• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frostman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great Britain
Love this game so much! Always been a big AC fan, but this is taking it to the next level.

95 hours in and I still can't pull myself away.

Shame about the story, which was very poor in the second half in my opinion. I wasn't a big fan of Aya, and with the way it ended it made me feel like she way just leading Bayek on throughout the whole game. They handled it poorly.

Considering narrative is (usually) important to me, it think it shows how fantastic other elements of the game are. The combat it brilliant, took me while to gel with it, but once I did it's great. Quests don't feel like filler and overall the world is so far ahead of many other games.

I'm interested where they go next. And I'm also interested in whether Ubi push out another AC next year, now they've had a return to form, or if they give the dev team time like they have here.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate fighting the
war elephants

I just got one down to its final section of health when I was suddenly stun locked by arrows, hit by a firebomb, and then immediately gored, and there wasn't a single thing I could do to stop it.[/spoiler]

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Can I earn more helix credits by playing the game or do I have to buy them?

All I want is the nightmare horse thing, why is life so hard.

Robin Friday

Oct 28, 2017
Just started on PS4. Is there a way I can stop it from telling me second trial of the gods is live every time I ope the menu?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Hunting tip: Forget the bow. Hop on a camel and do running charged hard strikes on the animals. Small ones will go down immediately, larger ones will require you to keep circling around them or doing passes if there is a group of them. When it's charged, you can use your overpower move to strike a few at once. You can go by the corpse and loot it while still on your camel. Make sure you're always moving, though, as if you stand there they could knock you off. Just today I used this method to kill
an entire pride of lions.
Fantastic. Thank you. I was of course on foot and was wondering how the game handled it. Great to know!

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I'm totally engrossed in this game. My next story mission is only level 12 but I've been wandering the map and I'm level 35 now.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I knew it was coming from the name of it alone, but I wish this extra bonus mission I got with the deluxe edition wasn't sea based.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Get the quest. Disconnect. Finish the quest and talk to Reda. Get reward. Go to network settings and connect. Wait till the option to talk to him again appears (30seconds or more). Disconnect. Talk to him and he'll give you another reward. Get the reward. Connect again....

Tried this on PC but the option to speak to Reda again never appears. Restarting the game doesn't bring it back either so once per day for me.

Anyone else got this to work on PC? Maybe the ultra quick cloud saving via uplay is affecting it.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I've got a fun new game-breaking bug. I just took out The Hyena, and now any attempt to reload my save file causes my computer to restart. No crash-to-desktop, just the computer full-on rebooting by itself. I can load into the benchmark OK, so the game still works, but my save file seems corrupted.

-EDIT- Verifying the game files in uPlay fixed this issue for me (for now). And the save wasn't corrupted, thank goodness; it was also crashing on loading a new game. So if this happens to anyone else, go to the game options in uPlay and choose "Verify Files." If that doesn't fix your issues, I guess try a full reinstall.

Last edited:

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Can I earn more helix credits by playing the game or do I have to buy them?

All I want is the nightmare horse thing, why is life so hard.

As far as I know, you can only buy Helix Credits, there's no way of earning them.

Ubi already confirmed though that the Nightmare stuff will be available through Heka chests at one point. They don't seem to be live as drops yet, so don't waste your money on chests yet. I spent the money I saved up during normal playthrough on chests and I actually got the Unicorn horse skin (that rainbow trail is too much for me lol) and some nice outfit for Bayek that are both offered for Helix in the store as well, so you might get lucky as well.

On PS4 there's always the option to back up your savegame to a USB before buying lots of chests and reload the savegame until you have what you want. I'm playing on an Xbox One X so I can't do that I guess, but I'm hoping to score one of the Nightmare items as well once they are in the chests.

Spawn

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up for Xbox One X. Really enjoying it so far but struggling a little bit with the new combat system.

Question, if I find a weapon or shield I really like is it better to upgrade or not?

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Picked this up for Xbox One X. Really enjoying it so far but struggling a little bit with the new combat system.

Question, if I find a weapon or shield I really like is it better to upgrade or not?
There's no limit to how much gear you can carry, so just keep everything and experiment with different combinations until you find something that feels good to you. Fairly early on you can unlock abilities that let you equip two melee weapons or two bows (not simultaneously, you can just switch between two with a single button), so you'll want to have at least a couple weapons on you to take advantage of that as well. Once you've found something that agrees with your playstyle, you can start dismantling other stuff for the resources.

Alpende

Oct 26, 2017
Played it for 3 hours or so and I'm surprised to say that I'm really enjoying it. You can clearly see that they drew a huge amount of inspiration from Horizon and that's fine because it's a great game.

Spawn

Oct 27, 2017
There's no limit to how much gear you can carry, so just keep everything and experiment with different combinations until you find something that feels good to you. Fairly early on you can unlock abilities that let you equip two melee weapons or two bows (not simultaneously, you can just switch between two with a single button), so you'll want to have at least a couple weapons on you to take advantage of that as well. Once you've found something that agrees with your playstyle, you can start dismantling other stuff for the resources.

Thanks! I didn't know that you could carry unlimited I have been breaking weapons down to get materials for crafting.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
This has to be the best AC game for me. The world is truly the most impressive one they have ever delivered. I believe it is quite an underrated game as it is at the moment. Ubisoft should be commended of the work they have done.

Also, I have encountered ZERO glitches/bugs during my 45 hours playing so far...

Oct 27, 2017
Tried this on PC but the option to speak to Reda again never appears. Restarting the game doesn't bring it back either so once per day for me.

Anyone else got this to work on PC? Maybe the ultra quick cloud saving via uplay is affecting it.
Don't know about PC, I'm doing it on PS4. Hopefully some of the PC players can shed some light on this.

Last night I got pharaoh outfit, 2nd Unicorn (sold it for 1000 gold) and a roman shield. Hoping to score mummie outfit and his horse at some point (do they ever even drop from the chests?). I'm sure Ubisoft will fix this cheat in one of the future updates.
Dat based Reda, blessings of Almighty Ra upon him.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up during bf sale. Dear Lord my eyes was not ready for such visual on the x.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Is
Aya: Blade of the Goddess
the final Main Quest ? I got a "point of no return" type warning, and want to clear out a bunch more higher level regions first if so.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Hunting tip: Forget the bow. Hop on a camel and do running charged hard strikes on the animals. Small ones will go down immediately, larger ones will require you to keep circling around them or doing passes if there is a group of them. When it's charged, you can use your overpower move to strike a few at once. You can go by the corpse and loot it while still on your camel. Make sure you're always moving, though, as if you stand there they could knock you off. Just today I used this method to kill
an entire pride of lions.
People ITT sleeping on bow fury...
aVZyivu.gif

Last edited:

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Purchased a few hours ago digitally for $42 on PSN. Already purchased the Deluxe Bundle for $10 and the Expansion Pass for $40 a few weeks ago. I'm all in on the game. Just need one thing - the elimination of the HUD presets and instead, the addition of individual HUD options. I know Ubisoft confirmed that they're working on it. Just hoping the patch for this hits sooner rather than later.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I got the glitch working and did it for about an hour. Lots of decent weapons but nothing like a unicorn or anything. Do those only come from the purchased crates or the ones rewarded for the quest too?

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
This game honestly looks amazing on the x on my parents 4k TV. I havent even tried playing it on my 1080p TV yet.

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Played for about 5 hours today (15 total),loving it so far. I hope they fix the stuttering on PC because even with a 1080ti and Gsync I'm getting tons of it and even a little tearing.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the audio in this game is rough. I can't exactly remember how Syndicate or Unity sound, but things, especially the dialogue sounds really compressed - like I'm having flashbacks ambient dialogue in previous gen AC titles. Dialogue sounds really, really bad. Not that I expect the platform to have anything to do with it, but I'm on PS4 Pro with this one. Also, the game doesn't seem to use subwoofer channel for anything (granted, I'm only 4 or so hours in). Seems baffling to me, especially given this game supposedly has Atmos support.

Another thing I'm not sold on is the HUD in this game. I was really hoping for the toggles in the options like every game in the series, but the presets in this game are pretty bad. Limited doesn't seem any different from the Normal with all of the HUD enabled, and Minimal is unplayable due to stuff like picked up loot and enemy levels not (or pretty much any contextual HUD elements aside from prompts) showing up. I'd probably be happy with Limited if I could turn off the compass and disable the message telling me to track a quest every 20 seconds when I'm exploring, but since I''m not able to disable this or enable that, I guess I'm stuck switching between one and the other every now and then. I don't really get why the name of the city needs to be displayed 100% of the time I'm in a given city. Small thing, but it does suck to see the series take a step back in this respect.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I like the NPC's in this game.

lPAPsd8.jpg

gxfzW5N.jpg

Didn't notice the guy in the background of the first image until now.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You only get a situation like that if you're very overleveled. From my own experience that looks like someone around five levels above or more. At that point anything will work.

Against same level enemies, or even -1, -2 enemies it takes several shots to kill with the charged bow.
If you're the exact same level and have a good bow this is how it will play out. Speaking from experience.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played it for 3 hours or so and I'm surprised to say that I'm really enjoying it. You can clearly see that they drew a huge amount of inspiration from Horizon and that's fine because it's a great game.
I don't think Horizon was out long enough for it to have any kind of meaningful impact on the design of this game tbh.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno Horizon and this are only separated by what, eight months? I'd say the more likely inspiration was The Witcher 3.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
Just got the Platinum trophy after 92 hours. Definitely in my top 5 of 2017. The world is definitely the highlight and it's one of the best settings in a video game imo. I only wish the OST was more memorable.. there are some gems but if Jesper Kyd was involved this would've easily been my favorite AC no question.

The viewpoint sync music in Cyrene/Green Mountains and Faiyum region in particular is amazing.

Vorheez

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit

Shadya...
That came outta nowhere and actually had an impact on me. Damn.

How far along am I guys?

dicetrain

Oct 25, 2017
I have come to embrace the fact that AC assassins are John Wick type assassins. Forget sneaking in, killing one guy, and slipping out. It doesn't matter. Nothing you do or amount of attention you get changes anything. You are literally at war with an army.

fLWmqrd.jpg

First assassin? I'm the first Black Panther. Come at me, bros. I've already killed two Phylakes before level 20.

Oct 25, 2017
picked up during black friday. early on, but dang is climbing completely a joke now (I know syndicate had the kinda janky grapple!). Like in the starting zone I climbed up the rock cliff like tom cruise in mission impossible 2!

Combat is... different. Not a fan of the default and alt mapping lol. Like I just wish parry wasn't mapped to O, Like why not just be L1 + R1? can't really decide between parry and dodge... or even if you parry, I like dodging in to get closer in range.

I do like how ridiculously easy stealth seems to be lol. Weird bow is kinda in the stealth area of the skill tree. You stand out of stealth when you knotch the bow, and it seems like even headshots only take out like 70% of enemies hp? Might need a better bow...

not really feeling most of the weapons... think ill just stick with sword and shield lol. Is there any good way to fight horse riding folks after I ran outta arrows? I'm just chasing them around until they get stuck against a wall or something lol.

Any of the Uplay stuff worth getting? They seem to be a notable jump in dps at a glance for early game. no clue why i keep hording these points...

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Sorry, one more question - once I embark on this mission, am I then stuck in that region until the story's conclusion, or can I still move freely around the open world?
The region I was talking about comes after this mission and it part of the normal map. What you're about to do is just a long sequence of story missions that are gonna lock you in for a bit.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So is it worth it to do those mechanisms where you need to have 5 silica for it? I mean i trying to get tghe outfit and i need 50 of those things but those things ask for 5 to activate it. I rather keep it to be fair.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
I recognize the qualities of the game . And I've been a fan of the AC franchise from day one. But this game has kinda been wasted to me because of the technical issues on PC. Bad performance, suspicions of downgrade, late patches , DRM galore and AWFUL stuttering in cutscenes ended up ruining the game . I wish I could get a refund on Uplay . I'm pretty close to the end of the game but I lost the motivation to play.