• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really into Origins right now (my first AC!), bought Odyssey Gold and the Ezio Collection this week, so I'm all in on the series atm... looking forward to some series burnout like everyone else. LOL

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I skipped this in 2012, but now this kind of Assassin's Creed is pretty much dead, I'm actually pretty excited to play it

Deleted member 29354

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yikes. Seems like a filter for cutting down load-time for textures on a Switch release rather than a true-to-form remaster.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Piss filter?

The original game is basically 50 shades of grey, it looks so fucking bland in comparison to most games today. Put the remaster up against any modern game and the color space and warmth would be roughly the same.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Are people just actively ignoring the improvements and saying its just a piss filter to shit on a game they dont like? Era being Era.

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they changed it so that the intro isn't like six chapters long, it's gonna be hard for me to want to go back. Although I never played the DLC so maybe I'll check that out?

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite AC games, would love to know what was improved on the gameplay front.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I'm the weird guy that likes the modern day stuff in the older AC games, and really enjoyed 3 and Unity.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Might be into it, really been feeling Assassins Creed again since Odyssey (seriously loved it). Really curious about the Liberation port, would have liked to have seen more of it, I remember the last HD port being really odd with poor image quality and lots of input lag.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is plain false. Fire up the original on PC. It looks extremely flat and dull even at 4k. The new lighting model in the remaster is leagues better. The comparison video only looks extreme because the original is so fucking bland.

When they do BC enhanced, they seem to tweak a lot not just resolution.
I believe AC 1 is enhanced and it looked really good for an old game.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Huh didn't know it included liberations HD aswell. Played on the vita but the framerate was horrendous.

Will get when it goes down in price. Also the lighting looks great but at times seemed to take away some of the colour in the scenes.

But fuck it, i love AC3. Great game

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
It's disappointing that they're still silent on gameplay improvements. We already had a good sense of what they were doing with the graphics, but just a vague sentence or two about the other changes. The longer they go without giving specific details, the surer I am that the gameplay changes are relatively minor tweaks, on the order of menu revamps.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
When they do BC enhanced, they seem to tweak a lot not just resolution.
I believe AC 1 is enhanced and it looked really good for an old game.

No, they don't. They up the resolution and add anisotropic filtering. Maybe some first party games get special treatment, but it's just a high res version of the original game.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
No mention of a Switch version, and with the game's name and cover art different from that supposedly leaked edition... I guess that wasn't real.

A shame, as I like what I'm seeing here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lighting and environmental detail look a whole lot better, very nice.

Really interested to learn more about the QoL changes they said they implemented to the gameplay too. Hopefully they'll talk about that soon.
I hope its fixes for the weapon wheel and making the Homestead stuff mandatory. Too many people think that Connor isn't a real character, the Homestead stuff really fleshes him out.

Also this looks amazing, a lot better than the Ezio Collection and Rogue Remastered.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Press release mentions (without in-depth details):
  • 4K & HDR on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and PC
  • Higher resolution textures
  • New graphics engine
  • Further graphical improvements
  • Adjustments to Gameplay and Controls

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
After watching/listening to a lot of Hamilton might jump into this if the price isn't outrageous

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to feel exactly the same way if Skyward Sword ever gets a remaster. People will get all excited again for no apparent reason.

Other than the reason that they don't share your opinion of these games and actually enjoy them.

giphy.gif

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Played the game on PC in 4k/60fps and i was still blown away by the graphics. Enjoyed the game and even the main, even though people complained.

Oct 30, 2017
Did they get rid of the blinding white load screens? And did they actually finish the side content this time? Or are there still side quests that play a cutscene and then don't tell you shit about what it wants?

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I like how it looks, but man I miss serious AC. Odyssey is too damn cartoony. This takes me home.