• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not falling for that again but even if he wins you know he'll get his ass handed to him by a newbie in the next season, hell he'll even use Pikachu and still lose.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They made an excuse so he cant evolve one of his pokemons, that says everything about how writers view ash, like rowlet he is never going to evolve

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3yvZ6Zp.jpg

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Itd be funny if in the final episode the camera cuts and we see a much older Ash. Turna out he was aging the entire time but since he never won his self perception never 'evolved.'

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
People still stanning Gary in the year 2019. Guy got embarrassed so bad he switched careers.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, then I agree. These episodes had fantastic animation and style.

The only issue I have with the battles in Sun and Moon is how Z moves basically work like going Super Saiyan. Until that's used you know its not over, and its often what ends battles. XY was similar with Mega Evolutions near the end of its run, but at least it was still a battle after that.

Even if he wins Alola (and that's a huge fucking if), it won't even feel right. Kalos and Sinnoh would've felt like great wins, but not Alola, which doesn't even follow the gym and League formula the prior regions did.

On the contrary, Sun and Moon were much tougher games than XY in general. Why does the Gym/League formula matter? (Red and Green were even in the postgame, and they were an entry point challenge to the tree)

It seems like Sword and Shield is possibly doing something different too.

Last edited:

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Even if he wins Alola (and that's a huge fucking if), it won't even feel right. Kalos and Sinnoh would've felt like great wins, but not Alola, which doesn't even follow the gym and League formula the prior regions did.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
They had their chance, their last chance, with XY and the buildup they gave Greninja. They could have had him win and take a victory lap with Serena in Sun/Moon but they didn't. At this point no one gives a shit. Can you imagine if in Yu-Gi-Oh Yugi just lost each and every single tournament? Dude won all the time and people fucking loved it.

I didn't actually pay attention after Ash lost to the Charizard, can someone tell me did Ash leave his unique one of a kind Greninja in a fucking box? Because if so, that is beyond fucked. Dude already has an all star team of six ready to go whenever he wants. At this point Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, and Greninja would be a monster team that would give anyone a run for their money. That sixth spot can go to any number of other good mons he has.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
They had their chance, their last chance, with XY and the buildup they gave Greninja. They could have had him win and take a victory lap with Serena in Sun/Moon but they didn't. At this point no one gives a shit. Can you imagine if in Yu-Gi-Oh Yugi just lost each and every single tournament? Dude won all the time and people fucking loved it.

I didn't actually pay attention after Ash lost to the Charizard, can someone tell me did Ash leave his unique one of a kind Greninja in a fucking box? Because if so, that is beyond fucked. Dude already has an all star team of six ready to go whenever he wants. At this point Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, and Greninja would be a monster team that would give anyone a run for their money. That sixth spot can go to any number of other good mons he has.

Speak for yourself and nobody else thx. That shit really annoys me in Prince of Tennis and Hajime no Ippo. Like I actually wanted the protagonists to lose more than win. The show is a tie in promotional deal so they're not going to sideline the regions lineup so whingy adults can watch a 10 yr old win a Pokemon battle.

I hope they let ash win if only because I want him retired.

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love a new protag for kids today (like are we gonna be seeing this kid for 40 years?). Hell, keep pikachu. Maybe have the main protag have 2 primary pokemon 1 pika and another equivalent. But I'm not really invested in this like everyone else, I'm just down for seeing someone new with a different personality/general design to ash. Obviously we can never loose pikachu the REAL protagonist.

Like someone mentioned, the audience changes over time rather than catering to adults who are still watching. I dont know what would be gained from changing the protagonists "for the kids". That doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they let ash win if only because I want him retired.

I know it's a long shot, but I'd love a new protag for kids today (like are we gonna be seeing this kid for 40 years?). Hell, keep pikachu. Maybe have the main protag have 2 primary pokemon 1 pika and another equivalent. But I'm not really invested in this like everyone else, I'm just down for seeing someone new with a different personality/general design to ash. Obviously we can never loose pikachu the REAL protagonist.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
You know what, OP? I can see it. Ash pulling a Blue and becoming Champion only to lose the title 5 minutes later is exactly the kind of bullshit I expect from Ash.

I never even considered Red. If they were ever going to introduce him to the anime, this would be the time, as he was on vacation in Alola in the games. That would be so mean and so funny.

Yes, in fact.

This was great.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Look, this is how much anime bullshit he was on back in Kalos.

And yet when the final battle came, he choked.

He is ordained to choke.

Motherfucker has reverse plot armor.

I got mad remembering how awesome this fight was only for Ash to job at the end. You could write a term paper on the existential nihilism of a 20 year old cartoon where the main character loses every major league he enters.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Boy will you all have egg on your face when Ash wins the Superbowl and the Buffalo Bills become the Alola League Champions.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be shocked if Ash doesn't job again like he has in the past. It's almost a running joke of the anime by now.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ash is about to win but the tournament is blown up by some legendary during an end-the-world plot. Tournament cancelled.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ash will only win once he turns 11 years old.

:(

The pokemon anime is the literal definition of insanity.
tbh, it's entire existance is to get you frustrated enough with ash, so you'll buy the game just to prove that being a champion isn't hard at all.

Last edited:

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
See you guys in 3 more years so we can debate whether Ash will win this new league because even though none of his pokemon are evolved he has an actual sword and shield and can fight pokemon monster hunter style.

OP
OP
Busaiku

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people put so much stock on Ash in Kalos.
Kalos Ash and Pikachu were the most boring ever. Pikachu did like nothing after Korrina. Noibat, Hawlucha, and Talonflame were all jobbers. Goodra only had 1 battle before being released.
Greninja was legit, but everyone else sucked.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people put so much stock on Ash in Kalos.
Kalos Ash and Pikachu were the most boring ever. Pikachu did like nothing after Korrina. Noibat, Hawlucha, and Talonflame were all jobbers. Goodra only had 1 battle before being released.
Greninja was legit, but everyone else sucked.

Pikachu was bopping Alains whole team. Greninja couldnt even beat the charizard that got softened up for him.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
See you guys in 3 more years so we can debate whether Ash will win this new league because even though none of his pokemon are evolved he has an actual sword and shield and can fight pokemon monster hunter style.
They will make an excuse to make scorbunny not evolve like he kicked a everstone thinking it was a football

OP
OP
Busaiku

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ash is about to win but the tournament is blown up by some legendary during an end-the-world plot. Tournament cancelled.
Ash has already beaten Legendary equivalent Pokémon this gen, has a rivalry with a Legendary Pokémon, caught Mythical and Legendary equivalent Pokémon, and has commanded a Legendary Pokémon.
Pikachu was bopping Alains whole team. Greninja couldnt even beat the charizard that got softened up for him.
Prior to the League.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We havent even gotten the obligatory "ends in a draw" final battle yet.

it'll be a double KO, and no-one is declared the winner.

I think it's time to realise, ash is simply not cut out to be a trainer. He's got very low battle IQ.
He's got a lv99 pikachu, but fails to use it properly.

args

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling; Numerous accumulated infractions
how bored and lacking priorities do you gotta be to still be watching cartoons in adulthood

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Prior to the League.

Honestly, I always thought the Greninja fusion was the weirdest shit in the anime (both how it literally gets his hair complete with lightning bolt decals, and how nobody else in the world has ever had that ability). He had some chosen one bullshit that felt like it was right out of the anime movies.
Did you all really want him to win with that kind of nonsense?

Like how are people trying to de-legitimize the Alola league while ignoring that Anime Kalos league had this completely nonsense powerup.

how bored and lacking priorities do you gotta be to still be watching cartoons in adulthood

how bored and lacking priorities do you gotta be to be complaining about what people watch on a forum

Last edited:

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ash will, and will continue to never win a League. He'll always choke and lose. Don't do this to yourself trusting Ash to win.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017

Not to be rude, but are you serious? The biggest blockbuster of the year has superheros fighting a purple people eater. The biggest television event of the year had dragons and ice zombies. Modern entertainment culture built on childish things, and you're going to draw the line at cartoons?

Last edited:

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only if because it's not a real League just like Orange Islands wasn't a real League.

They can easily stretch this out for a few more gens without much trouble. Gen 8,Ash wins league, loses to Elite4 member #1. Gen 9, Ash beats league, loses to Elite4 member #3.Gen 10 Ash wins league, Loses to Elite4 member#4.Gen 11 Ash Beats league, loses to the champion. And that's by skipping a loss from Elite 4 member #2 and you already have 12 years worth of anime without Ash becoming champion. Add a loss to elite member #2 and you get 15 years worth of anime without Ash being champion. Have Ash reach thesame level as before (like winning top 8 twice, here losing to the champion twice) and you add 3 more, or maybe even more. By then you can just have Ash win but continue to want to win another championship or just want to coach a new pokemon trainer to become a master.