• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly both of those expansions sound rad.

Will probably pick up the Season Pass later (first one doesn't come out till Spring 2021) when we're not in the month of 'every game coming out'.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Love the Discovery Tours but I wish they still included the codex as well. Discovery Tours come along way too late to give context to historical events and structures when you are playing the game at release.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little bit sad that they don't do the monthly content drops anymore. I really enjoyed my time coming back to Odyssey once a month for a new mission or two and play for a while. But all of the DLC sounds nice!

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Delighted to see that Ireland has finally made it into an Assassin's Creed game. Very much looking forward to seeing that.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see what Ireland looks like, and how much they cover.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Meh, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty disappointed that when we finally get a Viking AC we won't get to actually explore Scandinavia in a meaningful way. But hooray for Ireland and Paris I guess.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I still don't understand how Ubisoft markets these games. There is the Season Pass, The Gold Edition, and of course the Ultimate Edition. I usually pick up the Gold Edition at the first sale, but is there a real difference between the game plus season's pass and the Gold edition?

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'll have to say I'm disappointed the DLC's are going to Ireland and Francia, was hoping they'd explore the northern regions of the world a bit more. Would've loved an Iceland DLC. But ah well, I'm still in. Looks like I'll be picking up the Gold Edition.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Odyssey's season pass set a pretty high bar for this series, both expansion packs are great and it also included AC3 Remastered and Liberation Remastered. Wonder if this one will live up to that.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for a free AC1 remaster in the Season Pass tbh :'(

Lets hope down the line they give it a proper remake/update instead of a basic remaster (imo).

Seeing a proper next-gen version of Assassin's Creed 1, they has better quest design, better Assassin mechanics (seen in AC2 and later games), and a better structure would be amazing.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
These games are already too long and repetitive. Cant image buying even more stuff. Currently playing Odyssey and while I like it so far I can already see myself dropping it because of own huge the map is and most of it is meaningless treasure or bandid camp anyway. But hey, maybe I stay hooked in the story and loop and want more. I just don't see it.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah AC1 would need to be remade if anything.

Cool yule festival and beowulf, too bad we never got a christmas carol dlc from syndicate.

But is every myth going to end up being the result of a
apple wielder
?

Yes to Discovery Tour.

Only thing left to reveal now is what's up with the modern day...the Odyssey DLC didn't leave things in such a great state.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
ooookay, that sounds good. will be bought on sale in a year or so when I finally get around beating the maingame of AC:V

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
And you know, fighting the egyptian gods.
Huh? You mean that horde mode? Wasn't that *also* not canon? Similar to the Washington expansion of ACIII
This is what I'm saying, you wouldn't call the OG Red Dead a fantasy game because it had a whacky zombie expansion, same way I wouldn't call the older ACs full on fantasy games because they might had some elements outside the story here and there.
This (and maybe Odyssey, haven't played it) is just full on embracing it and making you hunt moss monsters. Not complaining, it looks sick, but it is a shift.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
YESSSS new discovery tour will be very very very good!
God maybe the best thing that Ubi has ever done with the AC series.
I LOVED AC O and AC OD discovery tour they are very awesome!

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
I still don't understand how Ubisoft markets these games. There is the Season Pass, The Gold Edition, and of course the Ultimate Edition. I usually pick up the Gold Edition at the first sale, but is there a real difference between the game plus season's pass and the Gold edition?
No, the Gold Edition is just a package of the base game and season pass. The Ultimate Edition comes with additional things.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
God, I'll have to support this if Ireland it in it. Is the cheapest way to get the Gold edition?

Also I am not looking forward to the terrible Irish accents

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? You mean that horde mode? Wasn't that *also* not canon? Similar to the Washington expansion of ACIII
This is what I'm saying, you wouldn't call the OG Red Dead a fantasy game because it had a whacky zombie expansion, same way I wouldn't call the older ACs full on fantasy games because they might had some elements outside the story here and there.
This (and maybe Odyssey, haven't played it) is just full on embracing it and making you hunt moss monsters. Not complaining, it looks sick, but it is a shift.

All of the mythological elements in Odyssey and Origins are presented in the context of the first civilization tech. I'm sure it will be the same in Valhalla.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Looks great. Two DLC packs is certainly a step up from Odyssey's one (acknowledging Legacy of the First Blade should be a bannable offence)

Valhalla keeps giving me reasons to buy it, I don't like it. Stop being good looking game.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Why is i that I feel more interested by the DLCs than the actual game? I had the same feeling with Odyssey. The actual game to me feels like your typical AC story with the same mechanics while the DLCs seem like they try new mechanics that they are afraid to include in the base game. Siege of Paris seems very interesting to me.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Ireland and Paris are great additions for the season pass. Will definitely buy the Gold edition in a few months

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
This will be my first game to play on the new Xbox. Everything about it sounds great. I really like Story mode; my guess is that it also brings greater appreciation to the artists involved in creating these beautiful worlds.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
All of the mythological elements in Odyssey and Origins are presented in the context of the first civilization tech. I'm sure it will be the same in Valhalla.
Riiight. I actually forgot about those alien space tombs.

Yeah, maybe. I just got the impression, after literally seeing mythological wolves and leshen-like creatures, that they just gonna scrap that.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, maybe. I just got the impression, after literally seeing mythological wolves and leshen-like creatures, that they just gonna scrap that.

Nope- they did all of this in Odyssey (Minotaurs, Sphinxes, Cyclops, etc) and it's treated as First Civ tech. They aren't going to deviate from that here.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Not aliens. Weird how people still think first civ are aliens when the evolved on Earth.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. I'll probably pick up the season pass when it goes on sale. Watch Dogs Legion looks like it will have more post launch content though.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow this sounds and looks amazing! All of it! And we'll get a discovery mode wooo! :D

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. I'll probably pick up the season pass when it goes on sale. Watch Dogs Legion looks like it will have more post launch though.
Man things seem strangely silent on the Legion front considering it's right around the corner. Seems like Valhalla is getting significantly more marketing than Watch Dogs.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I'm so hyped to explore ancient Ireland - I grew up in Dublin and have been interested in the Viking history for as long as I can remember

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I wish they would have focused on the Nordic countries... why not Denmark or Norway in more depth? But hey, why not. It's intriguing.

Sephiroth503

Oct 26, 2017
As an Irishman all I can say is "FINALLY!" :)

After teasing us in Black Flag. Sure it's not during the rising or the War of Independence but I'll take it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wish that there wasn't that much content on the game, I enjoyed odissey, played 100 hours and still didn't touch any of the expansions because there was much stuff to do

FaviousM

Aug 20, 2020
Hide the spuds lads, AC is coming to Ireland...

I'm kinda looking forward to how they butcher the accents

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I used the discovery tours in origin and odyssey as supplemental material for history lessons with my daughter. Glad to see it make a return.