• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
The scaling is starting to piss me off. I just tried the first big battle, but got my butt kicked. Decided to do some side quests to get better gear and level up. After going up a level with much bettter gear I try it again. Surprise, we've levelled everything to be the exact same strength as you are now! So now it's just as hard as when I tried before. There seems to be no point in equipment strength or character levels. They might as well just have given you new abilities at level up and thrown out the rest of the RPG systems because they are meaningless.
Well the content that scales, only does so upwards. So this is bad news for people who want to become overpowered, but good news for everyone who wants to get relevant exp and loot, and also a relevant challenge.The RPG stuff really isn't meaningless it's just a gear treadmill.

This is good for me since scaling the world is boring, since you never get more powerful. But if nothing was scaling up, I'd be getting pitiful exp and gear from the main quest. At the same time Mercs/cults don't scale so you have that power gap, when you see a low tier merc who will avoid you.

Edit; actually I guess Mercs catch up to you if you keep killing the lower ones? Since tier 8 is now full of 20s and I'm level 24

Oct 25, 2017
Does odyssey have animals to fight again? Origins made me aware I apparently have a fear? I guess idk what to call it but the hippo and crocodile made me really really nervous I tried to avoid them as much as possible

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly are +X% warrior, Hunter, assassin damage perks? Does that just effect the damage of skills from those trees? It wouldn't have any effect on regular attack, right?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Was clearing out a fort and my game starting lagging hard. Would run fine for a second then pause for a few seconds and then run fine again for a second.

Had to restart the game for it to stop.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
So one of the riddles tells me to go the the valley of the snake to find a thing that points the way, I search for like 15 minutes and can't find it. Turns out the place I'm supposed to start the riddle be is like 400 feet east of the valley of snakes.

This was NOT a good riddle. The other ones have been pretty fun.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
What exactly are +X% warrior, Hunter, assassin damage perks? Does that just effect the damage of skills from those trees? It wouldn't have any effect on regular attack, right?

It affects all attacks of the given type AFAIK. Warrior affects all melee attacks, hunter all bow attacks and assassin your stealth attacks.

Oct 25, 2017
Hit level 20 in about 22 hours. Having a blast. Flipped Euboea to the Athenians and got so much stuff. About 10K gold and tons of resources and purple armour, but a few mercs joined that battle. It was tense.
Think I threw the Chimera skin on the ship and got the lady assassins as my crew, Evie and a bunch of hard hitters as lieutenants. Female shanty choir is pretty nice.
Do2hF6OU4AAnBz5.jpg

Do2hLY7VAAACbzc.jpg

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Yeah you can hover over the "Hunter", "Warrior", and "Assassin" and it gives some info, on PC at least. As others said, seems to me it affects all dmg .

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gooooooooooood graces some of the sidequests are effing fantastic...they took me by surprise.
Messaka and Lesbos have my favourites -so far- :)
...and not because lesbos... i will stop that sentence right there.

My Kassandra sees plenty of loving, perhaps more than killing now that i am properly stealthy, and that's good.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
damn, the story in odyssey is actually kind of interesting. I liked Bayek and Aya in Origns but the plot was boring af.

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HDR console folks (I'm on PS4): When setting Brightness, is your AC logo still visible even on the lowest setting? I feel like my HDR completely screws up brightness and color.

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
Was clearing out a fort and my game starting lagging hard. Would run fine for a second then pause for a few seconds and then run fine again for a second.

Had to restart the game for it to stop.
I had similar issue when I was trying to clear small pirate island. Game suddenly started running literally frame by frame. Couldn't do anything. Had to restart.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
For my next conquest battle, I have the option of attacking or defending, and thus helping either the Spartans or the Athenians. Besides the difficulty/reward for attacking/defending, does it matter which side I aide? Should I strive towards always helping one side or the other? Will it affect the ending or something? Both sides wants me dead and I haven't even seen anything from the Athenians point of view so it seems kinda shallow so far

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Bought it last night despite swearing I would wait for a sale in November. I've played around 6ish hours, level 9, and I love this game. Kass is terrific, my wife loves her because she's basically Wonder Woman lol. Going to be hard to top Bayek but its a great start.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
For my next conquest battle, I have the option of attacking or defending, and thus helping either the Spartans or the Athenians. Besides the difficulty/reward for attacking/defending, does it matter which side I aide? Should I strive towards always helping one side or the other? Will it affect the ending or something? Both sides wants me dead and I haven't even seen anything from the Athenians point of view so it seems kinda shallow so far

I don't think it matters. You will meet people from both sides of the conflict that you will like/dislike. I personally always side with the Spartans because they are dope

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
How do you deal with the enemies that have the red bag and dagger icon above them that give you a big bounty on your head if you kill them? Is the only way to get rid of them to knock them out? Or are there ways of killing them that don't increase your bounty?

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I really wish you could switch horses. These constant high pitched squeals it makes that seem to be mixed higher than all other sounds are driving me nuts.

I just stole a horse and it barely made any noise at all for the 5 minutes I was riding it around.

I was hoping buying a new skin may make it calm down, but it doesn't make a difference.

The only way to keep it somewhat quiet is to slowly release the stick to stop. If I just let the stick center to stop, I'm almost guaranteed a screeching neigh. The worst is trying to maneuver around a tight space. The horse won't shut up for the entire time.

I wonder if your initial choice of horse determines if it's constantly screeching or not...
I'm sorry that you have a noisy house bud, but this post made me chuckle at how inconvenient it all is. It's like you really have a temperamental horse that you're trying to figure out.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Enjoying the game and I'm really liking Kassandra as the main protagonist. The only thing that takes me out of the experience are the loading times. There have been a few missions where I've died and had to restart only to watch the cutscene leading up to the event over and over again. Add the loading time to that and you have me giving up in frustration.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry that you have a noisy house bud, but this post made me chuckle at how inconvenient it all is. It's like you really have a temperamental horse that you're trying to figure out.

Yeah it sucks! It would be funny if I could just buy a new one, but I'm stuck with this thing forever.

I've given up on using it, and only use a horse if I can find one in the world.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the first conquest and it said a quest was no longer available, not sure what it was. Has this happened to anyone else, have I missed anything worth reloading the save for?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Kassandra is an S-tier protagonist. So good.

I've played for about six hours. The game is really good, but finishing this feels like it's going to be a momumental task. There is soooooooo much stuff going on. Or at least that's how it feels at this point.

I just made a mental note that I will be playing this for a very long time and take it easy and not actively try to finish it.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm confused at how the bounty hunters work. I've killed a ton so far but the tiers don't seem to be getting done? Are they just randomly generated and replaced all the time?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
im minding my own business
i go up to the mountain to fight the giant god-pig
im fighting the pig
i hear the scary horn sound as a bunch of tiny pigs attack me
i turn around and see a mercenary approaching
tiny pigs attack the mercenary
mercenary kills all the baby pigs as i fight the god-pig
im about to strike the god-pig one last time, then the mercenary destroys the last sliver of health it had left with her axe
now its just me and her in this muddy arena littered with pig corpses
i fight her with my health in the red, barely half of a tiny bar of it left
i get the upper hand, knock her out with my sparta kick, and recruit her to my ship, because how the fuck could i not after all of that. shes a perfect fit

this game is actually amazing

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
So I went to Makedonya and passed like three regions on the way but didn't see a single side mission? What I liked about Origins is that you could travel high level places and collect all the side missions but do them later. This doesn't seem to work that way?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
How the hell does that bounty system make sense?

I had one, so I decided to take out the one who placed it on my head. Dude was in the middle of an Athenian fort, so I decided to sweep the place clean and complete an optional quest while I was at it. After I killed everyone (and cleared my bounty) only the commander remained because he was too strong to be one-shotted. He managed to call reinforcements (who arrived immediately of course) and lo and behold, a mercenary was with them. Apparently I had a bounty of my head again. I fought the reinforcements while trying to evade the mercenary, but what happened? A second merc arrived, meaning I gained another bounty level in the meantime. The worst part? The chump who issued it was miles away at the other side of the isthmus and couldn't possible know what's going on in a fort miles away from him.

Oct 27, 2017
Ah that's too bad. I was hoping there was a ladder to climb and you'd eventually face off against the best merc of all time or something.

Well actually that does kind of exist. Your rank is mostly determined by your level, but there's still one big ass level 50 dude in the #1 spot. I randomly walked by him, he was just chilling by some shrine. I didn't mess with him.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah that's too bad. I was hoping there was a ladder to climb and you'd eventually face off against the best merc of all time or something.
There is. If you defeat a merc ranked higher than you, you go up a rank. Lower tier mercs are just good for loot and experience. They keep getting refreshed and go up in rank themselves. A few who were in the same rank as me starting, have managed to keep going up, too.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
I just made a mental note that I will be playing this for a very long time and take it easy and not actively try to finish it.
This is clearly a game to luxuriate in.

I'm still on the starting island, but I like it much more than Origins already. They really went full RPG. Talking to people is actually interesting, very much unlike Origins.

I'm going to enjoy taking my time in ancient Greece.

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
wait, since when do you have to load your save when you die, if i do a fortress and have 4/5 objectives complete and i die im at 0/5 or am i misunderstanding?

WHY did they change this?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a hard time parrying enemies. I'm just not used to using shoulder buttons on the Xbox. Can the buttons be remapped to the triggers?

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused at how the bounty hunters work. I've killed a ton so far but the tiers don't seem to be getting done? Are they just randomly generated and replaced all the time?

If you kill a higher level bounty hunter then you should move up a space (and eventually move into new tiers). Defeated enemies will eventually be replaced though. So if you face off against a lower level merc then you won't move up.