• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
See my reply to Seneset on post #107.

Not sure what that has to do with my post. No one is defending hate crimes or justifying racism.

Anti-black people are always going to attempt to shame black people regardless. Worrying about what "white conservatives" think is a fool's errand. If there wasn't a story about a black person committing a crime today, they would spread hate about our dress, looks, music. They're always going to hate black people. Fuck em.

It's more constructive speak out against hate crimes and racism against Asians and other PoC, when these hate crimes occur.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't saying a gun would help, hell I agree that it would probably make things worse. But people are arming themselves out of fear because no one is offering any other help or solution. You can't just tell people to not take defensive measures, as ill guided they may be, while not offering any other kind of immediate solution. Our people are getting assaulted and murdered in broad daylight, they are going to take measures to defend themselves.
If you don't think it would help and even think make things worse then why are we suggesting people to do things that will make things worse and not help them? People arming themselves to deal with this issue isn't the solution.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
If you don't think it would help and even think make things worse then why are we suggesting people to do things that will make things worse and not help them? People arming themselves to deal with this issue isn't the solution.

people are arming up regardless of what anyone is telling them.

www.cnn.com

Asian Americans are buying guns in the wake of recent attacks, but community leaders say that's not the way to prevent hate crimes | CNN

Some Asian Americans are buying guns for the first time as attacks fuel fear across the nation, but advocates say firearms are not the solution.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
People are are gonna do it out of fear one way or another. I'm saying telling people "no wait, stop that might turn out bad" without offering an alternative is not helpful in the slightest.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
There's a convo to be had about Black-Asian race relations in America. Pretty nuanced topic that can't be explained away simply with white supremacy.
THIS!!!

But ERA isn't ready to have that very difficult conversation, and I have no faith that the moderation team here can even handle it.

I'm still pissed that a poster here got a permaban for posting the the Homer-Simpson-backing-into-a-hedge.GIF to point out ERA's abysmal state of affairs in handling crimes against Asians by other POC. That poster was accused by another poster of being anti-Black, and down came the permaban hammer.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
SF is all kinds of fucked up. I've been jumped several times in the last 15 years. Once in the pan handle walking home from a bar. Another time in the avenues a car pulled up and bunch people got out and mugged my girlfriend and myself. lastly in the mission for wearing a blue hat in a norteno claimed street in the Mission (they wouldn't have bothered me if I was white). The SFPD don't give a shit unless it makes it on TV.

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020
SF is all kinds of fucked up. I've been jumped several times in the last 15 years. Once in the pan handle walking home from a bar. Another time in the avenues a car pulled up and bunch people got out and mugged my girlfriend and myself. lastly in the mission for wearing a blue hat in a norteno claimed street in the Mission (they wouldn't have bothered me if I was white). The SFPD don't give a shit unless it makes it on TV.

SF has always been heavy in racial tensions. Im not sure why this is just catching on , and to the Bolded Norteno's have jumped plenty of white folks back in the early 2000's. The only time it became safe for white folks in the Mission district was when heavy gentrification came down. But not to digress race relations out here has always been rocky in Bay Area. It has steadily improved though i will say that , especially among Black & South East Asians in Oakland

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
I will be real with everyone here. I have dealt with a ton of racism here in America. Does not matter if I was born here, I was different. I felt the hatred at a very young age. My family moved to a small town in Texas. We were one of two Asian families in this small town. I was met with racial slurs and physical violence. I was fighting groups of racist punks often time 1 on 5. I still remember clear as day, one of the fights went from outside school to a few hundred yards and ended up in a Church.

Pastor broke it up, and I will never forget, turn to me and said why did I provoke them and what did I do and that he will call the police on me. That mentally broke me, this damn adult saw one kid vs 5 and put the blame on me. I never fully recover from that, I was always angry, always ready to rip someone's head off. If anyone slights me in any way I react with extreme prejudice. And I know for a fact it all stems from that. Sure that has subsided but it all came back. 30 fucking years in this country, and I am hit with the same fucking feeling that happen almost 20 years ago.

If some of you know or remember. I was again assaulted at the start of this pandemic. I won't go into details but I laided that bitch out. Sure I said I did it to protect my son who was with me, but I will be real, I was looking to hurt this mother fucker. And ever since then I been on edge. Everywhere I go now, I assume some asshole is going to harm me and my family. I look mean, and I look like I am ready to rip someone's face off every time I step out this door. I am ready to fight at a moment's notice, and I fucking hate it.

I find myself snapping at people now. Everyone that approaches me now I see as a threat. I hate it. A dude came up to me the other day just to ask for the time or something simple like that and I immediately took a defensive position. He was taken back by it and said there was no way he would fuck with me because I look like I was ready to murder someone. I hate feeling like this. And every time I tell myself I need to chill the fuck out. I see more and more violence. Yeah it's not stopping, so I am not stopping. Fuck this world.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
people are arming up regardless of what anyone is telling them.

www.cnn.com

Asian Americans are buying guns in the wake of recent attacks, but community leaders say that's not the way to prevent hate crimes | CNN

Some Asian Americans are buying guns for the first time as attacks fuel fear across the nation, but advocates say firearms are not the solution.

Of course people are doing it and there's very little we can do about people making their own choices there but what we do have control over is the messaging and what we say to people here. Purposefully advocating here that people should arm themselves in order to deal with the situations going on here is just bad advice and not something we should be pushing here. You can see in this thread people are pushing for people to arm themselves.

People are are gonna do it out of fear one way or another. I'm saying telling people "no wait, stop that might turn out bad" without offering an alternative is not helpful in the slightest.

Of course people are going to do it but that doesn't mean we as a community should be advocating it. The fact is there aren't good solutions here but not having a solution doesn't mean we should be advocating bad advice because there are no good solutions. The advice is flat out bad and wrong and we should be dissuading people from making a bad choice like this out of fear and even just as important we should be shutting down people advocating that advice as a solution.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Of course people are doing it and there's very little we can do about people making their own choices there but what we do have control over is the messaging and what we say to people here. Purposefully advocating here that people should arm themselves in order to deal with the situations going on here is just bad advice and not something we should be pushing here. You can see in this thread people are pushing for people to arm themselves.

Of course people are going to do it but that doesn't mean we as a community should be advocating it. The fact is there aren't good solutions here but not having a solution doesn't mean we should be advocating bad advice because there are no good solutions. The advice is flat out bad and wrong and we should be dissuading people from making a bad choice like this out of fear and even just as important we should be shutting down people advocating that advice as a solution.

is this for guns or what about mace and etc?

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I will be real with everyone here. I have dealt with a ton of racism here in America. Does not matter if I was born here, I was different. I felt the hatred at a very young age. My family moved to a small town in Texas. We were one of two Asian families in this small town. I was met with racial slurs and physical violence. I was fighting groups of racist punks often time 1 on 5. I still remember clear as day, one of the fights went from outside school to a few hundred yards and ended up in a Church.

Pastor broke it up, and I will never forget, turn to me and said why did I provoke them and what did I do and that he will call the police on me. That mentally broke me, this damn adult saw one kid vs 5 and put the blame on me. I never fully recover from that, I was always angry, always ready to rip someone's head off. If anyone slights me in any way I react with extreme prejudice. And I know for a fact it all stems from that. Sure that has subsided but it all came back. 30 fucking years in this country, and I am hit with the same fucking feeling that happen almost 20 years ago.

If some of you know or remember. I was again assaulted at the start of this pandemic. I won't go into details but I laided that bitch out. Sure I said I did it to protect my son who was with me, but I will be real, I was looking to hurt this mother fucker. And ever since then I been on edge. Everywhere I go now, I assume some asshole is going to harm me and my family. I look mean, and I look like I am ready to rip someone's face off every time I step out this door. I am ready to fight at a moment's notice, and I fucking hate it.

I find myself snapping at people now. Everyone that approaches me now I see as a threat. I hate it. A dude came up to me the other day just to ask for the time or something simple like that and I immediately took a defensive position. He was taken back by it and said there was no way he would fuck with me because I look like I was ready to murder someone. I hate feeling like this. And every time I tell myself I need to chill the fuck out. I see more and more violence. Yeah it's not stopping, so I am not stopping. Fuck this world.

No words. I'm so sorry for your experiences, but that isn't enough. I hope somehow we can improve as a country, but I often feel pretty bleak about it. All I can say is that I won't stop trying. This breaks my heart.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
A good reminder that, despite America's overwhelming white supremacy issues that desperately need to be dealt with, that racism comes in many different forms all over the world.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
is this for guns or what about mace and etc?

I'm strictly referring to guns and knives. I have no qualms with things like pepper spray, mace, and things of the sort. I just think people advocating that people should arm themselves with deadly weapons is just going to give them a false sense of security that wouldn't have stopped these events from happening to begin with and could likely have just made things worse in the process.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate Commentary; Please Avoid ‘Friend of a Friend’ Anecdotes About Intersectional Issues
Model Minority myth, little accomplished in spite of BLM's efforts, maybe AAPI are seen as favorited in some peoples' eyes, even though that isn't the case. Asian-Americans are wielded as weapons against other minorities and become convenient shields for white supremacy by the same token. I can attempt to list out the influencing factors in anti-Asian sentiment:

• Model Minoriy myth and the perception that all AAPI buy into it
  • COVID-19 being blamed on China uncontested
  • A long, long history of AAPI being othered by main stream society and pop culture. "Crazy Japan", "Communist China", traditions branded as exotic and weird
  • Chauvinistic myth of Asian women being submissive while Asian men are meek, unattractive and unassertive, rooted in racist propaganda
  • Language and cultural barriers between Black and AAPI diasporas. Even among Asian-Americans, there are many cultural and linguistic differences
  • Long, long, long history of America painting Black Americans as thugs, neanderthals, subhuman, uncivilized, unintelligent
  • Biases grown from said caricatures and stereotypes within each community which festers and becomes difficult to address
  • Many people have been convinced that the best way to live is to play by the wealth-based caste that our socio-economic system has forced upon us. Under this mentality, your demographic can only succeed if others fall
  • Tribalism inherent to human nature
On the subject, one of my very best friends over the last decade was Indian from New York. 1st generation American (? He was born here; parents immigrated) and hooooo boy did he have an endless wellspring of stories about Indian and Asian racism with regard to how they (those he knew, generally his parents generation) viewed and would behave towards black people. He pretty much told me that he more or less needed to bring home an Indian woman to marry, but he could bring home an Asian or white woman and that would be okay. But a Hispanic or — god forbid — a black woman and he would be immediately disowned. His father was a store owner and how he would talk about black and Hispanics (or in some cases other Indians) was bad enough to make Trump blush. Exposure to other communities in high school and his friendship why me is what helped him avoid buying into those stereotypes.

The root of all of that thought is white supremacy. The same white supremacy that created the Caste system and similar hierarchies that pit communities against each other to take advantage of all of them. The reach of white supremacy and its impact is vast. Pitting people with more in common than not against each other has been its modus operandi for hundreds of years.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he gets caught, shit stain of a human.

Fuck all this hatred, fucking cowards hurt other people for no fucking reason.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Trash.

Now I'm obviously not advocating that we don't talk about it since keeping the convo going helps many, but I swear this shit is completely ineffective against people who would resort to violence like this. Time and time again we see that quite a few people don't listen to facts period and do fucking whatever with no/minimum empathy. We can talk about it and have convos all day but it feels like violent people are going to find an excuse to choose violence regardless and that shit is wack.

Continuing to feed money into the gun industry doesn't feel like a great option either, just feels like (for those of us living in America) digging ourselves in an already near escapable hole we find ourselves in. I'm not 100% completely against arming yourself with guns here but man does it feel like a cruel trap. 100% down for other defensive options though like mace, pepper spray, tasers, etc... not just for people who are seeing an increase in violence, but potential bystanders to violence too so they have safer options to interfere in case they are witness to it.

I know firsthand that black folk weren't immune from falling for Trump's bullshit (or already thinking along the same lines as him).

Yep, stupidity is a human trait not exclusive to any race. Just read any history from pretty much anywhere. You don't have to go back far either, 2020 has plenty of examples.

This shit just sucks though.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
It's not surprising minorities victimize other minorities, it's sad but weird to see so many shocked. Indicators of crime are poverty, education etc. all of which are cultivated in minorities by the existing power structure.

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
It's not surprising minorities victimize other minorities, it's sad but weird to see so many shocked. Indicators of crime are poverty, education etc. all of which are cultivated in minorities by the existing power structure.
Education and proper exposure to a wider/broader/more global perspective helps. It's not a minority issue but more a poverty/education/class issue, and applies to white people as well.

If minority groups stay in their own ethnic bubbles and racist white people stay in their own bubbles then these prejudices and racist behaviors/attitudes will not change. It's why things like social media are so toxic to exaggerating these behaviors.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
On the subject, one of my very best friends over the last decade was Indian from New York. 1st generation American (? He was born here; parents immigrated) and hooooo boy did he have an endless wellspring of stories about Indian and Asian racism with regard to how they (those he knew, generally his parents generation) viewed and would behave towards black people. He pretty much told me that he more or less needed to bring home an Indian woman to marry, but he could bring home an Asian or white woman and that would be okay. But a Hispanic or — god forbid — a black woman and he would be immediately disowned. His father was a store owner and how he would talk about black and Hispanics (or in some cases other Indians) was bad enough to make Trump blush. Exposure to other communities in high school and his friendship why me is what helped him avoid buying into those stereotypes.

The root of all of that thought is white supremacy. The same white supremacy that created the Caste system and similar hierarchies that pit communities against each other to take advantage of all of them. The reach of white supremacy and its impact is vast. Pitting people with more in common than not against each other has been its modus operandi for hundreds of years.
I have a friend of South-Asian descent who took issue with your post, and since he doesn't have an era account, I offered to post his response. Obviously I take responsibility for any moderation that comes about because of it.

I'm struggling to understand how any of this is salient to the topic of this thread, which addresses an instance of particularly vicious anti-Asian-American racist violence. It's quite crass to bring up an anecdote about your Indian-American high school friend's father's alleged racism in a thread like this, nevermind your claim that you helped him overcome his genetically or culturally inherited anti-black racism, by way of your magnanimous friendship with him.

Furthermore, the idea that the Indian caste system is solely a product of white supremacy is historically illiterate, given that references to Varnas first appear in the Vedic-era, thus predating the British Raj by at least 2000 years.

At the bare minimum I'd refrain from speaking authoritatively about a culture and history you don't understand and attempting to shoe-horn its innate flaws into the context of American inter-ethnic tension and structural oppression. Casteism in India is frequently an abhorrent and ethnically-discriminatory practice, however, it developed independently of American history, or European history for thousands of years, and it has absolutely no applicability to the Black-American experience whatsoever.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
why are black people attacking asian. Wtf is going on? I don't feel safe on the street anymore

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I have a friend of South-Asian descent who took issue with your post, and since he doesn't have an era account, I offered to post his response. Obviously I take responsibility for any moderation that comes about because of it.
I appreciate your friend's thoughts. I am so tired of westerners shoe-horning their own politics to "analyse" other countries

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Week): Inappropriate commentary: please avoid ‘friend of a friend’ anecdotes about death in these discussions
I never understand how USA works man. Glad I don't live there.

Edit: By the way forgot to write down something that my Vietnamese colleague who told me other day that his brother who lives in the states was attacked on the street out of nowhere with melee weapons by three black men, but he managed to dodge a few hits and pulled out his gun killed one of them and wounded the other two.

Dunno what would have happened if he didn't have a gun. But blood was spilled and someone died because of this mess. I don't understand why Black people are attacking Asians randomly though (I live in Europe)

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
It pains my heart to see black people involved in doing this shit.

Not even going to give this coward the excuse of being mentally ill as these attackers always conveniently choose easy targets to attack.

Never anyone who can fight back.

A bit annoying to see how quickly a post saying they don't like seeing Black people in general involved in these hate crime attacks, has turned into a...

why are black people attacking asian.

...discussion overall, promoting the idea that most of/many of these attacks have involved Black people from reading the thread.

And just as there's no evidence to suggest that the majority of these attacks are being perpetrated by Black Americans, there's no evidence to that other claim one hears a lot, that the lack of initial attention to these crimes reveals that the mainstream media is not reporting these incidents in order to protect the racial identity of the attackers.

This conspiracy theory proposes that the media is protecting African American men, an ironic claim to say the least; if the media were doing such a thing, it would be the first time in history. Historically, media representations of African American males—especially young men—have disproportionately portrayed as criminals, to disastrous effect.

Moreover, the idea that African Americans are being protected in this instance as perpetrators doesn't pass the red face test. Clearly, a few African Americans have engaged in this hateful behavior; I've seen the same videos everyone else has. But the identities of the assailants have been revealed; by what measure can we say they're being protected by the media?

Not only has the media not protected these assailants, but these videos of Black youths maliciously assaulting Asian-American elders have become the face of #AsianHate, giving the false impression, taken up by writers in these articles, that they are representative of the wave of violence, without any real evidence to back it up.

In fact, it's the one thing these articles have gotten right: Assigning blame incorrectly to a particular group doesn't actually protect anyone, but rather reinforces barriers that lead to greater mistrust and disputes.

One thing that has become apparent is that there is a bi-directional suspicion between many Asian Americans and some African Americans. Whether this is driven by co-habitation in certain communities in Los Angeles or New York City or by pre-conceived notions that exist due to stereotypical narratives, none of this should diminish the strong bonds Asian Americans and African Americans have shared historically.

www.newsweek.com

Stop Blaming Black People for Anti-Asian Hate

All good people should be furious at this spate of attacks. But what we shouldn't do is use it as an excuse to blame Black people, as some have done.

As other posters have said in the thread, Black people are people/not a monolith. Black people in the US are not immune to things like Fake information/Trump's bullshit/White supremacist ideas/committing crimes/hate/etc... and it's unfortunate to see a Black person involved in attacks like in the OP. But that's not an excuse for this thread to drive discussion into theories/giving the impression from reading the thread that Black people are the majority of/the face of these attacks.

Theories/discussions like this are also a big reason why Black people in the US, in general do not like seeing any negative representation of Black people on the news/etc... ("Please don't be Black, please don't be Black..."), because a handful of individuals doing crimes/terrible actions very quickly turns into a "Problem with the entire Black community" for many people.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A bit annoying to see how quickly a post saying they don't like seeing Black people in general involved in these hate crime attacks, has turned into a...

...discussion overall, promoting the idea that most of/many of these attacks have involved Black people from reading the thread.

www.newsweek.com

Stop Blaming Black People for Anti-Asian Hate

All good people should be furious at this spate of attacks. But what we shouldn't do is use it as an excuse to blame Black people, as some have done.

As other posters have said in the thread, Black people are people/not a monolith. Black people in the US are not immune to things like Fake information/Trump's bullshit/White supremacist ideas/committing crimes/hate/etc... and it's unfortunate to see a Black person involved in attacks like in the OP. But that's not an excuse for this thread to drive discussion into theories/giving the impression from reading the thread that Black people are the majority of/the face of these attacks.

Theories/discussions like this are also a big reason why Black people in the US, in general do not like seeing any negative representation of Black people on the news/etc... ("Please don't be Black, please don't be Black..."), because a handful of individuals doing crimes/terrible actions very quickly turns into a "Problem with the entire Black community" for many people.
Everything here is spot on.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
User Banned (Permanent): Anti-Black racism over a series of posts. Long history of inflammatory behavior.
I'm not saying its anti-Asian hate not happening, but im disputing this problem its necessarily a black vs asian problem.

*looks around*

Who else is doing it? Who else are attacking Asians with almost comical levels of violence while everyone just kind of looks around and says "Hey dudes Mortal Kombat is about Asians right? AAPI Month! FLAWLESS VITORY lol right? Right?..... no?"

Why is there no conversation happening about an obvious problem that is happening before our eyes?

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
*looks around*

Who else is doing it? Who else are attacking Asians with almost comical levels of violence while everyone just kind of looks around and says "Hey dudes Mortal Kombat is about Asians right? AAPI Month! FLAWLESS VITORY lol right? Right?..... no?"

Why is there no conversation happening about an obvious problem that is happening before our eyes?

www.presstv.com

African-American community not responsible for Asian hate crimes: The lie gives White Supremacy a pass

There’s a dangerous myth which continues to circulate in the media over the last few weeks. It’s a myth because it’s false, and amounts to dangerously misleading propaganda that could significantly and negatively impact Black people.

Someone else had a better link, but I can't find it again, anti-Asian hate crimes have risen among all racial groups, the majority is not done by black people. And again, there is this narrative of portraying a act by a individual of a minority group as casting blame on everyone in that minority group, which i completely reject.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
*looks around*

Yes, us negroes best discuss these matters and know our place.

Trump may have fueled Sinophobia and racial themes with Covid, but it's the blacks that are the problem.

I'll let the others know about this, Facehugger.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right! And considering that us African-Americans ourselves get racially discriminated & racially profiled on a daily basis (especially by the police), they should know better.

It's people like that guy that makes other good African-Americans like us look bad.

The "you are a victim of this, you should known better" i think is an unicorn.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
It was just a matter of time I suppose. Everyone turns on us given a long enough timeline. Look out for your own, because if you couldn't tell already we don't have allies.
Just wanna raise light that racists think of people in monolithic terms like this, with the us vs. them mentality. It's *some*, not *all* black folk committing these crimes, similar to how *some*, not *all* Asian folk have predatory businesses (just an example of some criticism against Asians). This is crucial distinction, this is nuance if you want to be productive rather than reductive.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 month): anti-Black racism
www.presstv.com

African-American community not responsible for Asian hate crimes: The lie gives White Supremacy a pass

There’s a dangerous myth which continues to circulate in the media over the last few weeks. It’s a myth because it’s false, and amounts to dangerously misleading propaganda that could significantly and negatively impact Black people.

Someone else had a better link, but I can't find it again, anti-Asian hate crimes have risen among all racial groups, the majority is not done by black people. And again, there is this narrative of portraying a act by a individual of a minority group as casting blame on everyone in that minority group, which i completely reject.
Your link uses Tariq Nasheed of all people for a quote. Maybe try again.

The basic premise may be justified, but that doesn't change the fact that, in most of these videos, the perpetrators of most of these violent attacks on Asian Americans or people they think are Asian Americans are visibly from a certain demographic. So even if actual statistics tell a different story it's hard to make abstract numbers beat out something you can actually see if your eyes.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*looks around*

What the actual hell

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Your link uses Tariq Nasheed of all people for a quote. Maybe try again.

The basic premise may be justified, but that doesn't change the fact that, in most of these videos, the perpetrators of most of these violent attacks on Asian Americans or people they think are Asian Americans are visibly from a certain demographic. So even if actual statistics tell a different story it's hard to make abstract numbers beat out something you can actually see if your eyes.

I think you have to be careful here. Because several of the higher profile (highest profile) recent incidents of violence against AAPI peoples in the US have not been committed by Black people, and that bears remembering.

That isn't to say that Black people have not been susceptive to racist ideas and/or perceptions of Asian people and have acted violently on them. Unfortunately, that has happened. But framing this specifically as a Black problem...I dunno, misses the forest for the trees? And really just hampers productive discussion of supremacist/bigoted motivated violence that is currently plaguing both of our communities.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*looks around*

I understand your pain as someone who grew up as a visible Black Muslim girl in a post 9/11 world, but this isn't it. There are many Black activists who stand in unity with the Asian community, even last year during BLM protests over the George Floyd murder which had Asian police officers involved. The idea that Black and Asian community cannot be allies, or that Black people are the only ones commiting hate crimes against Asians, is feeding into white supremacy and benefits none of us. My heart hurts for the Asian community all over the world, but I'm just saying we should focus on empathy for the victims and working towards solutions and not whatever this post is.

The pieces of shit who commit these hate crimes should all face justice.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
*looks around*

you for real bro?

you really skipped over all of the news reports of white people attacking Asian people to ask "who else but the blacks?" are doing this?

It was just a matter of time I suppose. Everyone turns on us given a long enough timeline. Look out for your own, because if you couldn't tell already we don't have allies.
the irony here is really striking.

Last edited:

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017

The same reason we don't need a conversation about the entire Asian community when cops who happen to be Asian/from the Asian community kill Black people, as an example. The posters on this forum are "normally" intelligent enough to know that terrible people that happen to be from a community =/= the entire community and "normally" focus on the actual problem, especially when the majority of attacks/the most high profile attacks are not coming from said community.

But again, as I said in my post two days ago that you ignored when you bumped this two days old thread for "some reason", the Black community is very aware of what happens when a few "negative examples" are shown on the news/TV and how quickly that can represent "everyone" in the community for some individuals, and posts like this are exactly why the Black community will continue to have those concerns.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
It's not exclusively about the issue, but there are some parts of the film 'Color of Fear' that deal with black and asian race relations. Not any of it in this clip, but the trailer:

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: I got too heated when I wrote the original post below and misrepresented my intentions. I meant that I was more sad to see it happening because of my own personal experience dealing with racism and abuse in america and it was painful to me on a personal level to see it happen as it always stings like a step back in progress even though I realize not a single person (or small handful) represent the whole of any race. I apologize for getting upset and posting too quickly without thinking my post through as that's not something I normally do.

Original post
Man what's with black people fucking up on this. I don't see how you could be black and wanna do that to someone else knowing the shit we went through. That's fucking backwards fam. Awful and he out here thinking he tough for beating up on someone with a kid.

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
*looks around*

Atlanta Spa Shooting?
atlanta-shooting-inset.jpg