• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
One would have thought you could have used your out time to learn the difference between Sweden and UK.

And now I am defending both of my countries ... that incident wasn't in the UK either. Read the comments. It is kind of obvious when officials arrive and they have uniforms on that look like nothing used in the UK.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Man, that upplaying of the victims injuries is ridiculous. Wow.

goes both ways my friend. but "beaten bloody" just puts a particular image in my head, and it just didnt match
I'm not upplaying anything, so you "cleverly" turning what I said around is pretty weak.
The victim was beaten until bloody. These are wounds that will clearly require professional medical attention, and will probably leave permanent marks.
Not sure why you think that's anything less than beaten bloody.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not upplaying anything, so you "cleverly" turning what I said around is pretty weak.
The victim was beaten until bloody. These are wounds that will clearly require professional medical attention, and will probably leave permanent marks.
Not sure why you think that's anything less than beaten bloody.

https://i./1s/2019/07/25/13/16490272-7285369-image-a-34_1564057520674.jpg

are you for real

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden is a perfectly safe place, as is europe in general. Of course there are some areas that are a bit rough like in some run-down inner-city areas but that's par for the course all across the world.
The sentence seems very sensible for the crime that was committed. Heck if it was the UK he would probably have got off with a caution and a small fine.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
A fine is a slap on the wrist compared to the sentences some people were throwing around. He's doing no time, this is a win for him.
Forum posts don't mean anything. A lot of people were saying he should go free without a trial lol.

He was found guilty of assault, that's enough. He didn't act within self defense limits.

He absolutely got a fair sentence though, so maybe that's enough to count as a win?

Last edited:

Deleted member 14192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

are you for real
here you go
53320b56-e80d-4b49-a239-d0882d474419
3d6df2ab-a9ba-4d0d-be81-6be9d408ad57
a15d4fa3-edcb-4b79-a00d-d0565208fce6

c55762d7-1fb3-405f-a2af-f0f4d0d5bd3f

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria

are you for real
Post the other pictures too.
Here are a few (can't embed them properly, but scroll through them)

A fine is a slap on the wrist compared to the sentences some people were throwing around. He's doing no time, this is a win for him.
Those were the maximum penalties. Also, he'll likely pay another 20k€ to cover court costs.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

so those wounds on his arm. are they from beating beaten or from falling? I'm just saying. we can't say beaten bloody then use wounds of when they fell to justify what beaten bloody means. He got hit, he feel and got wounds on his arm. Is that being beaten bloody? I'm sorry but my understanding of beaten bloody is literally getting beaten until u are bloody. the wounds from being beaten bloody are directly from the hits

Deleted member 14192

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so those wounds on his arm. are they from beating beaten or from falling? I'm just saying. we can't say beaten bloody then use wounds of when they fell to justify what beaten bloody means. He got hit, he feel and got wounds on his arm. Is that being beaten bloody? I'm sorry but my understanding of beaten bloody is literally getting beaten until u are bloody. the wounds from being beaten bloody are directly from the hits
Don't be a idiot.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
why are you choosing this hill to die on when there's a real trial that did a fair take on this lol

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If being "beaten bloody" includes when someone gets hit and gets scrapes from falling on his hands/arm. What about those who get beaten excessively from direct hits then. What do we call that if that isn't being beaten bloody.

i mean, i just have a very different idea of "beaten bloody"

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Still would rather that and get no time versus him doing a year or two.

He was never going to get a year or two. Locals in the thread said time served was the most likely outcome.

He now has a criminal record in Sweden. He has a suspended sentence. Her spent a month inside.

I don't really see that as a win. YMMV.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess "beaten bloody" is just something different in Sweden. When someone says beaten bloody, again in my mind, im seeing something like when you literally google beaten bloody.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just so glad that bullshit like this is cool to be thrown around in these threads but the minute something is said about Sweden you are "antagonizing users". Just glad that the guy never has to set foot in that country again.

Who is antagonizing who here, exactly? The guy assaulted someone and was fairly tried for it. For what it's worth, I'd be happy to never have him back here.

I guess "beaten bloody" is just something different in Sweden. When someone says beaten bloody, again in my mind, im seeing something like when you literally google beaten bloody.

He was assaulted and had several lacerations or cuts, as far as I remember. That's pretty much the literal meaning of being beaten bloody.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
ive understood the literal meaning as going beyond that. like if u literally google it.
Are you trying to claim some "I could care less" thing, where a phrase doesn't mean what one would assume it literally means?
I don't thing the assumption that someone who was beaten and sustained bloody injuries could be described as "beaten bloody" is unreasonable.
The injuries not being as explicit as some photos you found seems irrelevant.

Semantics aside, do you, after looking at those photos, still feel this way:
felt like they were being super extra with Asap, they just seemed overboard with Asap when it wasnt that serious
?

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Trolling, Inflammatory Accusations Against Other Posters and Hostility Over a Series of Posts; Returning from Bans Twice and Resuming Banned Behavior

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Seems like a lot of people in here seem to think he's innocent due to the video he released when this first all came out.

The video definitely seemed to suggest that he was defending himself and not the assailant, and I thought that myself for a while.

But it had clear cuts and could be very easily edited and Swedish court claimed it was, so I'm happy with that. So should anybody be.

Anyone still claiming he's 100% innocent is just a fanboy and ignoring facts. If you respect Rocky and think he's a good guy, good for you, but if you trust him over a court of law when you don't know him personally, you're an idiot.

Unless you were there when it happened or in the courtroom for the entire case, you aren't qualified to say he's innocent, period.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
ive understood the literal meaning as going beyond that. like if u literally google it.

If you image google "tumour" you will almost certainly get images of the most grotesque cancers imaginable. That doesn't mean a smaller tumour isn't one. Or isn't serious, for that matter.

Using google images as a dictionary might not be as good an idea as you seem to think, unless you only deem the most extreme definitions of words to be valid.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
but if you trust him over a court of law when you don't know him personally, you're an idiot.

I mean, that statement right there is a reach tho, at least when it comes to America. I don't know the racial dynamics of Sweden and the justice system there so I cant speak on Sweden courts. but in America, that statement just does not apply. And the Central park 4 + 1 proves that.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you image google "tumour" you will almost certainly get images of the most grotesque cancers imaginable. That doesn't mean a smaller tumour isn't one. Or isn't serious, for that matter.

Using google images as a dictionary might not be as good an idea as you seem to think, unless just the most extreme definitions of words are the only valid ones.

has nothing to do with google images, but rather, its just google images agrees with what comes to my mind when I see the words "beaten bloody."

so what I am saying is, what comes to my mind, is what comes to what seems to be the general consensus based on google images. Whether its the general consensus is definitely debatable, but they have all our data so.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah he broke the law, he's guilty. Really weird to see so much legitimate hate towards Rocky though. Like he shouldn't have done what he did, but it was pretty obvious the whole situation made him feel uncomfortable and he reacted the way he knows how.

Rocky is from Harlem, Harlem isn't roses and butterflies. It's a tough area. He doesn't know that guy, he doesn't know what he is capable of. Again he's guilty, he was found guilty, justice was served.

Let's relax and not be racist dickheads calling him a "thug". This board should know better than that.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I mean yeah he broke the law, he's guilty. Really weird to see so much legitimate hate towards Rocky though. Like he shouldn't have done what he did, but it was pretty obvious the whole situation made him feel uncomfortable and he reacted the way he knows how.

Rocky is from Harlem, Harlem isn't roses and butterflies. It's a tough area. He doesn't know that guy, he doesn't know what he is capable of. Again he's guilty, he was found guilty, justice was served.

Let's relax and not be racist dickheads calling him a "thug". This board should know better than that.
No one called him that. He is a criminal though.