• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
this is the first ACV trailer I actually quite like. Some of the locations look really great.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Would have been cool if they made two trailers, one for male and one for female Eivor.

This is easily the game's best outing though so far. Locations look great, and I'm also digging the mythical aspects of it (hopefully not too supernatural).

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still not a fan of this dual main player thing. I miss some connection and also the lipsyncing took a step backwards in this and Odyssey compared Origins.

SimonM7

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I have an aunt by the name of Eivor, but Ubi still won't risk putting the female character on the cover/in trailers. 👀

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Best trailer for this game yet. It does a good job of setting the tone.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Still not a fan of this dual main player thing. I miss some connection and also the lipsyncing took a step backwards in this and Odyssey compared Origins.
The scenes where they used full pcap looked better in Odyssey than in Origins. Which was surprising given their infrequency. Character model quality in general saw a big improvement in Odyssey which was impressive given that it had a bigger map and larger cast. I'm actually hoping this gets closer to that quality in later builds as the environments in Valhalla look fantastic.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the final game will look that. Why did the gameplay not look half as good as this? The IQ, lighting, and sharpness looks very good here

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes agree with here , this is much better trailer than they have released earlier , My only issue is that they should have pushed for the female Eivor this time.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Very meh to me. No direction of the character or story, what little voice acting there is seems low quality, everyone's faces looks dead and bland, landscape (other than forest area) doesn't strike the same interest as Odyssey.

The combat looks good and that's about it.

desu

Oct 27, 2017
Instead should have used this as the reveal trailer ... not the biggest fan, but this was much better than the previous trailers.

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
I have an aunt by the name of Eivor, but Ubi still won't risk putting the female character on the cover/in trailers. 👀
Yes agree with here , this is much better trailer than they have released earlier , My only issue is that they should have pushed for the female Eivor this time.
But all the official gameplay videos on the channel use female Eivor? What is the issue if they used Male Eivor for this trailer?
They even made Kassandra the canon character in Odyssey. I don't think Ubisot is afraid or not taking any risk or that there is an issue to begin with imo.

Oct 28, 2017
But all the official gameplay videos on the channel use female Eivor? What is the issue if they used Male Eivor for this trailer?
They even made Kassandra the canon character in Odyssey. I don't think Ubisot is afraid or not taking any risk or that there is an issue to begin with imo.
Kassandra was the canon character and still wasn't even on the boxart.
If we didn't have the dual characters we wouldn't even have a lead female character.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think you misunderstood me or I didn't make it clear. Its not about Ubisoft's marketing or about them taking risk.
What my concern was as you said, the latest gameplay videos didn't inspire confidence with Female Eivor's voice and overall design for me ,again talking about recent gameplay vidoes. Male Eivor seems fine on other hand, if only a little, but as in case of Odyssey I want to play as female Eivor. That's why I wanted to see her in a polished ingame trailer which is close to release . Maybe they'll do it in future, But basically this was the point of my comment.

Last edited:

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
I think you misunderstood me or I didn't make it clear. Its not about Ubisoft's marketing or about them taking risk.
What my concern was as you said, the latest gameplay videos didn't inspire confidence with Female Eivor's voice and overall design for me ,again talking about recent gameplay vidoes. Male Eivor seems fine on other hand, if only a little, but as in case of Odyssey I want to play as female Eivor. That's why I wanted to see her in a polished ingame trailer which is close to release . Maybe they'll do it in future, But basically this was the point of my comment.
Ah my bad then for the misunderstanding. I agree on the voice of female Eivor, it sounded too rough.
For me Bayek was one of the best when it comes to voice acting.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
The scenes where they used full pcap looked better in Odyssey than in Origins. Which was surprising given their infrequency. Character model quality in general saw a big improvement in Odyssey which was impressive given that it had a bigger map and larger cast. I'm actually hoping this gets closer to that quality in later builds as the environments in Valhalla look fantastic.
Disagree. I thought the story scene segments were done better in Origins.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm disagree on that.
There is some connection i am missing with these dual characters. Wich i had instant with Bayek.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ah my bad then for the misunderstanding. I agree on the voice of female Eivor, it sounded too rough.
For me Bayek was one of the best when it comes to voice acting.
Bayek was great but i loved kassandra's voice as well, so i just wanted to know here as well, cause i am just hoping its not Polished or the final mix or version is not yet there. Good voice acting makes talking & cut scenes bearable , especially in these games.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How the hell does this look 10 times better than the 30 minute gameplay thing from last weekend? Is this the next gen version or something?

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how this is going to do this holiday.

Personally, I feel my interest in this kinda died especially when you put this game following Watch Dogs Legion which is doing something I find really impressive.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Male Eivor for those who haven't heard him.

People have been complaining that his voice is too high.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Disagree. I thought the story scene segments were done better in Origins.
Hmm disagree on that.
There is some connection i am missing with these dual characters. Wich i had instant with Bayek.

What immediately stood out to me when Odyssey was first shown off was that skin shading, hair, and the eyes especially, all received nice improvements over Origins.

The Odyssey team made sure that they had improved model quality because they knew there would be a shit ton more close-ups due to it being an RPG with an A/B style camera system and tons of procedurally generated animation on top of the scenes that would be traditionally animated.

Now, stuff like cinematography, pacing, acting, etc. that's all subjective, i'm just talking about the tech stuff. One good sign i'm seeing is that the eye shaders in Valhalla look identical to Odyssey.

Oct 24, 2019
Sick fucking trailer.

Way more hyped for this than I was for Odyssey, given the setting plus the dream team working on it

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Great trailer.
I hope we'll see a little more of the 25 different enemy archetypes. I think they should communicate on it. The latest footage hasn't exactly thrilled the crowds lately... For the story, happy to see we're avoiding the same old revenge plot.

SimonM7

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

I get the impression that the developers would've wanted to feature the female character in the marketing ages ago, but looking at all the covers and CG trailers it's painfully obvious how much they downplay any other impression than "don't worry, 15 year old/35 year old boy, you'll be playing a dude". Syndicate's cover shoves Evie aside and centers on the male protagonist so hard it's downright comical.

Assassin%27s-Creed%3A-Syndicate-Xbox-One-

Like you say, Kassandra was the canon character of Odyssey, but you sure as heck couldn't tell by the cover, the statue with the collector's edition, or the CG trailers for that game. Mustn't let casual buyers at Walmart know!

So yeah, when Valhalla even has a protagonist with a female name, I feel like the developers are sending smoke signals going WE KNOW - WE WANT HER TO HEADLINE BUT THEY WON'T LET US! Ubi will eat this cake and keep it for as long as they can, and never risk turning away their perceived main audience of dudes.

I kinda get that a company like Arkane with a rickety franchise like Dishonored panics and shoves the dude back in at the last minute of developing Dishonored 2. I mean it's depressing there, too, don't get me wrong. But Assassin's Creed is basically bullet proof. Slap that name on something and it's going to sell. And yet, there has been exactly zero women featured prominently on the covers of the 11 main line entries across 13 years of Assassin's Creed. I'd mention the ones that do feature women on the cover, but I don't want to add insult to injury.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Have we heard anything about the dumb future stuff yet? I'm kinda curious where they go with this.