• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who do you think will win?

• Ashanti

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • Keyshia

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
Ashanti vs Keyshia battle is about to begin. For those who don't know Verzuz is a series that started on Instagram during lockdown to bring some positivity to people and artist with large back catalogues.
Thoughts? Anyone watching?
Here's the link
ashanti-keyshia-cole.jpg

Epitomage

Banned
Sep 25, 2020
see ya Era, I'm on this like a gist that even RuPaul couldn't hit. Gonna Skip the stone and grab a brick. Break the glass to date the axe, take some strolls with a serious limp.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Clicked on the link without knowing anything. First thought: "Where is Ja???" I haven't heard someone playing Ja Rule in many years.

OP, can you explain more in your post? What kind of battle? Rap battle, I'm guessing?
edit: OP explained. I didn't know either of them before this thread.

Last edited:

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Already in there. And yes, two opposite R&B artist are going to Rap Battle because who doesn't rap battle because we can pretend we don't know what this is.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah Ashanti for me, honestly never heard of Keyshia , but Ashanti was so big in Brasil early 2000's its crazy.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Yep. Already in there. And yes, two opposite R&B artist are going to Rap Battle because who doesn't rap battle because we can pretend we don't know what this is.
?
I wasn't familiar with them, and that was the only battle I could think of besides a battle of the bands given what I had to go on: two chairs with two mics and hip-hop playing with nobody in the stream, which didn't look like the setup for a battle of the bands to me. OP didn't have much info in their post, so I didn't know what I was clicking on. I thought it was gonna be wrestling until I clicked the link haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.fresh

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
I heard them both so much during my childhood but honestly Keyshia has more hits by her self compared to the more ensemble hits that Ashanti has.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally been an hour and it hasn't even started yet. People gotta go to work. 😂

As for me, I'm on team Keyshia. Ashanti's repertoire is way too wrapped up in Ja Rule's for this to be fair.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Changing my vote to Ashanti because she showed up first.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea. But personally I'm more of an Ashanti person myself.

OP
OP
Mr.fresh

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
A better description of Verzuz for those who asked:
Verzuz, also known as Verzuz TV, is an American webcast series created by producers Timbaland and Swizz Beatz. ... The series invites two music icons, predominantly R&B and hip-hop, to highlight their discographies in two 10-song rounds during a three-hour session.

OP
OP
Mr.fresh

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
😂
Man Nas is great! I don't think she really forgot LOL she was retweeting it all day. Maybe she's stuck in traffic lol

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
These things usually start an hour late, but this feels like it's been 3.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I REALLY need this DJ to just let the music play. When he came in scratching over the bridge of "Shoulda Let You Go" I almost lost it.

Also "Ooh Baby" is the perfect response song. This is a legitimately hard battle.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"Sad and Lonely" is the highlight. I stake my claim on that.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
MAN, THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA GET THROUGH THIS WITHOUT HEARING "LOVE." 8D

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
........ WHERE WAS THIS DJ IN THE BEGINNING? WAS HE RUNNING LATE WITH KEYSHIA TOO???