• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 27, 2020
Yeah, even though Darby says Kassandra isn't in the game I'm willing to bet she is

Someone will probably post it on Youtube and it'll be on the homepage on release day lmao

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I am just not feeling this one. I'll wait for the next gen exclusive AC.
Also, maybe it's me but I think Origins/Odyssey look better than this? I know it's 60fps on next gen, but I'm talking current gen consoles.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I am just not feeling this one. I'll wait for the next gen exclusive AC.
Also, maybe it's me but I think Origins/Odyssey look better than this? I know it's 60fps on next gen, but I'm talking current gen consoles.

The character models look identical, but the environment looks like a clear step above Origins and Odyssey to me. Some of the vista shots show far better LoD than the previous 2 games as well.

benhan

Oct 30, 2017
The eyes... I think only PlayStation Studios who have mastered how to render proper eyes of the characters. Compare this to GOW and TLOU2, they looks dead.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
The more of this they show the more i want it, and the more I'm tempted to preorder. At the same time though, I need to start (and finish) Origins and Odyssey, and I know from buying both that Valhalla will be $20 on sale with its Season pass probably next year or shortly thereafter. It'd be better to wait, but wow it does look really good thus far.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
rough looking models/animation. but i'll be in it for the grind/gameplay. cant wait

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Wholly underwhelming. Interested to see how it plays and whether it looks as iterative as it seems.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
My biggest takeaway from this is I wish they would show female Eivor... at all? Ever?

Game looks good, I'm absolutely going to buy it because I love AC, but I'm so so so tired of seeing blandy mcsameguy male Eivor everywhere. I've played that game 30,000 times.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This trailer ruled.

After seeing just a ton of combat footage it's awesome to see some cinematic/story stuff at good quality. I'm in.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I don't understand what you mean? I've be playing odyssey for the last couple months on pc and this game looks significantly better.
I mean exactly as I said it.
I also played Odyssey and this game looks visually worse. The environments look okay, but the character models dont look very crisp.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
They mention Constantinople in the interview could that be the mystery region they hinted at.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
LOD textures in an official trailer. Never change, Ubisoft.

6Z1REta.jpg

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
It looks like basically the third game in the Origins/Odyssey framework. And I liked those games, so I'm cool with that, but seems unfortunate that timing got this game tangled up in all sorts of next-gen expectations, because this pretty much looks like it's just going to be one of those, but running at 4K60 on next gen.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
Looks bad. Characters and faces are worse than what we saw in previous games.

bishopp135

Oct 29, 2017
Not feeling this , but I'm interested to see if the game is able to justify the player assuming the role of an invading power.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Also, I must say it's quite funny to listen to the protagonist saying how they won't let people hurt them while in the background we see the vikings burning a village... I guess people can't harm you if you kill them first.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
My biggest takeaway from this is I wish they would show female Eivor... at all? Ever?

Game looks good, I'm absolutely going to buy it because I love AC, but I'm so so so tired of seeing blandy mcsameguy male Eivor everywhere. I've played that game 30,000 times.
Weren't all previously shown demos always female Eivor? Tbh this is the first time I've seen this guy lol

Also, regarding them denying it's Kassandra:
Either they're straight up lying or trying to play the cheeky Star Trek "Cumberbatch is not Khan he has a different name lol" card, or they're just so lazy that they reused her model, because story wise it makes complete sense that she's there since she basically roams the world until the modern day setting.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually way more into this story setup for some reason than the last several games. This looks great overall, but those faces look...like they've been painted over a person's actual face. That specific aspect looks weirdly last gen.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I honestly cant believe how many people think that's Kassandra when the face is so fucking different. The hairstyle is the same, sure, but that's about it.
Also calling the devs "lazy" for reusing the character model...rofl. Not even close, cmon.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Love it and I can't wait until Christmas to play it.

I wonder if that is Xbox 1 or Series X version of the game. Hopefully they show it off some.

Also it's not Kassandra, it doesn't sound like her and doesn't look like her the only similarity is that she has a ponytail.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Personally if I get an Odyssey clone with a Viking skin I'll be ecstatic as I loved Odyssey. Anything new they do that works is just the cream on top.

Artadius

Avenger
Jan 15, 2018
I need more vacation for this winter. Between this, Cyberpunk, and Hyrule Warriors... there's not enough hours in the day.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

Not even close really... can't wait till they go back to being the pioneers of visual fidelity and animation detail and away from this odd RPG Lite Mobile game clone. Just could not get into Origins or Odyssey. Such a shame.

This stuff is always disingenuous and always funny. In AC Odyssey you can climb up from the inside of an active volcano to its peak, climb down, explore that island, hop on your ship, sail miles away then dive in the ocean and swim to a sunken ship on the sea floor. This video is "look Unity has more assassination animations" or some shit.

Oct 28, 2019
This stuff is always disingenuous and always funny. In AC Odyssey you can climb up from the inside of an active volcano to its peak, climb down, explore that island, hop on your ship, sail miles away then dive in the ocean and swim to a sunken ship on the sea floor. This video is "look Unity has more assassination animations" or some shit.

Not to mention that Unity was disliked by many because the climbing wasn't nearly as smooth as shown and Arno would routinely do the opposite of what you intended him to do 😂

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there's one constant with Assassin's Creed is that people will still be wanking on about Unity many years from now, get over it, it sucked.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
While not visually impressive I'm still pretty excited and like what I've seen, if it has great characters and a bunch of cool places to visit and explore I'm happy.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Nah, Unity looks better visually and also a lot more fluid when it comes to animations (granted, I've only played Origins of the new ones). They've definitely gone a few steps back when it comes to the free climbing as well. Nobody is saying Origins/Odyssey aren't more elaborate, so I'd wager both of us are right actually.

And yeah this looks kinda...bad? I don't know, the environments look great, but everything else looks somewhat clunky? I don't know. Not a fan so far, even though I love everything about the premise and the mechanics they've so far advertised.

ket

Jul 27, 2018

Not even close really... can't wait till they go back to being the pioneers of visual fidelity and animation detail and away from this odd RPG Lite Mobile game clone. Just could not get into Origins or Odyssey. Such a shame.

wild how a game with multiple biomes, an ecosystem, and several cities & towns doesn't have as much visual detail as a game set in one city.

also, ac unity's npcs are glitchy af (constantly clipping into each other, running away in fear for no reason, standing on air or on top of objects they shouldn't be, staring at walls, etc.). They also don't have schedules or tasks the way the npcs in recent games do.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017

100% Agreed.

Sad to see the facial animations (and all animations tbh) in this in comparison to a PS5 release like Valhalla.

5667ca7268469ffdca4bc85579bf3e32.gif

Compare that to the Valhalla trailer...