• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I'll never understand this. Both the people doing it and those watching. Just... creepy

What is this...

www.twitch.tv

AMOURANTH - Twitch

✨Amouranth of House Downbad✨⭐️First of Her Name⭐️The Unclean⭐️Queen of the Coomers and the First Men⭐️Khaleesi of the Touch Grass Sea⭐️Rider of Horses⭐️Mother of Doggos+Queen of the unemployed, Rider of ubers, sister of doggos, khaleesi of the never touches grass sea, house of the never had a job

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's some i've enjoyed. I usually like the ones that have no talking and it's just sounds. Like the japanese youtuber who makes knives out of random stuff is legit some ASMR. It's mostly just sounds that relax me, but I also enjoy rain sounds or the like.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I mean, if you don't get the tingles then yeah, it's not going to make sense. Thankfully, I get them and watching/listening to this stuff is very pleasurable and relaxing.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Knocks me out and puts me to sleep in minutes almost every night, I guess I'm a creepy weirdo!

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Yea, I never understood ASMR (people based). I can do nature ASMR like background noise or certain animals like cats purring like V-twins but ppl ones weird me out.

I think it's like fetish, you have it or you don't.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does nothing for me.

Now, women touching my penis....that works.

I guess we are all different.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love ASMR, but not this stuff.

I mainly go for writing/drawing/sketching/typing and measuring. With the odd scalp check, hair cut, and cranial nerve exam.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
dont kink shame

edit: LMAO im pretty sure amouranth does what she can to cater to her pervy audiences/donators because shes smart, but dont think she'd be the best example

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Doesnt do much for me either.

Looks like as much of a waste of time as watching other people play a game rather than playing a game yourself lol.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they were weird at first but now I listen to them every night to fall asleep

demi

Oct 27, 2017
ASMR isn't only about whispering into a microphone though. I don't fuck with that section of ASMR myself

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
oh, I was expecting something weirder. This is just like a more variety filled white noise. It helps me sleep.

Also, heres some top tier ASMR

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
for those that dont understand the appeal of asmr, think of the sound of rain and how relaxing it can be.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It's just the human version of those websites that have rain sounds that people sleep to.

I guess some people jack off to it too sometimes, but its the same concept

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
oh, I was expecting something weirder. This is just like a more variety filled white noise. It helps me sleep.

Also, heres some top tier ASMR

Okay, this is great! It's no different from kinds of continuous stream of background noises many people use as a catalyst for concentration or to fall asleep (like music).

For whatever reason, I started thinking about Yakuza and Persona series listening to that. Thanks.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Vanity Fair has an ASMR series that's pretty entertaining. But it's because it's more goofy/weird

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Some of them used to make me legit sleep but then you grow accustomed and it's getting less and less effective.
Still nice for relaxing though. A shame not everyone is equal about those.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's always been a weird sex thing and anybody convinced that it's a physiological response or whatever is filling themselves

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
TBH I don't really understand what ASMR is
Same.

Like... you're whispering into a microphone? Okay? Why is this a thing?

People are fuckin weird.

It's a physiological response to certain stimuli that usually manifests in a tingling sensation in the back of the neck and scalp. The stimuli is most often hearing someone speaking in soft tones or whispers, hearing light tapping/scratching or watching someone perform mundane tasks. Only some people react to the stimuli in a physiological way though. It's a genetic predisposition. Kinda like the whole cilantro tasting like soap thing.