• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which character are you playing as??

• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Kinda feel like there should be a tad more outrage at the whole, spend a hundred bucks to play the game on a Tuesday, move. Shit sucks. But whatever, guess I'll wait till Friday to play. I ain't dropping a bill on the game.

Also I asked on the third page but if anyone familiar with the game can say, is there an upgrade-able hub in the game? Like the homestead in AC3?

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't decide between PC or PS4 pro for this. I've got a Ryzen 5 2400g CPU, 8GB of RAM and a 6gb GTX 1060 so relatively decent - capable of 60 FPS in most games. However AC Origina ran like ass on it - so much stutter, blurry IQ and locking 60 FPS felt almost impossible. If this is the same I think I'd rather get it on PS4 Pro...

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you're not in a rush to play just wait till black Friday where every single time the AC games are nearly half off. Sometimes stores mess up and even put the gold editions up at that price.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Would you say theres more quest /side content variety compared to origins? Like a more usual rpg?
And hows the writing for main plot and just general character interactions?

Yeah, there's way more varied content this time around. I loved all the quests posted on boards in each islands - nothing feels tedious exept for the hunting. Character interaction is fluid mainly due to the dialogue systems implemented and writing is on the same level as Origins.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feel like there should be a tad more outrage at the whole, spend a hundred bucks to play the game on a Tuesday, move. Shit sucks. But whatever, guess I'll wait till Friday to play. I ain't dropping a bill on the game.
Every big game is doing this now, Forza Horizon 4's early access period is happening right now and requires you to buy the $100 version. I don't think people are too upset because these ultimate editions existed anyway and it just seems like a bonus.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Always wanted to visit Greece.

I completed the game yesterday, had so much fun with my time with it. Reviewing it for my site. Got any questions guys? I'm down to answer any spoiler free queries.

I know this isn't really a big thing but:

Does the game still have that rhythmic drum beat whilst sailing into battle? That was the best addition to ship combat in Origins.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I remember fuck you in ancient Greek, Ύπαγε γαμηθείναι.
22737.jpg

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I like the idea of Ancient Greece but this game will need killer reviews for me to touch it. Felt like Origins was a huge disappointment and this seems to go even further in a direction I hate. Can't stand choices/dialogue trees and open world level gating.

Eye balling the trophy list it looks about the same as Origins too, you don't have to do everything, but you have to go everywhere and still do plenty of stuff. Add in an even bigger world... shiver.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I like the idea of Ancient Greece but this game will need killer reviews for me to touch it. Felt like Origins was a huge disappointment and this seems to go even further in a direction I hate. Can't stand choices/dialogue trees and open world level gating.

Eye balling the trophy list it looks about the same as Origins too, you don't have to do everything, but you have to go everywhere and still do plenty of stuff. Add in an even bigger world... shiver.
You don't need to go everywhere to beat the game.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
how in depth is the sailing is this game? is it similar to black flag? and is the sailable world as large as black flag was?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
To platinum it it sure looks like it. You have to visit every sub region at the very least. Origins had a complete every location trophy and it ended up being the second rarest trophy in the game because of how big the damn map was.
I used to be like you. Don't let a trophy ruin your enjoyment of a game.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Also I asked on the third page but if anyone familiar with the game can say, is there an upgrade-able hub in the game? Like the homestead in AC3?

You're not paying a hundred to play the game early. You're paying for the Gold/Ultimate Edition content and playing early is a bonus.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm going in pretty blind. I loved Origins and am hoping for more of the same with a somewhat more compelling story.

Now I have two questions I'd like to know going into this:
- Do we know if there are a Greek replacement to the Egyptian Phylakes from Origins? These powerful enemies who'd hunt you down and drop powerful gear upon defeat.
- Will there be Ancient Greek monsters and mythological beasts appearing? I loved the Ancient Egyptian side missions and such in Origins.
(Feel free to spoiler tag any reply if you think the answers are spoiler heavy)

I personally am hoping for infinite Phylakes, an enemy that spawns at increasing difficulty and variations spawn throughout the games play time. I loved the challenge and strategy when fighting them in Origins so I hope this game has something similar.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Absolutely adored Origins so I'm pumped for this. Adding actual choices and dialogue into the mix is icing on the cake. Nice OT.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Bond

How's the naval combat? I'm not the greatest at it but am fine with it being in the AC games. Is there a lot of naval combat missions in the story?

V3rt1go

Oct 25, 2017
Ended the game with 42 hours and I think I got the good ending.

I loved Origins but for me, this one is even better.

Absolutely adored Origins so I'm pumped for this. Adding actual choices and dialogue into the mix is icing on the cake. Nice OT.
And here the choices do really matter and you'll be stuck thinking about what your choices - wich is the best thing you can fell in a game like this.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Ended the game with 42 hours and I think I got the good ending.

I loved Origins but for me, this one is even better.

And here the choices do really matter and you'll be stuck thinking about what your choices - wich is the best thing you can fell in a game like this.

That's awesome to hear. Hopefully the last act is handled better than it was in Origins. :)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going in pretty blind. I loved Origins and am hoping for more of the same with a somewhat more compelling story.

Now I have two questions I'd like to know going into this:
- Do we know if there are a Greek replacement to the Egyptian Phylakes from Origins? These powerful enemies who'd hunt you down and drop powerful gear upon defeat.
- Will there be Ancient Greek monsters and mythological beasts appearing? I loved the Ancient Egyptian side missions and such in Origins.
(Feel free to spoiler tag any reply if you think the answers are spoiler heavy)

I personally am hoping for infinite Phylakes, an enemy that spawns at increasing difficulty and variations spawn throughout the games play time. I loved the challenge and strategy when fighting them in Origins so I hope this game has something similar.
1. Well you'll be pleased because they've taken the Phylakes and created a whole subsystem around that concept. It's a much larger, much deeper element of the game now.
2. Yes, Greek mythology is a big part of the game.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for this to release. Not doing the pre-load on PC cause I learned the hard way that I don't get to play it instantly. Given my internet, it's quicker to just download it on release day....But I can't wait to play this! Loved Origins!

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Bond

How's the naval combat? I'm not the greatest at it but am fine with it being in the AC games. Is there a lot of naval combat missions in the story?

I enjoyed my time with the ship combat. It feels versatile and but doesn't overwhelm the player with complex systems. Even got addicted in upgrades during my latter hours in the game. Theres a multitude of naval missions tied to the story.

OP
OP
Francesco

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
There is also Omega Edition, available in EU only? It comes with map, artbook and bunch of in-game bonus items. Costs the same as regular edition, so that is kinda the best option.

assassin_s_creed_odyssey_omega_edition_ps4_30.jpg
Added to OP although it is getting ridiculous.
Also added the PC Era's Discord as it's their featured game of the month.

nZ8q1yL.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Francesco

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
Not sure where he copied it but ανδρα is moder greek and ανηρ is ancient greek for man. Just a weird to me not a problem really.

Andra is the accusative of Aner:

ὁ ἀνήρ
τοῦ ἀνδρός
τῷ ἀνδρί
τὸν ἄνδρα
ὦ ἄνερ

It's the same word, only used as the object of the sentence
Like German, ancient Greek uses different ending for different meanings within the sentence.

Obligatory OT reminder that the video blocker extension exists.
Can you expand on it? Not sure what to make of it.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Obligatory OT reminder that the video blocker extension exists. For example.
MUV5BYu.png

It's an extension that, as shown above, allows you to enter keywords or channel names. When you do so, it will be as if thing that fall under that definition don't exist. Like they'll completely disappear unless you unblock them.

Last edited:

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
Andra is the accusative of Aner:

ὁ ἀνήρ
τοῦ ἀνδρός
τῷ ἀνδρί
τὸν ἄνδρα
ὦ ἄνερ

It's the same word, only used as the object of the sentence
Like German, ancient Greek uses different ending for different meanings within the sentence.

Dude i know Greek, i just didn't know you picked it out of Odisea so i got confused.