• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Legit. Alola is the Gen 7 region from the games and the anime will end up spending 2.5-3 years there. So yeah he probably won't win. Although the format of the Alolan anime has aparently been different to the previous main region anime.
Yeah, but it's similar to Orange in that there are only 4 badges instead of 8 and you do weird challenges instead of just straight battling.

OP
OP
Busaiku

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu wanted to prove he was strong and that he could beat a Raichu without evolving. I don't remember anything else they've touched on in that area but 20 years later the unevolved Pikachu has not been strong enough to secure his partner a win a league.

It's also not like it's impossible they could set up an arc that ends in Pikachu evolving if they wanted to.

They could also throw Ash a birthday if they wanted to.
That's the point, Pikachu doesn't need to get bigger to be stronger.
Pikachu secured wins in the Orange League and Battle Frontier, along with doing the most against Alain and Tobias.

Evolving just undermines the point, that bigger is always better.
That's not progression.

Plus he has Pikashunium Z.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason the writers hate Ash and won't let him win?
I guess it's the logic of "once Ash wins one league, what's his motivation for entering more leagues"?. They probably feel like it'll be even more special when he finally does win a league, even though it just makes Ash look lamer each and every year.

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
I guess it's the logic of "once Ash wins one league, what's his motivation for entering more leagues"?. They probably feel like it'll be even more special when he finally does win a league, even though it just makes Ash look lamer each and every year.

More like the target group isn't watching all Pokemon episodes but just for a few years until they grow out of it.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Why would it matter if he wins one regions league. Why would they retire the character after he wins? Makes zero sense, one region win just means he'd want to keep going and win other regions anyway.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
That's the point, Pikachu doesn't need to get bigger to be stronger.
Pikachu secured wins in the Orange League and Battle Frontier, along with doing the most against Alain and Tobias.

Evolving just undermines the point, that bigger is always better.
That's not progression.

Plus he has Pikashunium Z.

I see what you're saying.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
LMAO Ash is going to lose to Hau because he's already beat him before meaning Hau is gonna deliver the hard L here.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
More like the target group isn't watching all Pokemon episodes but just for a few years until they grow out of it.
Yep, like Precure and Super Sentai, kids stopped watching the show by the age of 13 and by then a new generation of kids are there to replace them. The problem is that unlike those shows pokemon don't replace the protagonist every year, which ticks off adult fans who are still watching.

untitled.png

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hau is the Sawyer equivalent.
Ash never lost to someone he beat before.
He literally did lose to Sawyer right before the league though. The writers knew there would be no tension if Ash fought Sawyer in the league and had beaten him last. That's why Hau's gonna pull a dark horse and roll up with a full team out of nowhere and beat Ash. Not to mention he still has to prove himself to Hala and winning the league will do just that and reflect what happened in USUM.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the thread last time (it might have been on the old forum). That was hilarious when he lost. And he will lose again, and it will be a fun time here again.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Look, Ash is a jobber.

It's all he's ever been good at. He's just there to sell for the cooler opponents and to disappoint Pikachu and make it develop an inferiority complex becuase it can never get the job done when it counts.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
#AVATARBETONASHWINNING

I DON'T EVEN HAVE AN AVATAR I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE WHO WANTS THE EASIEST WIN THEY'LL EVER TAKE?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
After losing with fucking Greninja you are literally insane to bet Ash could ever win a League.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This. The writers will destroy their own narrative if needed to have him lose
Tobias and Alain are already proof of it. Alain even worse because the whole story arc was about Alain losing finally for the first time and growing from it, but some exec probably told the writers: "nah, you can't do that".

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone counted the number of days that pass during the series to find out how old Ash is? So much failure in such a short life.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Call me when he is in the final so I can watch 1 episode of Pokemon again and watch Ash lose again

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Title Defense is how you can show that even the Champion can learn and grow.
While the player/protagonist is the canonical Champion, the Title Defense has no canonical outcome.
Ash can be granted the title and immediately lose it to Kukui, thus he still has incentive to go elsewhere and learn new things.

You know what, OP? I can see it. Ash pulling a Blue and becoming Champion only to lose the title 5 minutes later is exactly the kind of bullshit I expect from Ash.

Watch Ash almost win the league and then adult Red comes out of nowhere to stomp him and take the crown.

I never even considered Red. If they were ever going to introduce him to the anime, this would be the time, as he was on vacation in Alola in the games. That would be so mean and so funny.

Has anyone counted the number of days that pass during the series to find out how old Ash is? So much failure in such a short life.

Yes, in fact.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd move away from Ash. I honestly don't think he's that important to the anime. Just age him up, give him a kid, then give the kid his Pikachu.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I remember the thread last time (it might have been on the old forum). That was hilarious when he lost. And he will lose again, and it will be a fun time here again.

Man we had hope in that thread. The animation was amazing and the music was getting us pumped and they just left us drowning in failure at the end. There has never been as great as build up just for such a fantastic deflation in cartoon history that I have witnessed.