• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
That's a weak near no remastering, like Ezio collection hardly much touched up mainly lighting change.

Still 30fps for the remaster on consoles too I bet, I'm good

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Looks like a pretty good upgrade actually. The lighting is a lot better.

I always felt like this game was pretty underrated. I enjoyed it quite a bit at the time and I like Connor as a character. The Desmond stuff was a dumpster fire, though, can't deny that.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
It looks pretty good, but what's with every swipe over comparison having like a piss filter?

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
My favorite Assassin's Creed game, but I will rather buy Odyssey since I liked Origins as well.

Maybe there will be a Switch version, too.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I didn't hate AC3 like a lot of people did. I'm definitely interested in playing this again. It was the main reason I got the Odyssey season pass.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
29 March

Comes with both III and Liberation remastered

PC/PS4/Xbox

No mention of Switch.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
The opera house upgrades are really impressive. I really like the warmer lighting too, looks like a good upgrade

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Some areas look great! Others...well they need a bit more work personally.

I was hoping that at least the facial expressions and characters would be really touched up too.

Nov 16, 2017
Probably the dullest game I played last gen. Started it again on PC after realising it was free to see if it was just misunderstood. It wasn't.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
AC Liberation included is pretty cool. But I never understood the point of remastering last gen games on console that were 30fps and not making the 60fps. Why bother?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Is it still 30 FPS on consoles? I played this game at 60 FPS with everything maxed except TXAA disabled on a 660Ti + i5 2500 at stock speeds. Surely they could have made a 60 FPS remaster?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, they actually overhauled quite a bit of the graphics! Can't wait to hear or see the changes they made to the menus and other parts of the game, Ubisoft claimed they were making to it!

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Foliage looks a bit better, but all that fog once you get out in the forest is what bugged me the most about the game and it seems to still be there. This is easily my least favorite AC game (though I never played Unity or Rogue), and I can't see a graphical upgrade being enough to bring me back in. If they somehow incorporated AC Odyssey/Origins combat, maybe I'd consider it, but I guess since I have the gold edition, I have this coming anyway. I remember liking the opening Opera House scene, so maybe I'll play up through that part again and we'll see.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the setting of this game, but yeah, Connor was pretty lame and the Desmond bits could drag. I'll probably play it again later this year if the remaster is cheap by then. It's a good Thanksgiving game!

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Loathed AC III, but they've got to advertise more than just increased texture resolutions and the addition of an orange colour palette for lighting. Show off a decent inventory menu system at least.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
People in this thread mistaking lighting for a piss filter.

Some pretty large changes

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Lighting and environmental detail look a whole lot better, very nice.

Really interested to learn more about the QoL changes they said they implemented to the gameplay too. Hopefully they'll talk about that soon.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed AC3. Wish there was a Switch version but oh well. I have the game on PC already (along with the Wii U version) and I wonder how different it will be to the current PC version.

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow missed that this was getting a standalone release soon. Looks pretty cool actually! Much as I hate the Desmond shit the rest of the game felt pretty polished.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
What's with the yellow filter?

I actually loved AC3 back when it came out, and thought it was the most mature story in the Assassins Creed franchise.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
AC3 is a great game, I love it but this doesnt look good.

I rather just play my PS3 copy.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I may be the odd one out, but I loved the Desmond stuff honestly, it was miles better than the things we've been getting lately for the present day stuff, however for the main campaign I really didn't care that much, it was pretty boring and the prologue takes a -long- time, even if the plot twist was good the first time through. Anyway, looking forward to cheking it out since I got the season pass!

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, gonna gif the hell out of this one. Believe it or not, I've been hyped for this for a long time coming.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks very good. I played AC III last gen and quit on sequence 4 as it was a tutorial in regards to hunting or something and I was done. Never went back and despite me getting this remaster for free (purchased the ACO Gold Edition before launch), the first half of 2019 is simply too packed for me to justify wasting time playing a game that I wasn't enjoying and quit early on. Liberation HD was a good game. Completed it when it was ported to PS3/360 but out of all the AC games that I have completed, Liberation is ranked last on my list. For those who haven't played them and are looking forward to doing so, hope you enjoy them more than I did.