• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I also found a side quest where you get a special cutscene for killing the target, like after you assassinated a story target.

I totally didn't expect that from a side quest.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Amazing!
56ba31ea-9813-4ade-buvkog.jpeg

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Differences / X1X enhancements based on the DF comparison:

- X1X has dynamic scaling, hovers around 1700p to 2160p
- Absolute minimum on Pro is 1350p vs 1656p on X1X
- Basic assets identical between all platforms
- Shadow resolution up close is same, they have slightly longer draw distance than Pro
- Pro and X1X have the same draw distance for the world.
- Frame rate and performance is very similar during game play, cut-scenes are faster by a few seconds but still not locked to 30 (eg 22 on Pro is 26 on X1X)

I wonder if DF used the latest patched version, because the frame rate is certainly not 22 on earlier cut-scenes with 1.04 (eye balled and it looks a lot smoother to me).

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so beat the boss, (first try), do I have to wait for it to appear again? The marker is there but it's currently underground next to the Giza temples.

yeah, I think that's a glitch, happened to me too. Once you do a mission or two or reload the game, you'll see the Anubis symbol pops up right where it first showed up. Seems like you can do that fight infinitely for the next 6 days.

You guys have any favorite type of weapons?

I had one of those "Average power long distance" pole swords through the daily missions, it added poison on hit and generally had very good stats. Kept upgrading it to level 40. That was my main go-to weapon. Secondary I used the legendary sword dropped by the Anubis fight, it was already lv 40, extremely high base strength and it added a combo multiplier and health on kill .. amazing weapon.

Ah oke. Instant charge sounds good. Not so far yet. Do you guys dismantle purples?

Dismantle EVERYTHING ! You need the resources from them a lot more than money to upgrade your base stats IMO.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
I also found a side quest where you get a special cutscene for killing the target, like after you assassinated a story target.

I totally didn't expect that from a side quest.
Yeah, it was a great surprise, too bad it's not more used for side quests. Some side quests just end with the assassination of the target, no conclusion.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah. These LoD/Pop in issues are crazy. When I first downloaded the patch, either I didn't have or didn't notice the issues. Yesterday though? Jesus what the fuck

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know what to tell you. PS Pro version looked great and ran fine till this last patch.

This isn't my video, but this is some of what is going on now with the PS Pro. The LOD texture pop in wasn't like this last week.

Is there a big difference between tje one x and pro versions?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Huge shout out to Ahasverus for being on top of the patch issues from day 1, even though in some instances they come off like this:

159561805yu51.jpg

:p

Jokes aside, it's a shame about the patch marring an otherwise great game. Weird DF didn't even mention something like this, maybe their video was recorded before 1.04 came out ? All they mentioned was that the world draw distance is the same between X1X and Pro. If someone's gonna do a follow up, I hope there's a before and after patch so we can see the exact amounts of cut-backs.

Is there a big difference between tje one x and pro versions?

The Digital Foundry comparison is on the last page. The only thing they mention is that the X1X version runs at a higher resolution, the game play performance is the same but it runs a bit better during cut-scenes and has better shadow distances, otherwise as far as the world draw distance, they just mention in one line that it's the same between the consoles. We don't know what game version numbers they compared.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Shame because I think this is the best world they've built since Brotherhood so I hope they sort out the issues on Pro. I think the setting of Syndicate was a mistake and the art suffered for it. This seems like an excellent setting that really was built to get lost in exploring.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Not sure just my eyes but it seems draw distance been reduced with this new ps4 patch. The pop in seems be more noticeable also more animals dropping from sky as dropped in

I mentioned it first in thread just didn't go all crazy like Ahaservus lol. Hopefully they sort it out im not a major grpahics whore but it bugging me at moment playing this

Mikelarry85

Oct 27, 2017
The last AC game I played was brotherhood, didnt even complete it but I am 59 hours into origins and still enjoying it

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
After 50+ hours I finished the main quest and a lot of (but not all) of the side content, and I can say that this is my favorite Assassin's Creed game in a long time. The world building is fantastic. The way the map is organized, the little details everywhere… it's very impressing. Not all areas are on the same level, but when everything clicks (like in Alexandria) it really feels like a organic living world. It just have something "more" than the other games of the series, where the world were great to look at, but less fun to play on.
Gameplay wise, stealth needs improvement, but most of all of the other changes are for the better. Combat is way more enjoyable, and the loss of several "gamey" elements helps a lot with the immersion. Gone are the mini-map (just a compass on the top), "detective mode" eagle vision, insta-fail on detection, bonus objectives like "kill 5 guards from the ledge", glowing orbs to collect, and so on. Once I got out of my mindset of the previous games and stopped trying to go 100% stealth and just let the game "flow" on it's own, I found the loss of all these elements actually helped my enjoy a lot more the game greatest strength… it's world.

The weakest aspect is it's writing. The side quests try to emulate the Witcher 3 model of populating the world with context-giving stories, but with a few exceptions just aren't as clever, and as a result you see the repetition in the mechanics a lot more clearer. They are still leagues better than any of previous game in this series, and in fact than any of recent open world games I played (haven't played Horizon), but didn't quite get to where they were aiming for. The main plot also gets really lost in the end, and while a little better, Ubisoft still doesn't know that to do with the modern era stuff - but I liked they ditched the generic first person for these segments.

On the whole I really enjoyed my time. Amazing world building, with gameplay changes that allow you to really appreciate it. The extra development time was well spent. If they evolve on this model and get better writers to create some interesting characters, next game could be really something.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Huge shout out to Ahasverus for being on top of the patch issues from day 1, even though in some instances they come off like this:

159561805yu51.jpg

:p
Heh you got a chuckle from me :P

Hopefully all the noise has been worth it (seriously, I've been making lots of posts on lots of places).

The thing is that I really think of games as a work of art, to which technology should just serve as a medium, not getting in the way of it.

Whatever technological shenanigans happened with 1.03 are a hindrance to the game as /a work of art/ and such it should be denounced and hopefully addressed.

Hope that explains my stance a bit.

1.05, we're ready.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Honestly they should just go full Witcher 3 with AC at this point. Give us multiple quest lines, endings, dialogue options etc.

I know there's a kind of canon here but everything they've done in this universe since ACII has been well... trash, if we're being frank about it. There's lots of potential here but they need to work out this writing problem sooner than later.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game won't let me enjoy the way i really want to.If i explore the world and do random side-quests and tombs then i will become overleveled for the Main Quests like in Alexandria where i was level 18-20 and missions level was 12(everyone died in 1-2 hits).

Right now i am just going from target to target without really focusing on the world and it feels terrible.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I killed Anubis and he gave me this sword and a gear item. Does everyone get same weapon?

I fucking love this game. Started Horizon and was like ehhhh and went back to this.

DOMhgyjUEAE6RaS.jpg

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Honestly they should just go full Witcher 3 with AC at this point. Give us multiple quest lines, endings, dialogue options etc.

I know there's a kind of canon here but everything they've done in this universe since ACII has been well... trash, if we're being frank about it. There's lots of potential here but they need to work out this writing problem sooner than later.
Well you might be in luck
The first civilization mechanisms talk about how the new animus has a different way of handling story, with possibilities of not only seeing it, but changing it.

That meaning maybe we're getting branching paths in the future.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game won't let me enjoy the way i really want to.If i explore the world and do random side-quests and tombs then i will become overleveled for the Main Quests like in Alexandria where i was level 18-20 and missions level was 12(everyone died in 1-2 hits).

Right now i am just going from target to target without really focusing on the world and it feels terrible.
Once you reach 20, XP gain is slow so you can enjoy everything that way.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Massive apologies and seventeen pineapples if this has already been answered, but...

Is there a sprint in this game? I may just be being thick, but it feels wrong not being able to sprint, or at the very least, make my horse go faster...?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am kind of surprised people like it going more and more RPG hybrid and complicated. I still prefer the more simple ACII and Brotherhood gameplay tbh. Crafting and loot and leveling and damage per second stuff annoy me in this series.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Massive apologies and seventeen pineapples if this has already been answered, but...

Is there a sprint in this game? I may just be being thick, but it feels wrong not being able to sprint, or at the very least, make my horse go faster...?
Sprint is just holding the stick in. That's max speed, horse speed depends on where you are, (you go slower in settlements), and type, chariots are the fatest.

I am kind of surprised people like it going more and more RPG hybrid and complicated. I still prefer the more simple ACII and Brotherhood gameplay tbh. Crafting and loot and leveling and damage per second stuff annoy me in this series.
This actually reminds me has anyone tried easy mode to see how much it reduces the emphasize on stats?

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can get a faster horse. Sprint is just pushing the analog stick up.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Horses in this game are so smooth to ride. I was gonna make a detour traveling down a cliff and figured I'd check the horse animation and it simply jumped down. I love how easy riding is in this game.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Heh you got a chuckle from me :P

Hopefully all the noise has been worth it (seriously, I've been making lots of posts on lots of places).

The thing is that I really think of games as a work of art, to which technology should just serve as a medium, not getting in the way of it.

Whatever technological shenanigans happened with 1.03 are a hindrance to the game as /a work of art/ and such it should be denounced and hopefully addressed.

Hope that explains my stance a bit.

1.05, we're ready.
Okay. I have some pictures here that I took today. The game should look similar to this:
assassinscreedorigins27q4t.png

How many pixelated trees can you spot? Bottom middle, see that tree?

How many do you see here:
assassinscreedoriginsemp2f.png

More than 10?

Remember that tree from the first shot?
Here's a base Xbox One shot from launch with that same tree as on the X:
assassinscreedorigins5urmu.png

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I killed Anubis and he gave me this sword and a gear item. Does everyone get same weapon?

I fucking love this game. Started Horizon and was like ehhhh and went back to this.

DOMhgyjUEAE6RaS.jpg

Yes, I got the exact same sword. I think that might be hard coded and not random like most other loot drop.

Did you also get 1 blank looking "Anubis set" item that goes into your Inventory tab ?

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Hooefully choices are coming in the narrative quests in future games.

Ubisoft intern ramblings during Tomb Mechanism side quest spoiler and end game
basically it hinting time travel with new animus and altering timelines. There was a fan theory ages ago that Ezio died in childbirth but Desmonds control in animus changed that and made new histroy. We already had a change from Brutus (brotherhood confirmed Brutus did it) killing Ceaser to Aya. [spoiler/]

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Can I still finish side quests and whatever activity in the world after finishing the game?