• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Please boycott Sweden and stay away from here. We don't need morons, thank you. :)

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else get disappointed when they hear someone mention this guy and think they're talking about Aesop Rock instead? Not that I would be happy to hear that Aesop Rock assaulted someone, but this happened to me a lot over the past two years.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I'm sure Sweden would appreciate fewer dipshits entering their country and assaulting their citizens. Perhaps they should consult Trump on where he buys his wall materials.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
The defense says they have some new evidence to be presented that will exonerate his client. Wouldn't comment any further.
To clarify, this is one of the lawyers, specifically the lawyer for one of asap rocky's friends and he's hoping this will exonerate this person. From what I've gathered form the text on Aftonbladet at least.

Is this a DICE - Massive rivalry thing?
a rest of Sweden - Skåne rivalry thing.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify, this is one of the lawyers, specifically the lawyer for one of asap rocky's friends and he's hoping this will exonerate this person. From what I've gathered form the text on Aftonbladet at least.

a rest of Sweden - Skåne rivalry thing.
*Sweden - Denmark. Just call Skåne what it is

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Specifically a new lawyer, Martin Persson. Both of the other guys switched lawyers last week and all three lawyers now have some new plan/evidence/info or whatnot. It's something about proving this was a case of self-defense.

"– Det är ingen hemlighet att min klient påstår att han agerat i nödvärn, och det är det vi ska visa, och att våldet man har använt är proportionerligt till det han har utsatts för, säger Martin Persson."

("– It's not a secret that my client claims to have acted in self-defense, and that is what we will prove, and that the force used was proportionate to what he was subjected to, says Martin Persson.")

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Specifically a new lawyer, Martin Persson. Both of the other guys switched lawyers last week and all three lawyers now have some new plan/evidence/info or whatnot. It's something about proving this was a case of self-defense.

"– Det är ingen hemlighet att min klient påstår att han agerat i nödvärn, och det är det vi ska visa, och att våldet man har använt är proportionerligt till det han har utsatts för, säger Martin Persson."

("– It's not a secret that my client claims to have acted in self-defense, and that is what we will prove, and that the force used was proportionate to what he was subjected to, says Martin Persson.")

That has to be some rather compelling evidence to consider 3 on 1 violence, with the immediate threat being removed, self-defense and proportionate.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
You are doing a thing, don't. Your entire statement is not a good look

You are trying to do a funny. This ain't it
Yeah, it is.
Your post could be commented upon, but it'd be tone policing so I'll just ask what is the thing you said the other poster did? Frustration with how one American "celeb"'s crime has unleashed a hate from Americans including screams of boycott and someone threatening to blow up a building with innocent people?
Not even China who claimed police brutality went that far.

pitseleh

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Victim blaming over multiple posts
Someone who is angry. Not everyone can think clearly when they get angry.
No one is saying the victim did something good by not leaving Rocky's group alone. He should definitely have stopped going back to the group when the bodyguard told him to leave and even more definitely when the bodyguard started shoving him... but some people like these can't always take a no and I have seen soooo many situations where they feel that their pride has been hurt and have to go all macho man on the other party. No drugs needed. "Why are you touching me, huh, huh" and such. According to the transcription of the video this kind of thing is what the victim is saying before he gets attacked.
This behavior can't be news to you, right?
What do you do in that situation? Well, you don't escalate it by being even more physical. You definitely don't end it a mere 10 minutes later by throwing the guy to the ground, kicking him and cutting him with broken bottles.

The guy actually has a history with drugs and physical assault. Someone on sherdog mentioned his criminal record, so I found this article:

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/07/asap-rocky-victim-criminal-assault

According to the outlet, in 2016 when Mustafa Jafari was 16 years old, he was prosecuted and convicted of assault for striking a man in the forehead and repeatedly punching him in the face on the streets of Stockholm. Jafari was ordered to complete 30 hours of community service and pay the victim $500.

The criminal assault charge isn't Jafari's sole run-in with the law. He was reportedly convicted of two drug charges in 2017 and 2018, and served no jail time for either offense.

Knowing this, does it really seem so far-fetched that he was on drugs that day? Or that his story on why he approached them in the first place was just another lie? Isn't it likely that Rocky and his people immediately noticed his state of mind, which is why they didn't want to be anywhere near him?

And just to keep reminding people, the bodyguard had most likely already broken the headphones when the victim threw them at him (since the broken part is already dangling by that time), probably by grabbing the victim around the neck with both hands and lifting him that way. Or maybe when he grabbed his neck the second time and pushed him downwards. These actions are visible on the Max footage and curiously cut out of Rocky's video.
"What kind of person does that?"

He didn't throw the headphones at him, he smashed them on his head. Not too surprising, when you look at his criminal record. I just don't understand why some people keep treating him like some poor, innocent soul who had his life ruined by Rocky. He is clearly dangerous and just happened to mess with the wrong people this time.

You really haven't looked at the pre-trial protocol PDF, have you?

Actually, I did. Seems like you only skimmed it, though. How else could you have missed the picture on page 58 (52 on paper) at 21:40:57. You can see the bodyguard's arm and the alleged victim. He is clearly telling him to get lost. This was before it got physical. Headphone boy walks away only to come back a couple of minutes later. He just wouldn't leave them alone, no matter how often they told him to piss off.

Beyond that, others have replied to this, probably in a better way than I would have.

On that we can agree.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it is.
Your post could be commented upon, but it'd be tone policing so I'll just ask what is the thing you said the other poster did? Frustration with how one American "celeb"'s crime has unleashed a hate from Americans including screams of boycott and someone threatening to blow up a building with innocent people?
Not even China who claimed police brutality went that far.
Maybe asking about where the head of sweaden could build a wall against a person of color who openly does not the support the US president and his methods is not a good look

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, I did. Seems like you only skimmed it, though. How else could you have missed the picture on page 58 (52 on paper) at 21:40:57. You can see the bodyguard's arm and the alleged victim. He is clearly telling him to get lost.

Or pointing aggressively at him. Or saying "The McDonalds down there is better than this Swedish chain shit that goes way too heavy on the sauce". As the text itself says, all we can establish from that image is that William is pointing to the right. Unfortunately one of the victims is also to the right, as is the aforementioned competing hamburger chain restaurant.

Whatever it was, it still doesn't justify the aggressive push in the back a couple of minutes later. I've come across a lot of irritating drunk/drugged people in my 45 years on this planet. I've managed to avoid pushing any of them in the back. It really isn't that difficult.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling and Antagonizing Other Users Over Multiple Posts in this Thread; Returning from Ban and Resuming Banned Behavior
Oct 27, 2017
The guy actually has a history with drugs and physical assault. Someone on sherdog mentioned his criminal record, so I found this article:

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/07/asap-rocky-victim-criminal-assault

According to the outlet, in 2016 when Mustafa Jafari was 16 years old, he was prosecuted and convicted of assault for striking a man in the forehead and repeatedly punching him in the face on the streets of Stockholm. Jafari was ordered to complete 30 hours of community service and pay the victim $500.

The criminal assault charge isn't Jafari's sole run-in with the law. He was reportedly convicted of two drug charges in 2017 and 2018, and served no jail time for either offense.

Why is this supposed to prove? ASAP has had a few run ins with the law as well?

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Knowing this, does it really seem so far-fetched that he was on drugs that day? Or that his story on why he approached them in the first place was just another lie? Isn't it likely that Rocky and his people immediately noticed his state of mind, which is why they didn't want to be anywhere near him?
Not saying he was or wasn't on drugs. Just stating no drugs are needed to be in that state of mind.

His history has nothing to do with this. If you're gonna bring it up then you might as well bring Rocky's past up too. Prison for drugs, been accused and charged for assaults and so on. There is some similar stuff to find there so if you're gonna sling shit at one party then you should do it the other way too.

He didn't throw the headphones at him, he smashed them on his head. Not too surprising, when you look at his criminal record. I just don't understand why some people keep treating him like some poor, innocent soul who had his life ruined by Rocky. He is clearly dangerous and just happened to mess with the wrong people this time.
Smashed, threw, whatever.
I have not seen one person claim he was a poor innocent soul. All evidence released to the public point to him being a victim in this single isolated case which is what is being discussed. What he or Rocky or anyone else in this has done before has no relevance here.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019
The wild thing is that people genuinely believe that Americans are boycotting Sweden over this Rocky incident. I can almost guarantee you 99% of America doesn't give a single fuck about this incident.

Right. Or that people even know what comes from Sweden to boycott it.

No, it's unheard of.

You're probably being sarcastic but I've literally never heard it. Even when living in Europe surrounded by Americans.

I find the "stay away from my country" stuff extra hilarious considering that.

Oct 27, 2017
You're probably being sarcastic but I've literally never heard it. Even when living in Europe surrounded by Americans.

I find the "stay away from my country" stuff extra hilarious considering that.

I don't blame them, seeing how were a failed state and all.

The immigrant that Rocky and his buddies curbstomped was no angel, as they say

Ah it's the old "no angel" shit, I wonder where I've heard that before.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The secret about European racism is that it's not actually that much better than American racism, it's just that it's mostly from immigrants from the Carribean, Middle East, and Africa itself.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Maybe asking about where the head of sweaden could build a wall against a person of color who openly does not the support the US president and his methods is not a good look
Sweet Flipping Cthulhu that is the worst take on that.
Like, Jimmie-Boy would need to take lessons in hot takes and being offended from you. The poster before you joked about building a wall to keep AMERICANS out because of them beating up people. (Which, tbf was very much advocated on this forum until it became painfully clear that Asap and his buddies were the aggressors and even then we had people trying to justify it. So dunno how much of a joke you can make about it.)

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
why does this matter?

a quick google search

he did the same thing in the US but the charges got dropped for pleading guilty.

look, another article with asap in jail https://www.bet.com/music/2017/03/21/asap-rocky-jail-fight.html

should this mean asap is guilty for everything? if he looks at me, can i shoot because he has a criminal background?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The wild thing is that people genuinely believe that Americans are boycotting Sweden over this Rocky incident. I can almost guarantee you 99% of America doesn't give a single fuck about this incident.

What?! No, how dare you spread such misinformation. We literally have Americans with pitchforks and signs across the pond in Denmark shouting #boycottSweden.

I cannot believe people take this seriously. :D

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been boycotting Sweden because of Swiss cheese. Stop putting holes in your cheese, I paid for the cheese, that means I want all the cheese.

Yes I know Sweden=/=Swiss

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Tantrum? This thread is full of Swedes telling people they're not welcome and I'm the one throwing the tantrum because the feelings mutual?

No wonder people aren't welcome when they beat up people and/or threaten to blow up an embassy. Lol. If that's what we bring to Sweden it's no wonder they don't want us there.

And yes, you're throwing a tantrum. Just like the POTUS on the daily.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder people aren't welcome when they beat up people and/or threaten to blow up an embassy. Lol. If that's what we bring to Sweden it's no wonder they don't want us there.

And yes, you're throwing a tantrum. Just like the POTUS on the daily.
it's not really hard to see where the defensiveness is coming from given multiple members are being cheeky with American stereotype jokes. While the comments are unnecessary thst dude is admittedly extra salty. There's really no need for the back and forth based on anyone's nationality. Trump is barely an actual factor in this as is.