• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
So if you get Epic/Legendary gear while leveling up, is it a good idea to hold on to them until you hit the level cap then upgrade them to level 50 at the Blacksmith?

I think I actually dismantled a piece. Will I get it again later on?

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The quests where you have to protect the NPC are sooooo bad. Enemies spawn on them and wreck their shit before you can do anything lol.
Yeah, I've had troubles in those quests too. It seems that the NPC is supposed to run from the scene, but it's random and most of the time they just stay there and fight instead. When the NPC actually run away, the quests becomes a breeze.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm level 10 and just got a legendary item. Is it worth upgrading or should I just abandon it when I come across a rare or common that is significantly better?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't know who any of those people are anymore. I've been top mercenary for a while now. I just kill them without paying attention to names lol.
Oh, right, they disappear from the merc screen after a while. I wish they would add a separate screen with a list of mercenaries you killed, together with their profiles. For someone like me, who never has a bounty and hardly ever fight mercenaries, they're still special kills (or recruits).

The one I was referring to was Dido the Marksman and she awarded Achilles's Bow, which had that engraving on it. I first encountered her in Phokis when I was still level 10 or so, while she was level 20 and walked around with a lion. After that I could see her travel around the map and I would sometimes bump into her during my travels. It's silly, but I was kind of a fan of her, haha. She was the badass hunter I also aspired to be at that point in the game.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm level 10 and just got a legendary item. Is it worth upgrading or should I just abandon it when I come across a rare or common that is significantly better?
Abandon it. The better the quality of the item, the more it will cost to upgrade it. The drachmae aren't even the problem: it's the hides, ore and wood you need. I'm currently level 21 and if I want to upgrade my level 16 epic (purple) hood, I will need 130 ore and 265 hides, plus some obsidian glass and 2500 drachmae. Those resources are better spent on things like ship upgrades.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So playing around with the HDR settings and brightness, it seems the game looks better and less washed out if I turn down the brightness about two steps from the default and raise it to 1500 nits. Definitely made that opening Leonadis battle look a ton better, which is just way too bright and washed out at default settings.

Except now I sometimes think the daytime gameplay looks too dark if it's in the shadows? Don't know if the game's suppose to look like that. What kind of settings are people using for their HDR?

I havent been able to find a good setting either. Its either too dark or too bright. Daytime during the rain looks especially garbage if youre doing the bright thing.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like the slowdown of your horse in towns. It would be one thing if it were just populated areas but it's even areas adjacent to towns and forts. I can ride up a straight, wide road, with nobody on it, but because it's within site of a fort, I have to do it at a canter.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I havent been able to find a good setting either. Its either too dark or too bright. Daytime during the rain looks especially garbage if youre doing the bright thing.

Yeah, i'm at the point where I'm seriously considering if I should just give up and turn off HDR, lol. But when it looks good, like that opening 300 night battle properly adjusted, it looks really damn good; the darkness and illumination, the fire, the lightning flashing the screen.

deim0s

Oct 25, 2017
So if you get Epic/Legendary gear while leveling up, is it a good idea to hold on to them until you hit the level cap then upgrade them to level 50 at the Blacksmith?

I think I actually dismantled a piece. Will I get it again later on?

You can't dismantle legendaries.

It's ok to use gear within two levels, up or down. But if you really liked that epic, go ahead. You can collect mats throughout the game.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
"So misthios you need to meet my contact at the port with utmost secrecy, no one can know you were around here"

"'kay" and then I call an unicorn which leaves a sparkling trail

Why people hire my character again. Before the end of the day I will be doing a mission for their enemies anyway

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, I can't individually toggle map icons? Boooooo.

Undiscovered location icons are ruining the supposed freeform exploration mode for me, because they are almost always exactly where I I need to go.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been told there's a big level jump in main quests from 25 to the low 30's or something but I guess I won't run into that problem: I'm already level 33 after wrapping up the Mykonos quests and just exploring other islands lol.

Honestly gaining XP is so easy in the game. I regularly do forts, caves, houses, kill leaders etc as I come across them. XP racks up quick.

Agree with this 100%. I'm at level 20 after completing five regions. I would say that im averaging a level every 2 hours or so which isn't bad at all considering that im mostly on foot and collecting all the collectables.

Oct 25, 2017
So playing around with the HDR settings and brightness, it seems the game looks better and less washed out if I turn down the brightness about two steps from the default and raise it to 1500 nits. Definitely made that opening Leonadis battle look a ton better, which is just way too bright and washed out at default settings.

Except now I sometimes think the daytime gameplay looks too dark if it's in the shadows? Don't know if the game's suppose to look like that. What kind of settings are people using for their HDR?
I have the brightness one tick above the minimum and then 1700/210 or something like that. Lowering the brightness is definitely a must, the rest just depends on yout tv.

Briar36

Nov 27, 2017
Manhattan
So I was clearing out Daidalos Armory in Messara and I found
a blue thing in a pillar but nothing showed up when in picked it up.

I'm assuming this is something for later, but I want to make sure I haven't messed up by picking it up before I was supposed to. Can someone tell me without spoiling anything?

Oct 25, 2017
what are the 'quality of life' improvements 1.03 added?
That I've seen so far:
- Item images now have an icon on them if they're engraved.
- Buying/Selling now completes faster at merchants.
- Storage chest added to ship.
- Orichalcum now properly appears in your alerts when you recieve some.
- Max number of arrows you can carry increases every 10 levels, capping out at 70 (35 for special arrows).

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I've been told there's a big level jump in main quests from 25 to the low 30's or something but I guess I won't run into that problem: I'm already level 33 after wrapping up the Mykonos quests and just exploring other islands lol.

Honestly gaining XP is so easy in the game. I regularly do forts, caves, houses, kill leaders etc as I come across them. XP racks up quick.

Yeah I think it was blown way out of proportion, I'm leveling up like crazy and it is a blast to do.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The way XP is given out in this game is fucking odd. Ive killed single people on a contract and got 10k but if i clear out a leaders house, I get less than 4?

But yeah, will second that there is no way you will have a problem with leveling if you visit all the islands. Honestly, the side quests are way better than they have any right to be.

Also this has to be a contender for most badass cutscene all year.

This alone justifies playing as Alexios.

Oct 25, 2017
i'm feeling the problem i have with the last one... 20+hrs in, the game kinda showed its hand already.

Needs new enemy types?

I know the game has some mythical bosses, hope those aren't too late game like in origins.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
Feel like legendary gear (not weapons) are severely underbudgeted. Even the set bonuses feel underwhelming on most of the pieces I've seen. Seems like an even level epic is much better with that 3rd modifier for min/maxing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
how do i make my crew all female?

for the Xenia quests.
do i really need to get 15k drachmae? how tf am i supposed to get all that?
You'll get some new quests that open up on the island right after you admit to not having that much money.

You can also just do side quests outside of that to get enough.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
That's odd. When I get close to a new region and the points of interest start popping up, the game immediately makes the distinction between question marks and sync points. For example, this is what I see in regions I haven't actually explored yet, just sailed past:

acod_syncpoints37dvj.jpg

There should be an "up" arrow next to the experience bar the menu screen. If you hover over the icon with the pointer it should tell you how big the boost is and how long the bonus lasts.
Thank you very much it's working. Still feels slow somehow :p

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is there no salvage all blues or lower button, or even a mark item->salvage all marked items thing.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I have some problems with the game, but still enjoy it. The fighting system feels absolutely powerless. The presentation is totally cheap, imo, same goes for the writing. And even with a huge map, the world feels totally small, because every place of interessest is so close to the other.
World just feels not "authentic".

It is somehow still enjoyable.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like legendary gear (not weapons) are severely underbudgeted. Even the set bonuses feel underwhelming on most of the pieces I've seen. Seems like an even level epic is much better with that 3rd modifier for min/maxing.
I agree. It's kind of a bummer. I suppose on the one hand, the epic item has to roll affixes you WANT, which is random, whereas Legendaries are guaranteed their affixes, although those may or may not to your liking. Another aspect is that legendary affixes roll HIGHER, but it's only by a small margin. Ultimately, even with their set stats and higher value affixes, that missing affix still feels like a huge weakness to me.

Yea this game really has the best fight choreography out of any AC game. Super impressive.

Also, geez Era, this thread almost has as many pages as the Origins OT and it's only been a week.
We do have the benefit of a larger membership now. I'm pleased it seems to be doing so well. All the interest makes the thread more fun!

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Concerning the Mykonos subplot with Kyra and the rebels,
was there a way to romance her and not have her man friend attack me at the end? I I was forced to kill him, then told her the truth at the party and she was pissed and wanted nothing else to do with me. Feelsbadman

I'm wondering if things would have changed if I just went to her and ignored him before heading to the party...

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I have the option to go to Athens or explore a million islands. Should I go now or later? I'm mainly interested in cult members and tombs.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Concerning the Mykonos subplot with Kyra and the rebels,
was there a way to romance her and not have her man friend attack me at the end? I I was forced to kill him, then told her the truth at the party and she was pissed and wanted nothing else to do with me. Feelsbadman

I'm wondering if things would have changed if I just went to her and ignored him before heading to the party...

From what I can tell, there is no way to romance her and not have to kill the other guy. I lied and she believed me and was happy. Also I found if you kill the leader right away it kinda messes up the story.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what I can tell, there is no way to romance her and not have to kill the other guy. I lied and she believed me and was happy. Also I found if you kill the leader right away it kinda messes up the story.

i romanced kyra and He is alive and kicking in my playthrough, i had another quest with him, i asked to sleep with him and kyra as reward but he refused *sob*

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I have some problems with the game, but still enjoy it. The fighting system feels absolutely powerless. The presentation is totally cheap, imo, same goes for the writing. And even with a huge map, the world feels totally small, because every place of interessest is so close to the other.
World just feels not "authentic".

It is somehow still enjoyable.
Disagree on every single point, but to each their own.
At least you still enjoy it to some extent:)