• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
So wait i dont get it, if you decide

to kill Monger, then the game fucks you up indefinitely? Because i tried to save Lagos but no matter what i am fucked...

Way to harsh if you ask me and i dont even get the point of a dialogue option apart from the game wanting to rub it in your face.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

to kill Monger, then the game fucks you up indefinitely? Because i tried to save Lagos but no matter what i am fucked...

Way to harsh if you ask me and i dont even get the point of a dialogue option apart from the game wanting to rub it in your face.

If it's what I think you're asking about...

It's the method with which you kill the Monger that fucks you over. If you kill him in the cave and don't publicize the death, you're fine. But if you follow the hetaerae's suggestions and kill him in public, that's when you get screwed.

Egypt seemed like a longshot for a good while, too.

Oh, I think it's more that feudal Japan is just gonna be kinda played out as a setting by the time they could get to it with Nioh, Sekiro, and Tsushima all being active franchises at the same time.

Ubisoft would be better served not trying to dip their toes into that water until it's calmed down a bit. Something in Southeast Asia would likely be easier to stand out with.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
The cultist system is a nice idea but lacking in presentation ...

I wish cultists had some unique lines of dialogue when around them or during combat. And the sages could've used a white room cutscene. In the end , Origins' targets were much more memorable ...

Here they're just glorified NPCs.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yup. And the negative consequences of that decision will continue even further in the game.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Loving the game. Two questions:

Does Macedonia play any role in the main quest?

Also, how much further left after you go to Olympia as part of the story?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So last night, I made it to...

Atlantis and met Pythagoras, and now I have a third "branch" of the main storyline to worry about. I have yet to follow Myrrine back to Sparta, so about how much of the story do I have left? Do I have to do all three branches for the full ending?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So last night, I made it to...

Atlantis and met Pythagoras, and now I have a third "branch" of the main storyline to worry about. I have yet to follow Myrrine back to Sparta, so about how much of the story do I have left? Do I have to do all three branches for the full ending?

I didn't finish culling the cultists until after I finished the main game, so that doesn't really effect the ending. And the Atlantis stuff doesn't actually go for too long. I got the Plat at about 89 hours, but that included a lot of running around exploring, as well as sidequests and other distractions. If you were to just focus on the main quests, you still have a decent chunk of game left.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't finish culling the cultists until after I finished the main game, so that doesn't really effect the ending. And the Atlantis stuff doesn't actually go for too long. I got the Plat at about 89 hours, but that included a lot of running around exploring, as well as sidequests and other distractions. If you were to just focus on the main quests, you still have a decent chunk of game left.

Cool. I think my playtime counter was at 39 hours or so and I'm at level 34, so I feel like I've already played a lot.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol the romance stuff in this game is so awful and forced. You've got this massive world and a game that lasts for 100 hours, why are they in such a rush to tell a story and get you into bed with someone?

Kyra is talking about love and all that but we met not even a full hour ago!

Her entire story line doesn't last much longer than that either since it mostly revolves around the same nation power meter that's on every island. Don't be so afraid to let relationships develop over the course of a 50+ hour journey.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
lol the romance stuff in this game is so awful and forced. You've got this massive world and a game that lasts for 100 hours, why are they in such a rush to tell a story and get you into bed with someone?

Her entire story line doesn't last much longer than that either since it mostly revolves around the same nation power meter that's on every island. Don't be so afraid to let relationships develop over the course of a 50+ hour journey.

The romances seem to all be throwaway things, in my experience Kass doesn't view any of them as lasting or important. Just treat it like the fling it is and it's not nearly as offputting.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My quest menu is a goddamn mess. All the cultist branches, all the animal hunts...I'm glad you can collapse those "tabs" but it's still a lot to scroll through.

Yeah, early on I spent some time trying to clear it up, but gave up eventually because you end up with a lot of quests you can't complete until much later.

I don't even look at anything outside of the main story questline except if I'm actively on a regional/character mission (or actively on one of the quests from the third major branch).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even look at anything outside of the main story questline except if I'm actively on a regional/character mission (or actively on one of the quests from the third major branch).

The problem is that the cultist stuff appears at the top of the list for me so I always have to scroll past that to get to the other main quests.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
45 hours in and the end of the main quest-line still feels far away, for reference Origins took me about 35 hours and Horizon ZD just under 25.
My quest menu is a goddamn mess. All the cultist branches, all the animal hunts...I'm glad you can collapse those "tabs" but it's still a lot to scroll through.
This is an issue for me as well, the quests are very well organized on the menu but there's just so many of them.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
For what it's worth: I'm 90 hours in and still only halfway through the story.

Another thing I just discovered: when you unlock the second ability wheel, you can assign the same ability to both wheels. For example I have one "Ranged/Evade wheel" which has (clockwise, from the top) Venomous Attacks, Vanish, Slow Time and Second Wind assigned to it, and another "Melee wheel" which has (clockwise, from the top) Venomous Weapons, Hero Strike, Spartan Kick and Second Wind assigned to it.

Before this I would always have scramble to swap back to the other wheel to activate Second Wind whenever I was in melee mode, which has meant my death a few times. So this is a big help.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The romances seem to all be throwaway things, in my experience Kass doesn't view any of them as lasting or important. Just treat it like the fling it is and it's not nearly as offputting.

It feels like a product of having so many studios on one game and to be fair I've had that complaint about most ACs since they expanded to that crazy size. So many things in the games feel so disjointed like they were placed there by different people who didn't converse with each other at all. They just did their part and glued it on to the overall board and the next person did the same.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I get that there's probably a story/design reason for why they don't want to give you a shield with a spear in this game but at the same time, just put it in, sheesh.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

This is one of the things I wish they put a bit more effort into. I understand they're just short and sweet little side stories but I was hoping for something more meaningful and lasting across the full game ala The Witcher or Bioware games.

I just treat them all as flings and it makes more sense that way. Overall not a huge detriment for me but just something that would have been nice to be more fleshed out.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Yupp, 1.05 made the game run worse for me. The Ubi forums and getting slammed with people saying the same. Why the fuck are they breaking this game?!

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Everytime i do a night raid in a camp or fort i always bush assassinate a guard who pulls out a torch lighting me and said bush on fire

Yeah it's a bit hilarious how easily and fast everything catches fire. I've set myself on fire several times in tombs while lighting braziers or moving obstacles.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm about 20 hours in Odyssey. Enjoying it so far.

In what ways is Odyssey an improvement, or (worse) than Origins in your opinion? (I never played Origins)

Odyssey is a bigger (huge!) game with a lot more moving pieces (mercenaries, skill trees, regional/character/challenge quests, conquests, naval stuff). There's just so much content, both in terms of main plotlines (of which there are three!) and side stories. It's a sprawling game with a lot to see and do, but Kassandra/Alexios isn't well defined and the assassination targets are pretty generic.

Origins is smaller (but still larger than most open-world games) and far more focused on the main character (Bayek) and his relationships, while giving each of the assassination targets a lot of personality and development. I also prefer the setting and the pyramids/tombs/first-civ-vaults. Everything comes together in a more coherent package, but there's much less content outside the main story and the pyramids/tombs/first-civ-vaults (just generic bonus quests/markers).

I liked Origins much more (Bayek and his relationships -- as well as the villains -- were some of the best in gaming), but Odyssey is probably the better game for most people.

Last edited:

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
I just did this fort last night! Got caught also. With the leader and his entourage roaming the grounds I can see why people might want the rain of arrows skill (though I don't have that skill unlocked). There was a merc right outside the fort that would come in every now and again to check it out, but that merc never saw me. After I cleared the fort he (I think it was he) probably couldn't believe it, he was probably wondering just what was going on in there!

(aside: you did this fort but haven't been to Athens yet? Wow!)
Nice! Just after this fort is when i headed to Athens finally :p

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 20 hours in Odyssey. Enjoying it so far.

In what ways is Odyssey an improvement, or (worse) than Origins in your opinion? (I never played Origins)

+ Story, presentation and side characters are very much improved, Origins story was good but the presentation was incredibly disjointed and kind of a mess. Im not done with Odyssey but hopefully it doesn't fall apart like Origins did.
+ Better writing and better side quests
+ Alexios is a better character than Bayek and is better suited to the story. I liked Bayek but some of the stuff you have to do int he story as him is questionable to his charatcer.
+ More options to knock people out instead of kill them
+ Loot system is improved by having separate pieces of armor
+ Bow system is improved by having only one bow but different skills attached to it
+ Combat animations look slightly less janky but still janky overall
+ World is huge even compared to Origins which was already huge

* Skill streamlining is neither improved or a drastic step back, it's just different...someways better and someways not

- Performance is slightly worse than Origins on X1X
- I liked the daily quest stuff in Origins better, could purchase a loot box with normal game currency in Origins
- I enjoyed the vast open desert in Origins..havent seen anything similar like that in Odyssey, though I suppose the oceans in Odyssey are the equivalent...haven't really dove down to explore them.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony really should let people roll back patches in the future. My game was running perfectly, but I downloaded the newest patch earlier today and now it's glitchy as all hell.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over the underwater environments in this game. With most games you're lucky to get some rocks and seaweed, but every time I dive I'm stunned to find a landscape just as full of life and pleasing to the eye as anything above water. Sunken ruins, rock formations, underwater forests, and so much sea life. The first time I dived I immediately wandered into a school of rays and turtles and hundreds of fish and I was just floored.

I love the attention to detail in general, but underwater really stands out. Probably because most games just ignore it altogether.

You know, I get that there's probably a story/design reason for why they don't want to give you a shield with a spear in this game but at the same time, just put it in, sheesh.

I was disappointed with the shield removal. I get it, with the way they did parry, but I'm always a sword and board kinda player over two-hander or dual-wield. It's definitely an aspect that I like better in Origins.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Sony really should let people roll back patches in the future. My game was running perfectly, but I downloaded the newest patch earlier today and now it's glitchy as all hell.

It's a stuttery mess on X now. It wasn't perfect before but now it's running like shit. I'm so pissed. There really does need to be something in place when devs break games after release.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just encountered Eppie and started his first quest. As an archaeologist myself, he's already my favorite NPC in the game. Dude knows what's up.

"Knowing where we come from tells us where we are headed."

200.gif

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just assassinated the nation leader of Boeotia and was spotted by everyone in the fort. Killed everyone, recruited all three mercenaries coming for me (they arrived about a minute after the other, giving me plenty of time to deal with each one seperately). After that I decided to go on a killing spree and murder every Spartan I came across just to raise my bounty level to the max.

It's shocking how much you can get away with at night. I killed my way through town and hardly anybody noticed. In the end the person who issued the bounty stood in the middle of the street and I simply ran past him while slicing his throat, the civilians around him not giving a damn (maybe the newest patch did solve at least one thing?). And gone was my tier 5 bounty.

Also the first time I did a running assassination in this game. I had no idea those worked so smoothly.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Think I'm about 63 hours in now, Level 39.

Just reached Paros in the story, so Chapter 6-ish I think.

All of these at 100% complete:
  • Attica,
  • Kephallonia,
  • Phokis,
  • Malis,
  • Lokris,
  • Megaris,
  • Euboea,
  • Skyros,
  • Andros
  • Keos
  • Seriphos
  • Hydrea
  • Melos
  • Korinthia
  • Argolis
  • Naxos
I put a lot more points in to the Assassin tree about 5-10 hours ago and I've been having a great time. I was initially a Hunter build with Warrior elements but decided to build up my Assassin tree as I just wasn't doing enough damage when trying to silently take out Forts and kept alerting the guards.

Haven't really looked back since then, the Rush Assassination is absolutely incredible. It makes me feel like Noctis again and is just an absolute joy every time I use it, it just never gets old taking out a group of guards with it, absolutely amazing.

I've found myself saving points until I get the next upgrade as I want Level 3 Predator arrows, Critical Assassinations and Rush Assassinations and don't really know what else to spend them on at the moment.

Oct 25, 2017

Every time a new person joins the Love Boat crew, half the fun is imagining all their conversations of why they joined up and all realizing they have the same damn story.

Last edited:

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Think I'm about 63 hours in now, Level 39.

Just reached Paros in the story, so Chapter 6-ish I think.

All of these at 100% complete:
  • Attica,
  • Kephallonia,
  • Phokis,
  • Malis,
  • Lokris,
  • Megaris,
  • Euboea,
  • Skyros,
  • Andros
  • Keos
  • Seriphos
  • Hydrea
  • Melos
  • Korinthia
  • Argolis
  • Naxos
I put a lot more points in to the Assassin tree about 5-10 hours ago and I've been having a great time. I was initially a Hunter build with Warrior elements but decided to build up my Assassin tree as I just wasn't doing enough damage when trying to silently take out Forts and kept alerting the guards.

Haven't really looked back since then, the Rush Assassination is absolutely incredible. It makes me feel like Noctis again and is just an absolute joy every time I use it, it just never gets old taking out a group of guards with it, absolutely amazing.

I've found myself saving points until I get the next upgrade as I want Level 3 Predator arrows, Critical Assassinations and Rush Assassinations and don't really know what else to spend them on at the moment.
Are timed Quests required to 100% a region?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
when were the DLCs coming out again? December-February for the first one (3 episodes monthly) and then "spring" for the Atlantis one?