• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to play it one day, it look pretty good.

My choice would have been Golem. This game pass too much under the radar.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
When a standalone headset unit plays this for $400 instead of $1000+ PC + headset price, I'd love to check it out.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit I thought this game would suck because it looked like God of War + Horizon ZD, but apparently that's only superficial and for a single part of the game?

I haven't picked it up because I was more busy recently and was hoping for some Oculus sale. Might just have to buy it soon.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Mine was disco elysium but I can't knock this as I haven't played it. Looks interesting though. Some day I'll give it a try. VR isn't at the right point for me to jump in yet

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Have you played Asgard's Wrath?
Yeah. I haven't finished it but to be fair, I rarely ever finish games. Not the games fault, my own.
It's good, but Disco Elysium just hit different. I know, myself expressing personal opinions like the first post I made, but that game really did respark my love and interest in video games again

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely have this on my radar. Kinda hoping for a sale on it soon, but it being on the Oculus Store makes that a lot less likely.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Huh? People's Choice?

That's kind of insane considering how niche VR is and also how anti-VR the IGN community is. Well deserved and also perplexing to see it happen.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I guess VR adoption is higher than I thought on PC? That's a lot of votes.
Going by Steam's hardware surveys, a year ago there was something like 750,000 monthly active users on Steam with VR headsets installed. By now that number should be over a million (possibly approaching 2 million considering the market had been growing exponentially to that point). I would bet the number is going to really shoot up with the announcement of Half Life:Alyx, and the ability to use an Oculus Quest as a PCVR headset.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I bolded "perplexing". After the announcement of HL:A, it doesn't surprise me at all that people who bought in to VR after that games announcement probably looked up what the "Best VR game" is when they got their headset and the result was Asgard's Wrath.
It's just surprising because so few people know of Asgard's Wrath since VR is still small.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Were only PC exclusives eligible? That would go some way to making sense of this. I'm happy for the developers and VR as a platform though!

Edit: I see that they were. Yeah, not a whole heap of PC exclusives these days, and a growing number of them are VR titles for obvious reasons.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
You dont need to spend 1000 for a headset... especially for this game since is for the oculus
He said $1000+ for the PC, not the headset. You *can* get away with cheaper, but you really don't want to go too much cheaper for VR - here's a video on building a VR-capable gaming PC for $700:

The trick is you need a PC that can run a game at high resolution for two eyes at a solid 90fps (72fps on Quest, 80fps Rift S).

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I just checked this out on YouTube. Never looked at it before. Actually looks really good.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I bolded "perplexing". After the announcement of HL:A, it doesn't surprise me at all that people who bought in to VR after that games announcement probably looked up what the "Best VR game" is when they got their headset and the result was Asgard's Wrath.

I know I did! lol

Were only PC exclusives eligible? That would go some way to making sense of this. I'm happy for the developers and VR as a platform though!

Edit: I see that they were. Yeah, not a whole heap of PC exclusives these days, and a growing number of them are VR titles for obvious reasons.

There are tons of PC exclusives, but not many of that size and scope.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Asgard's Wrath is actually a pretty great game. I'm totally amazed to see it win a poll like this, but it's well deserved. It's the most impressive AAA vr game right now.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just picked this up and played for 3 hours straight. Forget about gimmicky VR experiences, this is the real deal, a fully fledged action RPG in mesmerisingly pretty VR. Tons of variety in those 3 hours and I've barely scratched the surface of the game's mechanics. Doubters would do well to check their cynicism at the door and give this a try.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This sounds really great, it came free with the Oculus Rift I ordered. Can't wait til Christmas to break it.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I want to play VR SO BAD, it makes me sick like a wick though. I tried to muscle through over an hour of Astro-Bot, but I was dead for the rest of the day after it and that game is so good...

Anyone get sick on the PSVR but not the Occulus or Vive? Still want to get one... Asgard's Wrath looks so good.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Just picked this up and played for 3 hours straight. Forget about gimmicky VR experiences, this is the real deal, a fully fledged action RPG in mesmerisingly pretty VR. Tons of variety in those 3 hours and I've barely scratched the surface of the game's mechanics. Doubters would do well to check their cynicism at the door and give this a try.
I recently got this as well and totally agree with your impression. It's a great game.

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to play VR SO BAD, it makes me sick like a wick though. I tried to muscle through over an hour of Astro-Bot, but I was dead for the rest of the day after it and that game is so good...

Anyone get sick on the PSVR but not the Occulus or Vive? Still want to get one... Asgard's Wrath looks so good.
First, you probably already learned this, but definitely don't try powering through VR sickness. It will just make things much worse, and make you sick for much longer. If you start feeling sick, stop playing right away.

I suffer a lot less VR sickness from the Vive than I do from PSVR. Even something like Star Trek Bridge Crew was causing me issues on PSVR, due to PSVR's shitty tracking, but I have no issues with it on Vive. I'll be giving Astro Bot a try soon to see how I do with that. Smooth locomotion still makes me sick almost immediately on the Vive though.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't have VR, but I just want to say huge congrats to Sanzaru Games. They're a very underrated dev. Sly 4 was legit good, their Sly trilogy collection is probably the best done of the Sony trio, and the Sonic Boom 3DS games are the only decent ones of that era (not counting mobile games). Oh and they did that Mystery Case Files Wii game which I think was well regarded.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You dont need to spend 1000 for a headset... especially for this game since is for the oculus

they think the PC you need to play something like this costs $1000+ because they don't know anything about what VR PC parts cost

like they don't know that a GTX 1060 goes for $70 on ebay, that you can buy an i5 4690 + mobo + 8 gb RAM right now for $200 on ebay, that a case with PSU can be bought for $60 on microcenter's website, etc.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Was my most anticipated be game this year besides Homeworks. Haven't been able to pick it up yet tho so hopefully sometime next year it's on sale, should have upgraded my pc too by then

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Excellent news. Been meaning to pick this up soon. Was just trying to clean up my backlog a little before buying something new

Jan 9, 2018
Long load times and headset getting hot ruined this game for me but I definitely see why people enjoyed it
I thought it was decent overall

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who has been very low on VR this is the one game that's really got me curious about it and potentially going to dive in later.