• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Played up past the first boss and I'm really impressed so far. The controls feel really smooth, with decent impact when wacking people with a hammer, and the presentation as a whole is gorgeous.

Some of the voice over work can be a bit cheesy mind.

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Beyond excited to finally get to play this game. I'm really glad that early impressions are positive; was a bit worried this would be on a Lords of the Fallen/Surge level.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Defeated the second boss. Still don't know how multiplayer is supposed to work. Maybe it's unlocked later on?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
No, at least not on the Box

Haven't had a chance to play it yet today, but the Xbox One X Enhanced List says N/A for HDR. So no, it doesn't include HDR.

Thanks.

Because of how desaturated the game is, I am not sure it would benefit much from HDR.

Perhaps. I haven't played it yet, but I thought light played an important part in the game so thought it could be used in some way.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect that not many people are playing since it's epic only + an unknown title without much marketing? Just a guess. I also haven't seen any MP stuff yet
I ran arround with quite alot of people already. They look like a NPC you are doing the quest for tho and i believe on the radar on top of the screen shows a human icon and i believe thats a real player.
But you easy notice a real player and AI tho.

Tuckin

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I seem to have hit some kind of bug. On the second(?) dungeon (listener's heart) my companion pathfinding seems to break at a specific point and he runs off the edge and dies. This kind of makes the rest of the dungeon too hard. Anyone else had this?

Kureizu

Oct 27, 2017
Alicante, Spain.
Thankfully the UE4 TAA sharpening edit works with this game, it's definately a bit too blurry for my liking by default.

Go to:

Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Ashen\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and edit:
Engine.ini

Put this in file below everything else-

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2 (default is 1 edit to your liking)

You need AA set at least to 'High' ingame for this to work properly.

Thanks for that. It looks much better now.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
so can you just buy this through the epic store and get it on your steam list to play through there because it is DRM free?

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's the deal with drowning in a matter of seconds. You don't even get a chance to save yourself cause you move so slow.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Yes.

Phew,finally got Vagrant's Rest as my hub,took a few tries but like Souls game,when you know where everyone is and the death traps,it gets easier...not sure how long I will last,especially with that janky companion but I like it a lot.
:) Nice to know. I will grab this game when done with rdr2 and tomb raider.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Does the game run in 60 fps on xbox one x? I would like to try it, but don't know if I want to start buying stuff from the epic store

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
UI and upgrades and etc are all way easier to understand then Dark Souls games for me.
Its abit more simplified. And i am totally fine with that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait to make my character look like this.

SpottedRightBoar-size_restricted.gif

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Theorry pretty sure up on the dpad is a "come here" ping. Mainly for multiplayer.

I had someone do it and I got a notification saying "X is calling you" appear on my screen.

So that someone can use it to ask for help or highlight a secret .

The person showed me where an upgrade feather was.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I don't suppose anyone's beaten the final boss yet? Having some issues with the fight. :/

electristan

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Anyone able to get their PlayStation controller to be recognized in the game?

On PC here and no luck :( tried the mouse and keyboard but i've played the Souls games on consoles so just does not feel right

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anybody know details about the FPS on xb1x. I know it has a high res mode and a 1080p, is it 30 and 60 fps?

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone able to get their PlayStation controller to be recognized in the game?

On PC here and no luck :( tried the mouse and keyboard but i've played the Souls games on consoles so just does not feel right
It's working for me using Ds4windows, I still get Xbox button prompts though.

I got so used to steam recognizing my Ds4 flawlessly that I nearly had a panick Attack when I launched Ashen and the only thing that worked was my keyboard and the mouse.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Well I was gonna buy the damn game on epic but its just literally not letting me use my credit card...

electristan

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
It's working for me using Ds4windows, I still get Xbox button prompts though.

I got so used to steam recognizing my Ds4 flawlessly that I nearly had a panick Attack when I launched Ashen and the only thing that worked was my keyboard and the mouse.

Life saver! Thanks so much, had that same panic :D

Tried Xboxce but no luck, this was easy

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The work they put into this has paid off, it really shows how much work they put in and I can see why they were putting in all that work now.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Didnt know about how the multiplayer works,thats pretty interesting...maybe thats why my NPC Companion at one point just sat down and stop following me...? a real player was logging in my game...? or is the message more obvious when this happens...?

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So is the first side mission you get pretty much undoable until you progress the story? It says climb the ruins, i end up at a block my guy wont climb up...

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Game is super smooth on OG Xbox so far. I still had one crash though, shucks.
Good guy AI is way better than me, haha! Saved me twice already.

Status
Not open for further replies.