• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
headerqhjro.png

info-1sikdn.png

info-2-1zjjo.png

PLAY THE HOMESTEAD MISSIONS!
You will have a much better time and like Connor much more as a character if you do them as soon as they become available in each sequence. Don't skip them.

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal and Barcelona
Release Date: March 29, 2019 (PS4/XB1/PC), May 21, 2019 (Switch)
Price: $39.99 (US), also in Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass

Contents:
- Assassin's Creed III Remastered: Experience the journey of Connor Kenway, a half-Mohawk half-British Assassin trapped between two worlds, as he fights for his tribe and the American Revolution.
- Tyranny of King Washington: What if George Washington used an Apple of Eden to crown himself king of nascent United States?
- Assassin's Creed III Liberation Remastered: Play as French-African Assassin Aveline De Grandpre as she strives for the liberation of New Orleans from the Spanish and the Templars.

Improvements:
- 4K HDR on PS4 Pro, XB1X, and PC
- 1080p on PS4 and XB1
- Higher resolution textures
- New character models
- New lighting rendering system: Physically Based Rendering
- Denser crowds, environments, and VFX
- UI modernizations and colorblind options
- Stealth optimizations including adding the ability to hide in bushes and call enemies with a whistle
- Low-profile stealth double assassinations now possible
- In-game economy overhaul, new weapons for crafting
- Legacy outfits including Alexios, Bayek, and Aguilar
- Free aim with bow and guns

Switch Specific Features:
- HD Rumble
- Touch screen menu interface
- Motion control for aiming
- UI/HUD adaptation for docked and handheld modes

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be very interested in seeing more impressions. I played the original for about 5 hours and got bored but I love the Revolutionary War setting.

I could see myself trying it out again when it's cheaper if the impressions are good.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I subconsciously idealized this game as it was released on a really awesome personal time for me and as it's the only AC game I haven't played since release (a long time ago).

I'm really glad the remaster work went beyond a simple port and hopefully my cherished memories of the game will be kept intact during the inevitable replay.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot this was coming this week until a few days ago. Excited to dig in this weekend. AC3 certainly has flaws, but there's also a lot to like about it, and I'm happy with some of the changes they've made (weapon wheel not being a separate screen!).

And yes, play the homestead missions. They ought to be mandatory.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I am quite looking forward to this despite never finishing the original release. Origins and especially Odyssey have really pulled me back into this franchise. It'll be interesting to give this game a reevaluation.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hated this game at release, but you know what, it's part of the season pass anyway so I'm going to give it a 2nd shot. Let's go ye old America!

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Nice OT! I didn't hate the original. I'd rather replay 3 than go back and do AC2, which is probably my least favorite in the mainline series.

The updates have me intrigued. I imagine I'll eventually get the entire series on one platform, but it would take up a god damn terabyte.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
They actually did stuff to this remaster than simply up the resolution.

Love this game.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to play it again

The AC3 music theme is actually by far my favorite of the entire franchise.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Good stuff but it is always a challenge of patience to download a Ubi game. Still i am 20/33 gb which means a few hours have left, IF nothing Uplayish happens

nuggetgamer52

Oct 25, 2017
This is currently on the lower end of my favorite AC games, interested in seeing if the remaster changes that. It has been a while, and my gaming sensibilities have changed a bit since 2012. Kind of excited to find out.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there any gameplay for Liberation yet? It's really annoying how little information there is about it. I know i'm like one of the three people in the world that liked but i'd really love to see it getting a similar treatment to AC3.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there any gameplay for Liberation yet? It's really annoying how little information there is about it. I know i'm like one of the three people in the world that liked but i'd really love to see it getting a similar treatment to AC3.
There is some gameplay in the Revisiting a Revolution video in the OP.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Signature Edition just shipped. I won't be able to play now but I can't wait to replay one of my favorite Assassin's Creed.

I don't remember, but double assassinations were already in the original game, right?

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Need to see some lighting footage from actual players.

The promo vid Ubi first put out was immediately eviscerated here on ERA as just having a "piss filter" and nothing more; that it made the game look less beautiful in the (post)process. I want to see the lighting in action over a ten minute stretch and judge for myself.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Oh right I forgot this was a thing

I'm not sure I can bring myself to get excited but we'll see. Maybe time will have changed my perspective of the game. All I remember is that the original AC3 is why I stopped buying AC games

Bndadm

Oct 29, 2017
I am happy just to have an HD physical version of Liberation. Have not played that one before.

Wad there any confirmation at all of the weapon select for AC3 being back on the D pad instead of in menus?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Are they including the multiplayer? I know a lot of people didn't enjoy it, but the multiplayer in 3/4 were really enjoyable and different.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Feels a bit nostalgic knowing this game is almost 7 years old now.
I remember being really hyped for the game because I enjoyed the American Revolution part of history and it was cool to see a big game series like AC explore that setting. Overall I remember being slightly disappointed with it, but I wouldn't mind going back and playing an updated version of the game, maybe it'll change my opinion.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States

The colors look really good but there's definetly something wrong with the faces. I think ubisoft May have messed up the shading and speculate highlighting of the game though. Everything is way too glossy. For example look at 1:23 in the remastered the man who takes the hat has extremely glossy hair that doesn't change as the light moves over his head. This wasn't a problem in the original and I hope it gets fixed. Also there appears to be no shading/blue between hair and skin like there was in the original. Both shading and specular problems are really giving faces a rcreepy look.
9Uq0pXy.jpg

HXX8jEQ.jpg

i7ESlEU.jpg

iLICjAG.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The colors look really good but there's definetly something wrong with the faces. I think ubisoft May have messed up the shading and speculate highlighting of the game though. Everything is way too glossy. For example look at 1:23 in the remastered the man who takes the hat has extremely glossy hair that doesn't change as the light moves over his head. This wasn't a problem in the original and I hope it gets fixed. Also there appears to be no shading/blue between hair and skin like there was in the original. Both shading and specular problems are really giving faces a rcreepy look.
9Uq0pXy.jpg

HXX8jEQ.jpg

i7ESlEU.jpg

UOxMCFVh.jpg

Yikes. Hopefully the day one patch fixes that.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly those are fairly common results when you change lighting systems while keeping the same character models.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The lighting on faces and hair is fucking awful, how did they miss that?

Character models in general just look much better in the OG game.

The lighting in general just doesn't seem better, they stripped the atmosphere out for something different instead of actually improving what was already there.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
The scene where they enter the theater... @1:22 does that guy have Playmobil hair? That's ACEzioRemasterEyes.jpg levels of bad.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm laughing at the fact the game features "new character models" according to the OT or Ubisoft and they managed to make them look fucking worse than the original. It's like I stepped inside a wax museum.