• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

21-gram2-2-768x1024.jpg

21 GRAMS

Edition: PROTO + 7 + 2 A.P.
Photography: Mark Sturkenboom
Photography with model: Sanne Zurné/Yoram Tomasowa
Designation: urn/memorybox
Material: compressed wood, mouth blown glass, rubber, 14kt gold-plated brass, golden pendant/key
Size: 25*15*15 cm, aprox. 2 kg

This piece takes 16 weeks to complete as it is extensive handwork.
From cutting and sanding the wooden box in shape to machining the 18kt goldplated components and blowing the glass pieces, everything is done by hand.
Each piece of this work is machined by a skilled artisian and executed with extreme care.
Therefore we need three months before we can ship the work.
The work can be customized to your wishes, such as the key, colour or handkerchief.
Starting price 9800 USD ex shipping.

In a time where we are able to manipulate life, adjust the way that we look, where the possibilities are endless when it comes to body enhancements, there is one thing we still cannot change: the unavoidable passing of life. Or can we? 21 Grams is a memory-box that allows a widow to go back to the intimate memories of a lost beloved one. After a passing, the missing intimacy with that person is only one aspect of the pain and grief. This forms the base for 21 Grams. The urn offers the possibility to conserve 21 grams of ashes of the deceased and celebrates an eternal desire. By bringing different nostalgic moments together like the scent of his cologne, their special music, reviving the moment he gave her her first ring, opens a window to go back to precious moments of love and intimacy. She is able to have an intimate night with her sweetheart again. The cabinet also functions as an acoustic amplifier. In the back of the cabinet there is room for an iPhone. The music plays through the 'forget me not' flowers on the inside of the cabinet. The key to this cabinet is also a necklace worn next to her heart so that she is the only one who can access the cabinet. 21 Grams is not only a way to tempt a person to revive an intimate night but is a physical affirmation of love against the unavoidable passing of life.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm going to need you to explain. Read that three times over and I have no idea.

Is it uhh... A Dildo Urn?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to report because that word salad looked like your account got hijacked.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
imagine hooking up with a widower and stumbling on their ash blaster

im somehow more creeped out by the ornate box. Like someone actually took a considerable amount of time designing something as macabre.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't help but feel this is in incredibly poor taste.
It would be if you're stealing the ashes and making one for some random person. It's weird, but grief does weird things to people.
imagine hooking up with a widower and stumbling on their ash blaster

im somehow more creeped out by the ornate box. Like someone actually took a considerable amount of time designing something as macabre.

Well…At least they didn't phone it in.
This piece takes 16 weeks to complete as it is extensive handwork.
From cutting and sanding the wooden box in shape to machining the 18kt goldplated components and blowing the glass pieces, everything is done by hand.
Each piece of this work is machined by a skilled artisian and executed with extreme care.
Therefore we need three months before we can ship the work.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
I both do and don't want to hear more from someone who buys one of these.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Just get a silicon cast of your penis for a dildo while you are still alive for your wife. She can use it now, and then.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I stared at the photo and thought it was assisted suicide with a bullet of your dead spouse, which would've been in SUPER bad taste.

This is somehow just as bad.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
If I know I only got, like, 3 months left to live I am ordering this and leaving a note with the funeral home. Going to be one wild post-death birthday for the alive wife.