• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Getting big "My Love Story" vibes, and it's great.

tD2WCOi.png

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Boys Club Rhetoric; Priror Bans for Inappropriate and Sexist Commentary
*Slides into their dms*

Can you draw them fucking?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never knew I needed cute himbo Superman until now.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This is cute. But personally I've always liked the Man part of Superman, like, he works very well when he acts in a very adult, mature way, an example to follow for both children and grown men, instead of an insecure young adult.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
This is cute. But personally I've always liked the Man part of Superman, like, he works very well when he acts in a very adult, mature way, an example to follow for both children and grown men, instead of an insecure young adult.

I'm inclined to agree. It is very cute but misses some fundamental aspects of the character

Ditto for Lois, tbh

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Cute but doesn't exactly jump out to me as Superman/Lois. That second set of comics I wouldn't even realize its them if you changed their names.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018

I feel like it could work depending on the story. When he's superman hes stoic and tough with a serious face, but when hes clark and with louis he lets his more immature side out to relax and maybe add to the 'clark cover up' aspect. He knows how to stare down a bad guy, but is a bit of clutz when it comes to love.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
OH NO IT'S TOO PRECIOUS PLEASE HELP

Also to everyone saying it really isn't Superman and Lois, honestly yeah. It totally is Superboy and Lois, though.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I could definitely see her doing a Spider-Man loves Mary Jane type series about Lois more so than Supes, but it doesn't seem like her style and characterization of Clark would suit a traditional take.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Superhimbo is honestly a pretty good direction for Superman. Maybe not quite as exaggerated as this, step it back like 15-20% and it would be perfect.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
"aspiring DC artist" is an oddly diminuitive way to describe them imo. she's a pixar storyboarder.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I feel like it could work depending on the story. When he's superman hes stoic and tough with a serious face, but when hes clark and with louis he lets his more immature side out to relax and maybe add to the 'clark cover up' aspect. He knows how to stare down a bad guy, but is a bit of clutz when it comes to love.
For sure, this is a good idea. I guess it depends on the medium and the intent of the author. There's always room for interesting variations!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I like it, but I think she made Clark...too innocent? Like, it reminds me of the story Huck, about a Superman-like character that's kind of a mentally simple, like stuck in a childlike state. Great little story, but I think the maturity level of Clark is typically higher than that. It seems like he's written as a child.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
A Pixar storyboarder who literally tweeted that she aspires to write a Superman graphic novel.

sure, but it's still a little off imo, unless the emphasis is really on the DC part. but even then, usually "aspiring artist" is something you'd say about a learner, not someone already successful and employed in the field

Gonna be honest, I didn't realize that she worked for Pixar when I made the thread 😅

ah yeah. see that makes sense haha

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The writing certainly isn't a winner for me but I love the art direction and the artist definitely has their heart in the right place. Give them a book.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The art is great and full of charm, but the writing, well... there's a fine line between "adorably innocent" and "straight out idiot", and I'm afraid "No, the other Clark I'm in love with." "*disappointed* Oh." clearly crosses it. :D

He would get along great with Dragon Ball Super's Goku, though!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We need SO MUCH more of this stuff in the next solo Superman movie, whenever the hell THAT'S gonna be :-(