• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft changed the games cover on Uplay a few days ago:

capturerdkl4.png

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm really just looking forward to replaying Liberation, the better of the two AC3 games. I couldn't possibly be less excited to play as Haythem for four sequences again.
Did they change the color of the loading screens? Or will i still be blinded everytime it loads?
Holy fucking hell, my eyes are literally going to melt out of my skull with this in HDR.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
The double murder was already present in the original version. The same goes for the murder from behind with a blade, they didn't invent anything new.

They invent things to justify the poor quality of remastering them or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZR_8rMXjhM&feature=youtu.be&t=21

I'm not excusing Ubi for their (perhaps deliberate) poor choice of wording, and I haven't played 3 myself, but that video seems to suggest that the original double "assassination" is a high profile move and not a stealth move. Perhaps not that massive of a change, but a welcome one nevertheless.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017

In the monthly Odyessy update, they go over more details and show some additional footage. The game looks really nice and I love the improvements. Also, no "piss" filter over the game which people were complaining about. Of course, real fans of series would have known it was just time of day.

I'm not excusing Ubi for their (perhaps deliberate) poor choice of wording, and I haven't played 3 myself, but that video seems to suggest that the original double "assassination" is a high profile move and not a stealth move. Perhaps not that massive of a change, but a welcome one nevertheless.

I'm assuming that is what they meant. Double assassinations sent the entire British army after you. Also it was kinda difficult to pull off.

EDIT: Watching the part about the outfits again, it looks like Shay's Templar outfit is in the game. It's the right of Bayek's.

Last edited:

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
What does "improved ergonomics" even mean for Switch version? Is it getting the same new features as the other versions?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
all of those "features" are already in the game...
-You couldn't free-aim until AC4. If you tried to free aim in AC3 it was hella wonky as it would always try to lock onto a target
-I assume they actually mean bushes this time instead of.....well.....the grass that the ps3/360 was capable of rendering. As they're adding more npcs and foliage.

Weird for them to point out double assassinations as those already exist in the game.

I'm guessing they added all the improvements made in AC4/Rogue to AC3.

EDIT:

As an aside, i'm glad Ubi isn't forgetting that the AC movie has one of the best outfits in the series.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
They need to fix the inventory system. There needs to be a fast, easy way to swap your weapons and equipment in real time (a feature that was previewed and touted for the Wii U version, but didn't actually make it in the game). The are so many cool unique executions that you don't really get to use because switching between equipment interrupts the flow of combat.

I only clicked on the blog post to check if they changed the inventory system and left disappointed.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Those are some pretty nice changes (even though i'm sure some of these were in the original?). I'm on a big Assassins Creed kick at the moment and do have Odyssey's Season Pass so i'll be playing this regardless.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Got this coming via the Odyssey season pass. Quite enjoyed III, so will be great to replay it. And as it comes with Liberations, i'll probably give that a bash first before going onto III

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a really solid remaster. I hope Ubisoft includes Arno's outfit in the game since it's the best in the series next to Connor's. Makes the most sense, given the time period, too.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm getting this as part of my Ultimate Edition Odyssey purchase, and I distinctly remember my personal trajectory as an Assassin's Creed fan becoming negative after dual disappointment in Revelations and 3. That said, I did always want to like those games, so since I'll be getting it anyway, I'm open to revisiting it with a fresh outlook. Glad to see there's some notable gameplay improvements.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oh it was? Haven't played 3 myself but the immediate sequel, Black Flag, pulled stealth assassinations.

germuso

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played It yet, I didn't know It doesn't have double assassinations.

That's weird

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
I bought odyssey gold edition for 33$ during the last Xbox live sale , I assume AC 3 is also included with the season pass ?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Ok so just to clarify the changes:

-You could only double assassinate while running, not standing still unless you had the high profile button pressed, this change makes it a low profile move like in AC4/Rogue
-You could only whistle from around a corner, but not a bale of hay/leaves or grass like in AC4/Rogue

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
This is the game that got me to stop playing Assassin's Creed games, and made me realize I don't particularly care for Ubisoft open world games in general.