• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Makes sense to pair a failure like Ash to the worst version of the game too

wait don't throw shit at me
STOP

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
As if I wasn't disinterested in Let's Go enough, they had to use this loser to advertise it.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
panic.gif

no no no i dont like it aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they bothered to do this now and not at launch, since the Japanese release used Anime Ash in the lead up to the launch.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Let's Go Pikachu is now tainted by the forever by associated with the Pokemon master of choking.

Eevee >>>

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Ash proves why he's the worst pokemon trainer by telling people to get Pikachu over Eevee...

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
That's the highest point in Ash's Pokemon Career.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course people already calling Ash a loser even though the League seems way harder in the anime than it ever was in the games. By comparison, the closest equivalent is usually those big postgame tournaments or something that a lot of people don't even bother with.

That aside, this is certainly... a little weird. Just because I can't recall Ash or other anime characters ever being used this way before. But I guess Nintendo gotta keep finding new ways to advertise their best sellers, like how Breath of the Wild still gets new commercials even though it's obviously selling very, very well.
Wish it was Veronica Taylor though.

edit:

That's been his VA for like 15 seasons now, almost double the amount veronica taylor had, lol.

While that's true, the main reason I wish it was Veronica is just because Ash is using a design based on his original look. Even if it is from the newer movie.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they got someone who can't win a league to promote this?

call me when Tobias or Cameron endorses a game. now them motherfuckers are some winners

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why should I listen to a loser like Ash? Kid lost countless times and went back to pokemon school while his rival made something of himself and probably already has a Ph.D in the same field as his grandfather.