• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
That's true, but even with 60fps now, I feel they could have improved in some places from their old 2 year old game and not fall back graphically even in some of them.
It's still 30 on current gen and still has all these drawbacks I've mentioned, what's the excuse here?

But I get what you mean, 60fps will be great, but I just expected a tiny little bit more technically.
I'm more worried about gameplay changes tho and hope they made good changes here.

Edit:

Also, there's a lot of tearing in this video and the leaked gameplays and that also worries me.
Please no.

Tearing is the one thing I can't tolerate. I can deal with some dropped frames, but i cannot handle tearing.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
This still looks not good. It's really first time I have been disappointed by AC graphics

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna pass up on this especially at 4k/60. My GF is very excited to play this as well, thank god for game sharing lol.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I will be playing this day one on Series X. Odyssey was surprisingly one of the best games I have ever played. I like the setting more in Odyssey but am so excited for this one.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017

Exactly the moment I was talking about. Look at the pop-up on the land, or even the flag right infront of the boat suddenly appearing.
Will probably get this at some point when it's no longer a full priced game.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I personally think it looks awful but eh.
That deep dive trailer from a few weeks ago looked so much better than this. Also, what's up with the stupid saturation.

Are we getting next gen WD:Legion footage anytime soon?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
That deep dive trailer from a few weeks ago looked so much better than this. Also, what's up with the stupid saturation.

Series X footage of Watch Dogs came out last week. Should be on Youtube.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

We already got that with the xbox series x raytracing vid.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Just gotta pretend its just called Valhalla and enjoy it like a Norse RPG. It just bums me out so much that it is Assassins Creed still.... that combat, just...

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God I can't wait. This, Sackboy and CoD will be my first PS5 games and I'm looking forward to them immensely!

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
60 fps on console is a game changer.. I don't care if it's Full 4k or dynamic.. just secure those 60 fps and it's a win in my book.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Quick side question, how does quick resume work with retail discs?? Looking at the target buy 2 get 1 sale on retail discs. Thanks guis (:

The exact same as quick resume works, only you have to switch the disc out too.

You probably have to adjust a little bit and between a digital game and a disc game. Between 2 disc games it won't be as fast then of course but what can you do. 🤷‍♂️

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
... but you all told me this looked terrible?

EDIT: Okay, never mind, it kind of does in places. I'll eat crow. That pop-in is pretty rough.

Last edited:

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
The exact same as quick resume works, only you have to switch the disc out too.

You probably have to adjust a little bit and between a digital game and a disc game. Between 2 disc games it won't be as fast then of course but what can you do. 🤷‍♂️
Ok that's what I figured. Will still be fast loading in even if I have to switch discs. Thank you (:

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
I want to love and buy this game. Especially because I love the setting and RPG's.
But I get bored with every Assassin's Creed game within a few hours, because the combat is boring and the story isn't interesting. I shouldn't buy this because it's pretty much the same formula.. right?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Depending on how optimized this is for PC, I may just opt for the PS5 version
I was about to say I might just opt for this on XSX depending on PC performance. Is there a chance this will run better on the consoles vs. similarly specced PC? My PC has slightly more powerful components than the consoles and definitely can't hit 4k60 on AC: Odyssey without some serious compromises.

Then again, was planning on playing this in December due to my enormous backlog, so I will just wait and see before deciding anyways.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have different performance modes on console? Wondering how big the visual difference is.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I want to love and buy this game. Especially because I love the setting and RPG's.
But I get bored with every Assassin's Creed game within a few hours, because the combat is boring and the story isn't interesting. I shouldn't buy this because it's pretty much the same formula.. right?
If you didn't care for Origins or Odyssey then this isn't going to change your mind. It very much looks like an evolution of Odyssey.

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
Yup, but I don't know how much i can trust that video, I would like footage captured from a few different outlets
Go watch the recent stream that Alanah did where she was playing different games on the Series X. One of them was Legion, and from what she showed, even with the shitty compression, it looked just like the video from a few days ago.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
This looks nice to me! Asgard especially looks stunning. Super smooth too. Combat doesn't look the best, but hopefully feels okay at 60fps.

If you know how to use youtube-dl, I strongly suggest it when watching these 4k60 youtube videos. The browser never plays it perfectly for me, and sometimes won't feed the highest quality video (in this case, I got a 1.4GB file out of it).

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
It stands to reason this will be like-for-like between XSX and PS5. I can't really see it pushing either machine to the limit.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
looks alright, don't really want to make any judgements until I'm actually playing and seeing it with my own eyes tho, Ubisoft games can be a hit or miss visually when it comes to YouTube streams, at least that was the case for Watch Dogs: Legion

dozed off out of nowhere lmao

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France

Yep the Deep dive trailer looked really great, I think I'll pass but being stucked playing Gears 5 until a new game I would like shows up... I'm bumped.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't too hot on the early previews but this is starting to look more appealing. The 60fps sure help to compensate a bit for the marginal graphic update.