
At least level locking is gone, what an atrociously awful decision that was.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Uggggggggggghhhhhhhhh fucking awful, I hate the direction this series is going.

I really didn't like the fact that when AC introduced RPG mechanics you'd run into situations where not even a 'long press' / 'loud' assassination would be a guaranteed one-shot with the hidden blade.

The hidden blade should always be able to one-shot fools, imho.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I expected the map to have England, the mainland coast up to Denmark, and then the southern tip of Norway and Sweden, but stretching to Kiev sounds ludicrous. That's a huge stretch of central and Eastern Europe you'd need to include. At that point you're one step away from including the Black Sea and Constantinople and having a map that's literally all of Europe.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Big third party pub showing off their new AAA open world game that will be very popular and scheduled for day 1 release of the PS5. Ubi will be happy because they get to ride the positive reception of ps5 and can show off the new gen version of the game instead of current.
Nothing is stopping Ubisoft from showing the next-gen version without specifying platforms. Sony conference would only diminish AC reception because it will be overwhelmed by the PS5 showoff.

For show the capacity of the PS5, or for the same reason that sony or microsoft show third party game at conference.
For E3, sure. This is PS5 reveal and if focuses on PS5. Kinda strange to use this time to announce the game that's coming out when PS5 won't even be released.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Hard agree. I was flabbergasted when first playing Origins.

It was even worse in Odyssey. At least Origins had level scaling turned off, so if you did a lot of sidequests you were always comfortably more powerful than your enemies.

Odyssey scaled enemies to a degree where i never felt like i got stronger. Not just in regards to assassinations, but also swordfights. Enemies were way too 'bullet spongy' even when using lvl 50(?) epic weapons vs. regular Athenean foot soldiers.

MyGamingDiary

Banned
Jul 30, 2019
This all sounds great, had a lot of fun with Origins. But the 4 player Wildlands like Co-op bugs me, because I hate games that can't be played properly in singleplayer. If it's anything like Wildlands there will be 3 dumb NPC wandering around, trying to help you and ruining the immersion.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Hm, looks like more of the same, with some bits tacked on.

In other words, absolute mediocrity in every aspect, because these games are all unfocused jack-of-all-trades. Not having much hope for the story, considering how they handled dialogue in Odyssey.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character........

Hard pass for me if true.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
It was even worse in Odyssey. At least Origins had level scaling turned off, so if you did a lot of sidequests you were always comfortably more powerful than your enemies.

Odyssey scaled enemies to a degree where i never felt like i got stronger. Not just in regards to assassinations, but also swordfights. Enemies were way too 'bullet spongy' even when using lvl 50(?) epic weapons vs. regular Athenean foot soldiers.

odyssey can actually be "broken" and turn almost every sneak attack into a single hit kill - but you need specific sets and engravings for it that enhance certain abilities. The pirate set is a good starting point.

If you just play "normally", then yeah, the game is pretty frustrating with how much of a hp sponge every enemy is.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I'm so hyped. I used to not care at all about AC but origins and odyssey were two of my favorite games of this gen. I think they filled the elder scrolls void.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Yeah I haven't even touched Odyssey yet, even though I own it. I know I'm going to hate the level gating and RPG mechanics, but I've played everything else in the series so might as well commit.

odyssey can actually be "broken" and turn almost every sneak attack into a single hit kill - but you need specific sets and engravings for it that enhance certain abilities. The pirate set is a good starting point.

If you just play "normally", then yeah, the game is pretty frustrating with how much of a hp sponge every enemy is.
Making mental note of pirate set

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Info sounds legit but release date and platforms are sketchy. No Stadia nor PC?

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Bought Black Flag when I bought a launch PS4.

I will probably pick this up on my PS5.

Especially since I loved Odyssey so much.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Take with a graint of salt for sure.
Personally my prefered point is this : - Officially announced in february at the upcoming playstation event, release date September 29th, 2020.

This would make sense as another new rumor says that the PS5 is releasing in october.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Deeper RPG mechanics and the raids sound like a good addition.

Also, please this be true.
Raids? As long as it's possible to solo them I'm ok with it, otherwise I'm pretty butthurt about it. (OP says or go in by yourself, which im hoping means its possible to do solo). Everything else sounds really nice.