• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
Finally done with everything after 18 months and 203 hours. I can free 100 GB to play something else!
I feel like they should have integrated at least the third part of the Atlantis DLC into the main game. There's so much ISU lore and it shows their relationship with humans. Those who only played the main game got very little in terms of advancing the story and expanding the AC lore.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Finally done with everything after 18 months and 203 hours. I can free 100 GB to play something else!
I feel like they should have integrated at least the third part of the Atlantis DLC into the main game. There's so much ISU lore and it shows their relationship with humans. Those who only played the main game got very little in terms of advancing the story and expanding the AC lore.
I think that's deliberate. The casual player stays fully immersed in the historical time, and the core AC fan likely gets the expansions.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I think that's deliberate. The casual player stays fully immersed in the historical time, and the core AC fan likely gets the expansions.

Oh, that makes sense. I've beaten all the AC games, but I think it's first time I've played DLC so I was surprised at how much lore and canon story bits there were in it.
I think I'm gonna take a break of a few months and then play the Origins DLC before Valhalla comes out.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
I felt that this was the weakest AC story of all the games I have played (I have not played Unity or Syndicate).

Having said that,

MAJOR SPOILERS:

Is Alexios/Kassandra the first templar? I think they are.

Their last conversation with the Ghost was all about how the Cult was trying to seed chaos and Alex/Kass is all about restoring order. Then when you give the staff to Layla, Alex/Kass talks about how there must be a balance and Layla must fix the mistakes Alex/Kass made thousands of years ago. Considering Layla is an assassin...

--

It's weird that the ending scene with the Ghost was all about Perikles and not Phoibe WHO THE GHOST KILLED. I guess the writers just forgot about that/hoped the player would forget too. How could you choose to do anything but kill the Ghost, when they caused Phoibe's death? It was insulting that an option was romance! Seriously?!

--

The last 3 chapters of the game felt very rushed and underdeveloped to me.

The final scene on Mount Taygetos was really rushed, I didn't buy the family reunion at all. I had hoped that when Alex/Kass shows Deimos the spear it would trigger a cutscene showing Deimos that the Cult was wrong and they were being used and abused - a flashback like it did when Alex/Kass took it out near the remains of Leonidas at the beginning of the game. But there was nothing, just seeing the spear totally changed Deimos' personality. Sure, okay. The breakdown and reunion felt unearned to me.

This is a game obsessed with family at all costs, yet Alex/Kass discards Markos and Phoibe like they meant nothing. Those two were their family for 20+ years, Phoibe is killed and after 5 minutes Alex/Kass no longer cares and you get one cute side quest line with Markos. Directly after Phoibe's death you have the option to confront Aspasia but it fizzes out and is never addressed again. Honestly this bothered me more than any of the other issues with this game.

The ending would have been more meaningful to me if Markos and his mother had been included in the final family scene.

Also I'm pissed there was no romance options for Brasidas, who in my opinion would be the ultimate romance option for Kassandra.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck designed these conquest battles? I know the Creed series is known for it's shit combat but these battles highlight how terrible it is. Note to Ubisoft, let another studio design the combat for Valhalla please?

Anyways, do I have to these battles or can I skip them outside of the initial battle?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Who the fuck designed these conquest battles? I know the Creed series is known for it's shit combat but these battles highlight how terrible it is. Note to Ubisoft, let another studio design the combat for Valhalla please?

Anyways, do I have to these battles or can I skip them outside of the initial battle?
Skip them all. Totally pointless. You get a couple of bits of average loot which you're swimming in anyway, and the area stays red or blue but it will switch as time goes by anyway, so it's irrelevant. The only time they're worth doing is when you have a bounty it's easy for, like kill X Spartans/Athenians.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
k6yh_lcmm2ev.jpg

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

This page has definitely closed. To find your favorite forums and threads, go to https://discussions.ubisoft.com.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Skip them all. Totally pointless. You get a couple of bits of average loot which you're swimming in anyway, and the area stays red or blue but it will switch as time goes by anyway, so it's irrelevant. The only time they're worth doing is when you have a bounty it's easy for, like kill X Spartans/Athenians.

Thanks for the info. After beating that first one, it's nice to know I can skip the rest.

This is the first Creed game where I feel overwhelmed with the amount of content lol. What's the low down on stuff that is worth doing and stuff to avoid (i.e. conquest battles). I already plan on doing all the side quests.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. After beating that first one, it's nice to know I can skip the rest.

This is the first Creed game where I feel overwhelmed with the amount of content lol. What's the low down on stuff that is worth doing and stuff to avoid (i.e. conquest battles). I already plan on doing all the side quests.

Ignore the quests with blue icons and the ones with clocks or whatever on them. They are repeatable and are boring fetch quests you should only do if you really really want the resources from them.

They basically spawn forever.

Stick to the main story, side quest and exploring and you should have a great time assuming you don't burn out easily. (It's a long ass game)

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Ignore the quests with clocks on them.

Do some of the blue icon quests. That's oricalchum, the special currency, which can be found in extremely limited amounts around the world but is far easier to collect by doing some quests. You can spend it at the special vendor at the NW of the map. His inventory has 2 random items which are good tier horses, ship crews, loot, and it refreshes weekly Tuesday mornings US time. There's one blue quest daily which is a quick fetch/kill quest. There are two weekly ones, one is usually quick to do, often kill a merc which you should do anyway for his loot (one of them has my favorite weapon, the Mallet of Everlasting Flame), and they give a lot more currency.

2f003a8b32d266d81ed32d182a7cd2f0.jpg

Skip a lot of underwater stuff until you find the trident that lets you breathe underwater.

Remember that you get the bonuses from a second weapon equipped.

Play the game on Hard with level scaling set to -2. That's a good mix imo of a) feeling like you're getting some benefit from all your XP against mobs, and b) keeping the 1-1 fights againts mercs and bosses interesting.

Take your time, to not burn out.

The ship has extra storage.

Don't waste your resources upgrading gear until much later in the game. Just keep equipping the new stuff you find.

The expansion pass is well worth it.

mickcenary

Oct 27, 2017
Friends, I'm at level 21 – just finished doing shit for Hippocrates – and the game is wearing thin. I've got all the abilities that tickle my fancy, and tbh the only thing keeping me going is loot (also wearing thin). Does the formula change up much? I've read the main quest ends around level 38-40, which makes me want to hang up the boots now and move on.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Friends, I'm at level 21 – just finished doing shit for Hippocrates – and the game is wearing thin. I've got all the abilities that tickle my fancy, and tbh the only thing keeping me going is loot (also wearing thin). Does the formula change up much? I've read the main quest ends around level 38-40, which makes me want to hang up the boots now and move on.
No, the formula doesn't change at all. Not sure if that's when the main quests end, as I was far above that level by then anyway since I loved the core gameplay loop. From what you're saying, I doubt more time will change your mind.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
So I just reached Athens and so far my gameplay loop has been:

- Following the main story - Get to a new area and explore around and then do the story mission in new area.

Will the main story take me to all of the locations? What is the best order to do the story in? Family questline first and then the cultist storyline?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Leveling after hitting 50 is near impossible

Is there a max amount of contracts that can be held at one time?

Is there any way to level faster? I'm not trying to power level or anything but it's depressing when I complete a major quest and 100% a few locations and I only get like an 8th of a level.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just reached Athens and so far my gameplay loop has been:

- Following the main story - Get to a new area and explore around and then do the story mission in new area.

Will the main story take me to all of the locations? What is the best order to do the story in? Family questline first and then the cultist storyline?

Do the main quest, then cultists then the third story arch. I don't want to spoil it if you haven't found it yet, but there is a third arch.

The game will not take you to EVERY location on the map, it's huge. But if you do all 3 quest lines you will see a good amount of the game world by default.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Leveling after hitting 50 is near impossible

Is there a max amount of contracts that can be held at one time?

Is there any way to level faster? I'm not trying to power level or anything but it's depressing when I complete a major quest and 100% a few locations and I only get like an 8th of a level.
No secret, just keep handing in contracts. I think my character is about the equivalent of level 150 now. Not sure. I have dozens of mastery points, which you get for each level after 99.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
No secret, just keep handing in contracts. I think my character is about the equivalent of level 150 now. Not sure. I have dozens of mastery points, which you get for each level after 99.
You actually start getting mastery points earlier, I think after getting the spear upgrade that lets you unlock tier 3 active abilities.

Also holy christ I hope Valhalla has less long animation locks for abilities. Like max level hero strike and max level adrenaline gain thing take sooooo long. In addition to the finishers just a single skirmish takes like 20 seconds longer than it should.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
You actually start getting mastery points earlier, I think after getting the spear upgrade that lets you unlock tier 3 active abilities.

Also holy christ I hope Valhalla has less long animation locks for abilities. Like max level hero strike and max level adrenaline gain thing take sooooo long. In addition to the finishers just a single skirmish takes like 20 seconds longer than it should.
What settings are you using? I always recommend level scaling to -2 to make the regular enemies less spongy, and difficulty on Hard to keep mercs and bosses interesting.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What settings are you using? I always recommend level scaling to -2 to make the regular enemies less spongy, and difficulty on Hard to keep mercs and bosses interesting.
I think just -1 and hard difficulty, the problem isn't that enemies are spongey, the problem is the animations themselves for the hero strike and adrenaline fury ability are needlessly long

Last edited:

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
I finally tried the Discovery Tour, and it's really nice. It even goes into details that you don't necessarily find on wikipedia. Of course, there are few people who are really going to go all the way, but the initiative alone is interesting.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I just scanned the map again.

I just spotted a chunk. I'm off to Marathon Beach..

That was it.

I had all the little stuff. But that chunk. I would have eventually found it, as I started inspecting any "?" cluster.

Off to under water stuff.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the Judgment of Atlantis DLC now and I'd like to finish that up soon so I can chill until Valhalla arrives in a few weeks.

Do I have to do the quests for the 5 pieces of Dikastes Armor and the quest to craft all 3 special Adamant weapons to progress the story or are these optional?

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently playing through this game for the second time, this time on PS4 and with DLC, and it's just such a delight (even if the game has some shortcomings).
Just the world, the atmosphere, the characters - it's all like a warm, fuzzy blanket.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping

Ending spoiler
Is this really it? is the ending really Alexios and the other guy do friendly wrestle? family happy? really??????

Worst ending of this gen if true

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So just finished the base game and free dlc after around 100 hours. I enjoyed the journey a lot but the ending was weak. I enjoyed the boss fights, they were no souls bosses but at least took a bit more effort than fighting anyone else in the game.

The atlantis dlc is on sale right now for 10 quid but I think I'm done. The ending left a sour taste especially the stuff with atlantis in the base game. I just absolutely hate any of the stuff that just isn't to do with historical or mythology stuff. I started doing the dlc teaser quest and the moment I was in a tomb as Layla I thought fuck this I'm good. It actually puts me off Valhalla. I just can't stand the overarching modern day shit.

Still Kass was great absolutely loved her character.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So just finished the base game and free dlc after around 100 hours. I enjoyed the journey a lot but the ending was weak. I enjoyed the boss fights, they were no souls bosses but at least took a bit more effort than fighting anyone else in the game.

The atlantis dlc is on sale right now for 10 quid but I think I'm done. The ending left a sour taste especially the stuff with atlantis in the base game. I just absolutely hate any of the stuff that just isn't to do with historical or mythology stuff. I started doing the dlc teaser quest and the moment I was in a tomb as Layla I thought fuck this I'm good. It actually puts me off Valhalla. I just can't stand the overarching modern day shit.

Still Kass was great absolutely loved her character.
It sounds like you've made up your mind, but fwiw the expansions are excellent, especially the second one. The first expansion is just more of the same in the base game world. The second has three all new environments to explore, some new mechanics (not much admittedly) and an interesting story. It's a lot of content for the price.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It sounds like you've made up your mind, but fwiw the expansions are excellent, especially the second one. The first expansion is just more of the same in the base game world. The second has three all new environments to explore, some new mechanics (not much admittedly) and an interesting story. It's a lot of content for the price.

So I decided to buy the fates of atlantis dlc since I didn't want to start a new game before demon's souls on Thursday and it was on sale.

The first is beautiful, looks great but damn the traversal of this area sucks. I appreciate them trying to do something different with so much verticality but I'm just finding it so unfun to explore, especially combined with all the rivers.

Are all three of the worlds like this?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So I decided to buy the fates of atlantis dlc since I didn't want to start a new game before demon's souls on Thursday and it was on sale.

The first is beautiful, looks great but damn the traversal of this area sucks. I appreciate them trying to do something different with so much verticality but I'm just finding it so unfun to explore, especially combined with all the rivers.

Are all three of the worlds like this?
No. The second area is beautiful and easy to navigate. The third area can be quite confusing to find things in the center of the map but getting around is easy enough. iirc, the first area is padded out because you have to do some busy work to advance to the next area, but the other areas don't have that.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
Can I ask a question of AC vets please. I think I'm about 15 hours into this. In Origins, there were bows that were effectively rapid fire machine guns. They made bows really valid options in medium range combat. So far in this I've seen nothing like that. Are the quick fire bows a thing of the past?

Also the combat feels really unsatisfying so far - hammer light until they flash, then counter. Enemies are damage sponges despite doing my best to level up. Any tips for getting the most out of combat?