• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The way I see it, it's again a failure of western media. There are so free Asian faces on screen that even Asian audiences aren't used to seeing them.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
I remember a reddit thread where some white dude insisted that anime arose in Japan because Asians look too similar for live action media to become popular lmao

D65

Oct 26, 2017
wow my friend is pregnant that was quick... more mixed raced babies in this world :D

D65

Oct 26, 2017
e4co8ptz4nr11.jpg

Stolen from reddit

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
It could be one of those other baos in the picture but just flipped upside down. It looks like it was panfried a bit.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Omg haha my friend isn't pregnant! Her friends prsnked her on FB. Aw I spent ages imagining what her kids would look like...

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
lol alright who was in here lurking just to start up the anti asian era hate train

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...marrying-non-asian-men-the-cut-article.74447/

There is zero chance that thread isn't a dumpster fire.

There's one or two outright racist comments but most are fine in the sense that they call out people who harass others. The problem is that they are oblivious to any issues Asian American males may have in dating or the fact that white worshipping among Asian American exists and can be a problem. I always got the sense that this forum is filled with weeb nerdy white guys based on the video game forums so I am not surprised they don't mind that lol

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's one or two outright racist comments but most are fine in the sense that they call out people who harass others. The problem is that they are oblivious to any issues Asian American males may have in dating or the fact that white worshipping among Asian American exists and can be a problem. I always got the sense that this forum is filled with weeb nerdy white guys based on the video game forums so I am not surprised they don't mind that lol
And their oblivious opinions are still based on white supremacy. THAT, I mind.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Pet , thanks for the explanation. Since the first (being around lots of asians) wasn't really an option growing up, I guess the switching between the two is something new to me. That said, I am an indian engineer who is into tech...so some stereotypes I am little too on the nose for. ;)

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
lol alright who was in here lurking just to start up the anti asian era hate train

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...marrying-non-asian-men-the-cut-article.74447/

There is zero chance that thread isn't a dumpster fire.

That thread is going about as expected. Not horrific but certainly not super progressive.

I'm still convinced discussing the nuances of the WM/AF pairing in the US is futile when it comes to members who are overwhelmingly white and male. Most of them just don't get it. They're not immersed in Asian American social activism/justice enough.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
That thread is going about as expected. Not horrific but certainly not super progressive.

I'm still convinced discussing the nuances of the WM/AF pairing in the US is futile when it comes to members who are overwhelmingly white and male. Most of them just don't get it. They're not immersed in Asian American social activism/justice enough.

On the one hand, I don't want to generalize, and I know a lot of great guys who are expats

But when I saw that the dude was an expat in China I thought "oh boy"

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
But what's with the sudden influx of Europeans who don't understand what racism is?

Are they so far up their own asses that they believe they're infallible? The arrogance is astounding. You'd have to be completely daft to even utter words like "how can you be racist against your own people." lol

*edit- wandering - yep. He's the kind of European guy that thinks he's physically superior to Asian men in looks, and is surrounded by Asian chicks who specifically go after white dick (and will be too happy to tell him how they prefer white men because <reasons>.

I mean, really, it's pretty obvious by what he writes, but what can you do, right?

*double edit- but yeah, this is exactly why in my previous posts I say that it's pretty much impossible to bring up this issue without people immediately assuming that what is being said is racist- that the message is "Asian women should only fuck Asian men" instead of the much longer explanation that it's about subtle racism, environment, social power, the layer of white supremacy that envelopes much of the media we consume, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, what's happening y'all? checks EtcEra..... Oh. Well um.... Yeah.

Just wanted to let y'all know that we had Hot Pot last night and it was delicious. PS. what's a decent site for uploading photos?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
that fuckin proud boys thread has me steamed with that dipshit in the second photo standing with the white supremecist asshole wankers. urgh. makes me sick

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I would have more hot pot if the lord and decider of my household (hahahaha meph ) liked it. Alas, we only eat it when my friends want to eat it. I appreciate it a lot more now. Spicy food is awesome.

BLOODED_hands - tbh I use imgur and just make the links private/saved so I can delete them if I need to. Otherwise if I don't plan to share on a message board I prefer Google Drive. That's what my friends and I use to share photos from trips and outings.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of agree with my friend that it's more of a 'once-in-a-while' thing lol.

It's pretty basic lol:

zG9qyB3.jpg

Ignore the shot glasses lol. Also ignore my nephew in the BG.

We did two broths. One is a basic beef broth and the other is a Tom yum broth with Ghost Peppers from Cub Foods (wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be).

DosaDaRaja

Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, I don't want to generalize, and I know a lot of great guys who are expats

But when I saw that the dude was an expat in China I thought "oh boy"
Well, when I went to Guangzhou this year, I saw 'No Prostitutes' warnings plastered everywhere in our hotel, from elevators to the restaurant. Have never seen this level of warnings even in Singapore, so, yeah...

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
But what's with the sudden influx of Europeans who don't understand what racism is?

Are they so far up their own asses that they believe they're infallible? The arrogance is astounding. You'd have to be completely daft to even utter words like "how can you be racist against your own people." lol

I was in awe of the ignorance. That one dude would just keep ignoring the points made by others and keep tooting the horn that he's there to defend these Asian woman who are being harassed no matter how many times people would say that they don't support that and are just being critical of what they've said.

I'm surprised he finally came around and acknowledged the racism.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I sort of agree with my friend that it's more of a 'once-in-a-while' thing lol.

It's pretty basic lol:

zG9qyB3.jpg

Ignore the shot glasses lol. Also ignore my nephew in the BG.

We did two broths. One is a basic beef broth and the other is a Tom yum broth with Ghost Peppers from Cub Foods (wasn't as spicy as I thought it would be).

Looks amazing. We went to a Hot Pot place last night (conveyor belt style) and I had a blast.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
The WMAF problem is a big problem but at the same time harassment is always bad. The types of WMs in those relationships, just tend to be a bit... Obviously a type a way.

Dec 24, 2017
lol rip in peace iron fist

As problematic as Iron Fist is, the 2nd season was better. And unless they are going to do a Daughters of the Dragon with Colleen and Misty, and Heroes for Hire with Luke and Danny, I'm kind of disappointed at the decision. Mostly because I really want a Daughters of the Dragon series.

Further, fucking Marvel/Disney is acting really fucking weird. Still just glossing over their Chief Weeaboo. And canning Chuck Wendig because he's taking white supremacists and incel man babies behind the woodshed on Twitter?

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I like the person that asks why we care so much about "being" Asian and why we don't just focus on "being American."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the fuck how do I even begin to respond to a question like that. I don't know dude, why don't you tell black Americans to stop caring so much about being black and try just focusing on being "American."

OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Why is it when a man who is Asian does something wrong, suddenly it's a reflection of all Asians, to these people.

"I dated a guy who was white once, and he was kinda uneducated, so I don't date white people anymore."

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I like the person that asks why we care so much about "being" Asian and why we don't just focus on "being American."

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the fuck how do I even begin to respond to a question like that. I don't know dude, why don't you tell black Americans to stop caring so much about being black and try just focusing on being "American."
Ask him why "Americans" care so much about us being Asian and why they don't just focus on us being "American"

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are a surprising lot of people who really think that it's impossible to be racist if you're a minority. I think that's why Oppression Olympics is a thing: the "winner" gets to "punch up" at everyone else

Seriously right.

(We're still going to buy a home hotpot once we have a kid. There's nothing like that wonderful memory of a happy home hotpot dinner. Hotpot is love!)
I don't know if I'd recommend that. We have one, but we mostly just go out.

Deleted member 2761

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
omg i can't even

"Hey other white guy in this thread, these Asians called out my wife for being racist. Do you think your wife is also racist?"

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I would have more hot pot if the lord and decider of my household (hahahaha meph) liked it. Alas, we only eat it when my friends want to eat it. I appreciate it a lot more now. Spicy food is awesome.

Yo, meph doesn't like hot pot?

No, meph does not like hot pot. The food is prepared in the worst, most boring, possible way: boiling. Everything is overcooked and has the same texture. This goes double for anyone whose first instinct on reading those words is to defend the dish, and their honor, by invoking sauce. That just makes hot pot a vehicle for sauce, which means your primary motivation, then, is really just eating sauce.

At best, it's a social food eaten for large gatherings of family and/or friends, at which point the food itself only serves as a pretense of social gathering, and its clear inferiority is understandable because it's not the focus of the occasion.

At worst, the wave of individual shabu-shabu style hot pot has removed even most of that, so you're left eating bad food drowning in sauce.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pet

Pet

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
There are a surprising lot of people who really think that it's impossible to be racist if you're a minority. I think that's why Oppression Olympics is a thing: the "winner" gets to "punch up" at everyone else

I don't know if I'd recommend that. We have one, but we mostly just go out.

I have fond memories of eating hotpot with my family. That's probably why I'm so nostalgic. We have a hotpot at home.

No, meph does not like hot pot. The food is prepared in the worst, most boring, possible way: boiling. Everything is overcooked and has the same texture. This goes double for anyone whose first instinct on reading those words is to defend the dish, and their honor, by invoking sauce. That just makes hot pot a vehicle for sauce, which means your primary motivation, then, is really just eating sauce.

At best, it's a social food eaten for large gatherings of family and/or friends, at which point the food itself only serves as a pretense of social gathering, and its clear inferiority is understandable because it's not the focus of the occasion.

At worst, the wave of individual shabu-shabu style hot pot has removed even most of that, so you're left eating bad food drowning in sauce.

Yet Boiling Point has a two hour wait allllll the time.