• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I mostly use Devastating Shot from the Hunter tree, alongside Arrow Master for Paralyzing Arrows, Rain of Destruction to kill groups, and of course Archery Master for the passive bonuses. I also got gear with +20% bonuses to Spread Shot and Predator shot, so I also invested a point in those. Haven't used them much, though, as Devastating Shot usually gets the job done just fine.

I wish Beast Master was more permanent. You can't take any tamed beast with you on the ship for example. Feels like a missed opportunity, especially when you see all those mercenaries wander around with permanent combat pets.

Khalid030

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Quest failed because some Spartan fucker saw my Athenian quest giver and thought it was cool to gang up on him with 5 other Spartans -_-"

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm only level 16 but I'm already afraid of getting overleveled. I haven't even been that thorough in doing everything but EXP just keeps raining on me

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought it. Damn you Resetera impressions.

Rare for me to get tided over, but I haven't seen such enthusiasm for a AC game since BF, which I loved.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Did anyone get the Twitch Prime Loot yet?

I've linked my uplay account to twitch and the pack has been activated but it doesn't show up in my game. When I want to open the store or whatever it is it in the game it says that it can't connect (PC)

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Did you take the passive to increase assassin damage? Crit Assassination and Hero Strike are probably the best skills in the tree. Poison also helps because the debuff reduces enemy damage and armour when you engage in open combat. Good hunter skills include Devastating shot, multishot and the Hunter damage passive. Your gear also determines how much damage you do, so if you're specced into Assassin Damage through your gear, but try to engage in open combat and use Warrior skills, they'll have lower damage as compared to just silently taking everyone out. I usually concentrate on a mix of assassin and hunter damage on my gear. Basically,

1. Prioritize two trees at the max.
2. Use gear that provides damage boost to your favoured trees.
3. Play as per the spec you've created using step 1 and 2.

Yeah, this has been my experience till now as well. All of my gear is underleveled. Armour values are really meaningless in this game, even for Warrior spec, imo. Dodging and Parrying have such generous windows, I can't think anyone going purely warrior would get hit more than a couple of times in a fight.
I did yeah, of course I can't expect to kill all polemarch in one shot naturally, crit shot can take down most lower rank captain in one go if I recall well. But yeah I'll tweak some pieces, thanks for the advices.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
For people having issues with the boar boss, make sure you have the health recovery unlock and try it one level above rather than at level. Makes it way easier.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand those who claim the game is grindy. I'm at 23 hours of gameplay, and I'm level 26. Never reached a wall.

I think it's the people that rush through the story and don't explore, it's also from people not even having played the game. They just echo what the headlines say.

Feb 10, 2018
I think it's the people that rush through the story and don't explore, it's also from people not even having played the game. They just echo what the headlines say.

Yeah, I guess, but clearly, the game is meant for you to do a bunch of stuff between each story mission. There's so much to do, it's not as if it was lacking in XP to get. I cleared an area just now, it gave me 10 000 XP !

And if you play the game in a straight line, well, you're missing it. The places are gorgeous and the missions quite varied.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
It's an RPG/looter, so some grinding is to be expected. Still, the campaign and side stories are meaty enough that it's pretty easy to ignore the leveling/grinding aspects if you want.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Just staarted. Been playing on hard. Was super struggligg on that Cyclops boss fight and the bounty hunter turned up as well.

Fortunately, I just discovered you can cheese the combat system by dragging enemies up on top of cliffs and kicking them off to kill them via fall damage }:]

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really liking the Mykonos / Delos twin islands questline, but I feel like I'm doing a lot of juggling between both sides quests and delaying of quests in order to be able to do all of them, and for the first time it doesnt feel organic, although to be fair, that's on me, not the game.

Like, I could have killed
Podarkes ages ago, hell I didnt even need Kyra or the Spartan's sidequests to lower the island forces, I had already done it, so I'm just doing quests for both because, well I want to see them, but at the same time I'm afraid doing one side will lock the other (so far it hasnt), and obviously I'm afraid if I do the quest to kill Podarkes, it would lock both sides and end there.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
With the aggressive level scaling you can't overlevel in this game.

Yeah you can.
I got to a point where I was 5 levels above the main story and those areas only gave me lower level loot. Only the story quests gave me loot that was close to my level. Right now killing mercs is the only thing that is giving me same level loot, and even they have become easy for me to kill.
This is from me just doing side quests and whatever else I feel like doing. I guess that's called "grinding" to some, but I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute I've spent in the game.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Mmm when you get that dive jump the game gets 30% more badass.

Just discovered Athens, I really need to start getting back on track with the main story.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Land of the Lawless quest:

- Go there
- Burn some stuff
- Done
- A f guy appears from nowhere
- A f epic non-sense battle begins
- "WTF is going on" in my mind...

Some quests are totally out of place and was poorly executed... That's what I realized so far!!!!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Story wise, how far am I if I just did the
3 zones to get the 3 clues about your mom's whereabouts?

Give or take (no need for hour counts because I'm doing everything else also, im just curious)

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
There's something really janky and lovable about the over exagurated animations and awful accents.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'm lvl 23 and I barely upgraded the spear

Someone save me from myself and exploring other places

Still cool walking into boetia (why is it a high lvl zone surrounded by low level zones anyway) and killing some wolves and a soldier that were pretty much 15ish levels above me after a mighty struggle because they caught me running away on my horse. "Can't beat anyone higher than you" my arse.

Went around the salty land, they spent a lot of the budget on kassandras animation when talking to
the horny blacksmith from supideos quest
geez.

Also I fucking hate any and every "go retrieve this sunken loot/kill these sharks" mission, they never point where the fuck i am supposed to go or search for

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Rare for me to get tided over, but I haven't seen such enthusiasm for a AC game since BF, which I loved.

Same. Bought it last night, turned off my "X" to let it download. Been busy today so far, but will jump into it later tonight. Been combing this thread for a week or so and all the positive comments got to me. Can't wait to jump into the game.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
:)
fiscally_responsible.jpg

swimming

Oct 27, 2017

This place made me buy Origins and never have I regretted anything so hard (besides maybe my PUBG purchase). Absolutely hated it and couldn't get past the first hour. Never again. Patience pays off and it'll come in the form of RDR2 and also prolly this game for half price on Black Friday

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Story wise, how far am I if I just did the
3 zones to get the 3 clues about your mom's whereabouts?

Give or take (no need for hour counts because I'm doing everything else also, im just curious)
Iirc you are on chapter
5 out of 9 + "ending" , but not all chapters are the same length...
you are roughly halfway through.

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This place made me buy Origins and never have I regretted anything so hard (besides maybe my PUBG purchase). Absolutely hated it and couldn't get past the first hour. Never again. Patience pays off and it'll come in the form of RDR2 and also prolly this game for half price on Black Friday

How dare you. I can only assume you've been bought and paid for with Jim Sterling patreon money.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Maybe you should give a game more then an hour.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
fuck

snakes

actually just died to fucking snakes, hadnt died in ages lol

The animals can do hilarious amounts of damage. I bumped into a chicken which pissed it off and after chasing me down, pecked me for a quarter of my life bar. Then another quarter as I stared dumbfounded at my health dropping.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's insane that I've played this non-stop for the past two days and have been doing 95% side content. That never happens.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just hit level 16 and respecced for the thousandth time. My build, my damage numbers and part of Kassandra's abs for those who appreciate them:

level16_buildjkifl.jpg

level16_damagek4fsr.jpg

Star of the show is still Devastating Shot, but I've noticed most regular enemies only need a regular charged arrow to the head to die, which is where Multi-Shot comes in. This will hopefully enable me to stealthily clear entire areas at once instead having to lure every individual soldier out or wait for them to start their patrols again.

Hero Strike is another skill I haven't used yet, but may help greatly in taking down Polemarchs and the like, which are the only enemies I can't one-shot no matter what.

Vanish, Gear Master and Second Wind are there for whenever I can't avoid melee. I feel Gear Master is often overlooked in favor of offensive skills, but the damage reduction it offers is not be underestimated, especially at level 2.

My damage isn't even optimized yet as I'm still using level 13/14 weapons and even some level 12 gear. I may have to clear out some forts and kill/recruit mercenaries to hopefully get some good new stuff.