• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you want for the future of Evil Dead?

• Reboot

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Sequel to the Newest film

Votes: 38 13.4%
  • Renew This Show

Votes: 82 28.9%
  • New Evil Dead film with Bruce Campbell

Votes: 148 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
The series is mad over rated, not surprised

The movies are even worse

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Sorry for the bump (hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up here)

But Evil Dead 2 is one of my all-time favourite movies and I just sort of assumed this TV show was a mediocre remake/knock-off (even though I knew it had big Cambs in it)

... But it's not?

It's legit fucking amazing and even the first episode alone is like getting a modern revitalisation of Evil Dead 2?

God damn!!!
The third season is the best.

First season overall I preferred to the second. The second season has some real highs, but some ugly dips in quality. And that last episode of season two is utter garbage.

Season 3 is all killer no filler.

Mayhaps this series isn't catered to you, and may I suggest that you deal with the fact that TV shows and movies don't all have to cater to you either.

You don't have to like it, but taking the attitude that money spent on a TV show aimed at other people is something worth complaining about is pretty self centered to say the least. But then you did walk into a thread about a TV show cancelled many months back to stick the knife into those of us that actually loved it.

Mar 29, 2018

they're B-movies

It's a B-movie series

It's not some high end or high brow masterwork

Just enjoy it for what it is

(For the record I don't like The Evil Dead that much because it feels like it's really trying to be serious a lot of the time and doesn't pull it off. Evil Dead 2 it comes into its own because it embraces the wackiness and humour.)

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
User Warned: Trolling across a series of posts
The third season is the best.

First season overall I preferred to the second. The second season has some real highs, but some ugly dips in quality. And that last episode of season two is utter garbage.

Season 3 is all killer no filler.

Mayhaps this series isn't catered to you, and may I suggest that you deal with the fact that TV shows and movies don't all have to cater to you either.

You don't have to like it, but taking the attitude that money spent on a TV show aimed at other people is something worth complaining about is pretty self centered to say the least. But then you did walk into a thread about a TV show cancelled many months back to stick the knife into those of us that actually loved it.

Oh of course, only you can see behind the curtain and see the truth of things. So glad we have wondrous intellectuals like you in this world, truly.

The drama !
Come on folks, don't be salty someone don't like the same thing as you. What is this, a jerk circle? Can't have a negative opinion ?

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
To make a long story short: Bruce Campbell was excited to do Ash VS Evil Dead and has gone on record many times saying he hoped it would go on for many seasons. Since so few people were willing to legally support the show (which really upset him) and the show was canceled, he more or less said "fuck it I'm done" and retired Ash. I'm obviously summarizing the events here but Bruce was really upset that the show got canceled and that people refused to support it along with the piracy numbers he often talked about. He retired Ash because of this reason. Not because he was too tired to do it.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The drama !
Come on folks, don't be salty someone don't like the same thing as you. What is this, a jerk circle? Can't have a negative opinion ?
Didn't you say that people only liked this show due to nostalgia?
giphy.gif

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
To make a long story short: Bruce Campbell was excited to do Ash VS Evil Dead and has gone on record many times saying he hoped it would go on for many seasons. Since so few people were willing to legally support the show (which really upset him) and the show was canceled, he more or less said "fuck it I'm done" and retired Ash. I'm obviously summarizing the events here but Bruce was really upset that the show got canceled and that people refused to support it along with the piracy numbers he often talked about. He retired Ash because of this reason. Not because he was too tired to do it.

I'm still salty AF about the cancelation and the lack of support by the wider audience. Such a shame.